ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DUF.

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks mate, hows yours coming along?

Im going to have to face facts and put it into the bodyshope soon, get all the little bits sorted, lucky I have a great bodyshop guy

225 Cup & Williams
Thanks mate, hows yours coming along?

Im going to have to face facts and put it into the bodyshope soon, get all the little bits sorted, lucky I have a great bodyshop guy

Doesn't look that bad from the pics tbh. Yeah coming along great just had all the belts waterpump and a few other bits and pieces replaced so its mechanically good now it's just the bodywork that's horrendous but it's going in for a respray on a month or 2.

53 Clio's & counting
Weve got all the bits, be done the weekend

il hold you to that ;) x

Doesn't look that bad from the pics tbh. Yeah coming along great just had all the belts waterpump and a few other bits and pieces replaced so its mechanically good now it's just the bodywork that's horrendous but it's going in for a respray on a month or 2.

It's not that bad really mate, more lots of little bits that need doing rather than huge bits - It has some surface rust on Iv found on the sills where they meet the rear arch, and although not bad yet, I will look at getting it cut out and sorted before it gets worse.

The rest is there are a few age related marks/scratches to sort - il see what it looks like once it's had a decent clean up me thinks

53 Clio's & counting
Ah bollox, missed your post above, thought you were on about the detailing lol.

Are you putting yours back together on the morning then? Or just finishing it off?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Once was quite enough! Nearly ran the river avon dry I had to change the bucket so often!

53 Clio's & counting
Once was quite enough! Nearly ran the river avon dry I had to change the bucket so often!

It was in quite a state when you picked it up! In fact, the paint has become very dull, will be trying to get it back shiney.

Whole lump is out, engine and box. Built it to be easy-ish to do

Ah right, do you pull it out, or lift up the body mate?

Good stuff Russ, Dave and me were discussing buying a willy or a valver this morning, gonna keep an eye out, despite our better judgement!

You do know I have another Willy 2 that im selling mate? Great engine, body is solid, just a few dings and scratches - perfect for a track car or project ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Ah cool, I keep thinking about finding a cheap 172, sticking it in my barn and play with it - the idea of designing an engine bay such as yours that means ease of maintinance sounds very appealing.

(especially compared to Duf's engine, god knows how Renault managed to squeeze it all in)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol! £700 and I'll throw in a twix ;) If I hadnt bought that other flamer back I'd be more tempted but need to get that cash back before any other stupid purchases!

53 Clio's & counting
Problem :(

fitted a new oil pressure sender as the pressure gauge didnt work properly, and although it holds ok pressure, at full throttle over 4500rpm it looses pressure - as soon as I back off throttle it shoots back up.

Im hoping it's a faulty gauge but I have a spare set so I tried them and it was the same, though both could be faupty I guess.

Bottom line is though, if it's not the gauge then I would say it's oil pump :( and there is no chance I can get a new pump in before llandow :(

Fingers crossed our pressure tester fits, then il test it with our mechanical tester when im back in work on Wednesday, im 200 miles away from Duf until then, then il know more

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You can lift the engine up enough and drop the subframe enough to squeeze the sump out with the engine still in the car and without taking the subframe right off, so its possible to change the oil pump in situ.

Bit of a ballache though.

When you say its losing pressure, what are the figures at different RPM points?
The fact its losing it as soon as 4500rpm sounds more like a wiring fault TBH as even if the pump is faulty it wouldnt make it cavitate as soon (the usual reason for a drop off at high rpm) as that, and if it was just the usual wear and tear it would be more likely to have low pressure at low rpm.

Get a mechanical gauge on it mate, rather than relying on the renault one.

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah i am mate, its always showed not great oil pressure, normally 0.5 ish at idle when hot, and 2.5-2.7ish when warm at 3k.

From cold it shows 3 bar ish on idle, and 4 bar at 3k

It raises a little at WOT, but as soon as the revs get higher it starts to drop off, which iv not seen a mk1 gauge do before, and iv now had 2 pressure sensors and 2 gauges, but as said il be checking it with a mech gauge.

As said im keeping my fingers crossed it's a gauge fault as I know they are not reliable, but as it looks to be dropping pressure I can't ignore it.

Might explain why iv always thought the top end sounds a little noisey mind

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah if there are other symptoms too like noisey lifters that sounds like they arent getting enough oil then it rings more alarm bells than if its just the gauge playing up.

53 Clio's & counting
Its hard to tell as it does sound half injector noise, though im speculating really until iv checked it properly mate, always the bloody way! Lol

53 Clio's & counting
Will have pictures up from Llandow soon, Duf did well..........

For a whole 15 minutes :(

Downpipe split in half, which left me stuck as I didn't want to risk breaking the exhaust off - it was a loud enough drive home as it was lol.

As luck would have it a very kind SharkeyUK leant me his itb'd Trophy to play with, which was fantastic, what a well set up car :)

Got me thinking though, I think I may go back to Williams front track setup, and get rid of the 172 setup - the grip is great, and is fine on a mk2, but on Duf it has lost some feel, and I think I might have more fun on the standard setup.

Thinking required

53 Clio's & counting
:D

DSC7993.jpg

DSC8084.jpg

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Rare to see a sunroof on a Williams 2 russ! How is yours holding out???

The downpipe is a common fault. Remember 2live doing his in 1/4 miling years ago!!!!

53 Clio's & counting
It's 'ok' thanks matey - got a small leak but I haven't checked if thats the sunroof or aerial base yet lol.

Id rather cut the roof off and put a non-sunroof roof on mind, it is an aftermarket one as far as I can tell and I just don't like them

Downpipe just had to go 15 mins into my day lol, always the way!

Oh and that doesn't suprise me about Jon, not the most gentle of drivers ;)

(Will update on WC in due course :) )

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah dude it was a shame, definately next time (by then il have to come out in your yellow one too)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Blimey, Dan's photos really do flatter Duf, don't they? :rasp:

You know I'm only kidding mate. I reckon Duf could be in a LOT worse shape given it's interesting history. It's a shame that the downpipe cut the day short at Llandow but I hope I get the chance to see it in action again soon. Look forward to catching up with you again soon, too.