ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dusted off my 205 GTI 1.9

Golf GT TDI
Well after a long sleep over winter in a warm garage my 205 gti 1.9 finaly came out for a good dusting off and wash.

Iam going to get her taxed at the end of may ready for the hot summer months and lovely cornish roads:)

shes only covered 1,500 miles since the MOT last june.
roll on summer.

I will hopefully get round to giving the clio a good valet/clay/polish on the weekend if the weather stays nice.

anyway here are some pics:cool:

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

Golf GT TDI
yeh got to have one made up identical to this one as its the original dealer one from 1988 (pre 2001 have thicker letters)

thanks for the comments

Astra VXR & Smart CDi
looks lovely, proper drivers car! you got a Focus RS hiding in the garage there too??

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
nice car, had one last year as a bit of fun in the winter when the bike goes into hibernation. Bought some leather seats, sprayed all the trim black as it'd gone grey and resprayed the front spoiler and then some stupid c**t in a 4x4 wrote it off by crashing into the back of me in the snow :mad:

Golf GT TDI
very nice mate, whats the mileage? have you owned it long? more pics!!

thanks the mileage is 110k not to bad for a 21 year old car.

it was first owned by a doctor for its first 2 years then the guy i got it off had it since 1990 so he had it 18 years. he was in the RAF an older guy about 50ish i have had it for just over a year now.

i will do a proper photo shoot on the weekend along with the clio and focus:cool:

*groan* at my reading fail:eek:. what do you think of the differences between the two? miss my 205 sometimes, although the Clio has its compensations

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
I loved my 1.9, it was a stonker. The 172 Cup is the closest thing I've driven to it in terms of feel since.

Nice motor you've got there.

53 Clio's & counting
thanks the mileage is 110k not to bad for a 21 year old car.

it was first owned by a doctor for its first 2 years then the guy i got it off had it since 1990 so he had it 18 years. he was in the RAF an older guy about 50ish i have had it for just over a year now.

i will do a proper photo shoot on the weekend along with the clio and focus:cool:

barely run in at that mileage, especially with that history mate :)

Golf GT TDI
thanks for the comments.

still got a few bits to do.
no plates,wheel re-furb,discs and pads all round. but will get there eventually. i bought it as a slow project really hopefully it will be worth something one day. dont think i will ever sell it.

its so nice to jump in the clio though. its just as good as the 205 imo, the 205 feels like it put together with wood and nails compared to the clio lol

i have got all the recipts for servicing etc even one from 1988 for a 6k service :)

tiTTy & SV650
Posted a few before, white phase 1.5 still a work in progress - retoration jobby to be sold this summer.

Fitting new lock set, tailgate, oil cooler and engine mount soon hopefully...

Elise S1 B&C 140
Absolutley love these had 3 a 1.6, a 1,9 and an Mi16 on webbers.

Wish id never sold the 3rd one:dapprove: I miss it so much