ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DUF.

53 Clio's & counting
Flol!

Nope, still got it Wurzle, collected it tonight, it's been away for a week having a new cambelt kit fitted, the rear raised up a bit and the exhaust stripped off to find where it's blowing.

Belt change went well, idler was nearly shitting itself so good job it was done, and the rear has come up about 2cm or so - ignoring arch gaps and going by the height of the sills, Duf now has a slight rake and looks much better - going to put some miles on and see how I find it, may get raised a bit more yet.

Exhaust blow turned out to be a crack in the prowler manifold :( though it's fixable so that will be sorted in a few weeks or so.

Will be coming to Combe on Saturday, but will be looking rough as iv not even had chance to wash it.

53 Clio's & counting
It looks a right state mate lol, shame iv ran out of time to get it sorted, should be alot nicer for the Summer action day :)

53 Clio's & counting
Its more a load of little things, cront bumpers fooked, wheels wrong colour, interior dirty etc, will be good once iv had more time on it :)

53 Clio's & counting
Thought id share a picture of one sill - other side looks the same, not bad for a near 18 year old car ;)

8dfeec8b.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Not even folded up and all bent about like normal let alone rusty, so that is a good sign :)

One side (I think the o/s) at the front has a slightly bent lip if im honest, but nothing bad thank goodness, and will be sorted in a few weeks when I start tidying up the underside :)

53 Clio's & counting
No mate, with the bald ditchfinders duf has, combined with me cracking my hand on a ramp at work Friday night left me nearly crying like a girl every time I was changing gear I decided not to risk it lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No idea.

However, that front bumper can be yours from next monday onwards mate. x

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers dude! :) x

Oh, I found £1.28p, a big bolt (worrying) and a receipt for a can of redbull from 2008 under the rear seat lol

53 Clio's & counting
Youknowzit x

I'v driven it to work today, fecking exhaust has sropped off one of the hangers = normal Duf lol

53 Clio's & counting
A few pictures of Duf with the new rear ride height.

Although it might not look like it's come up much, the sill heights now give a slight rake (Just as Clio's like) and to me looks much better:

2012-04-30174638.jpg

2012-04-30174646.jpg

2012-04-30174657.jpg

2012-04-30174703.jpg

2012-04-30174711.jpg

And one with a friends car:

2012-04-30180831.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So much better!!! It looked flat before, like there were 4 boom boom boxes in there.

(Is that 200 Mercury? looks good!)

53 Clio's & counting
Think the height is spot on now Dan, or shall it come up a little more? I can't quite make my mind up

(Oh, no idea on the colour, it's my dads mates lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think that looks perfect!

HAve you done the cambelt etc? Who's doing your work?

53 Clio's & counting
Brilliant, puts my mind at ease as I was unsure!

Yup, cambelt done (Was a good job as idler pulley was about to s**t itself - when I span it it sounded like a skateboard lol) and found that the manifolds cracked which is where the blowing is coming from, but thats being sorted before Llandow :)

(Iv not even washed it since I picked it up from you :eek: )

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Needs the wheels refurb'd with correct colour gold and polished rim

53 Clio's & counting
New oil pressure gauge sender ordered, as oil pressure gauge doesn't work from cold, then springs into life after about 5 mintues lol, and enquring on a new carpet - mine has a few large stains Im unsure il be able to get out, and it's worn down a patch in the rear for some reason, so just doing a deal on a good used one that will be wet vacced and cleaned before putting it in.

And it's off next week for the manifold to be welded and a few more little bits - should have it back the week before Wales :D

Evo 5 RS
New oil pressure gauge sender ordered, as oil pressure gauge doesn't work from cold, then springs into life after about 5 mintues lol, and enquring on a new carpet - mine has a few large stains Im unsure il be able to get out, and it's worn down a patch in the rear for some reason, so just doing a deal on a good used one that will be wet vacced and cleaned before putting it in.

And it's off next week for the manifold to be welded and a few more little bits - should have it back the week before Wales :D

my detective skills would tell me that's dogging from previous owner(s)

53 Clio's & counting
It's quite random, on the floor on the passnger side right near under the passnger seat - im guessing anyone whoever travelled in the back of Duf was always on that side lol

53 Clio's & counting
Well as some of you know, I recently purchased another Williams 2, which I bought for a good price - I did this as it had a few bits and pieces that I wanted for Duf, and it made more sense to purchase this one, swap some bits over and sell it, and today a fellow CS member came along and agreed to buy it, so the Willy currently known as 'Midget' (Check the reg plate) will be off to it's new owner on Wednesday :)

So now Duf has a new set of boots, a good parcel shelf with suit holder, plus a few more nice bits and pieces :)

A few pictures of both together:

2012-05-06192833.jpg

2012-05-11174549.jpg

2012-05-11174640.jpg

2012-05-11174538.jpg

And a bad picture of Duf with new wheels on

2012-05-12160950.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Flol, Neil I wish I could keep both, but I have not got the time for one at the mo, let alone two lol

A bit of a better picture:

2012-05-13193604.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Duf's next update :)

So, Duf has been under the knife again, and in the past two weeks has had:

Exhaust manifold off and welded

The prowler manifold is rare nowadays, so I wanted to keep hold of it, so off it came and went to my mates for welding - it had cracked on the collector join, and sounded terrible. Once off though, the manifold had been fitted with two gaskets - weird we thought, until the manifold came back from the welders, and was bolted back on the car - it was blowing around the head - we think the face of the manifold has slightly disformed (I have no idea how old the manifold is, but id guess about 10-12 years old) and at some point I will get it back off and look at getting the face cleaned up, but for now with 2 new gaskets on it has sealed fine. It now sounds a lot better.

New front bumper

Well when I say new, what I really mean is a second hand one thats not snapped, cracked in 2 places, missing the bumper grille and held on by bonnet pins lol. I managed to get one from a chap off WilliamsClio who was breaking his Willy 2, and although it's not anywhere near mint, it matches the rest of the car and looks sooooo much better.

The Bumper grille had to be modified slightly as the oil cooler is mounted on the front panel and hangs directly where the grille is - my chap also had a pair of nearly new front fogs and the wiring loom spare, so those were fitted and look much better than 2 gaping holes.

Door pins.

The drivers door pins have been fooked on Duf for a few years now, and I asked my mate to do them as I really didn't fancy messing about with them - thank god I did as well, as they took him hours! The old pins were bent, and one was snapped, and the collets in the hinges were stuck, but after a few hours of work, the door now shuts like a Merc :cool:

Brake line

The o/s/r brake pipe had seen better days, so this was replaced - luckely it came off without any resistance (Which was a relief, as I was imagining it not coming off from the hose) plus the bleed nipple on the caliper is in full working order (have had far to many snap!)

Stereo

Nothing interesting here, an old Sony head unit has been chucked in, as any music is better than no music!

I think the new bumper, ride height and wheels have made Duf look 100% better, and with all the little bits and pieces done it has improved it alot.

So we have gone from:

2012-03-31135802.jpg

2012-03-31135919.jpg

To: (apologies for the poor pictures, I will update with better ones)

2012-05-29195326.jpg

2012-05-31183553.jpg

There are a few more bits that is frustrating me, but im trying not to blow too much money on it in one go.

One thing (I think) is the cam timing, it is set quite aggressive, to what AWT suggested, and although once flat out it does pull very well, but at low revs it's a right pig - it likes to kangaroo, under 1500 rpm it tugs and pulls, and it makes it a bit of a nightmare in traffic.

Im thinking with it dialed back a bit, it should loose a bit of top end, but should hopefully behave itself a lot better at lower revs - though I am COMPLETELY childish, and on idel is sounds f**king awesome! Proper old school cammy idle lol.

The next thing is it sounds a bit tappety - I read years ago when Tucks fitted them he said it was tappier than on standard cams, so im guessing there is a tiny bit of follwer wear - though to be honest, the injectors are bloody loud so half the time it's hard to here! The cam timing doesn't help it either, as it generally sounds rough on idle, but a lot of it is me being picky!

The next thing I need to sort is the bodywork - I was hoping to find time to try my hand a detailing it before Llandow, but im away in Devon this weekend and iv just ran out of time, so we shall see if I can sort a day off soon to do it properly, as im sure once done it should bring the colour right back out.

225 Cup & Williams
Coming along nicely Russ. I just got my one back from the garage today after a 3 week vacation there. Can't wait to get it on the road.