ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e46 Number 6. 330i Sport Touring. Auto.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Re: the 197.

Told you so.

(I'm never going to let this drop)

I hate you. But only because you were right. x

Sarah was as well tbh. She said i wouldnt last a month without a BMW.

Is the Trophy staying

Yes. Forever. Its a part of me now
001_wub.gif

Will be undergoing a full suspension refresh over the coming weeks!!

Never above 25mpg
Yeah, but then i spent it on a 197 Cup lol. Which i now need to sell ...

But no, no plans whatsoever, bar maybe some Silvervisions, & copious amounts of fuel ;)

Red saloon interior FTW. If it's an auto that will drink that heavily. :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL I know people who've had half the cars you have who have been declined insurance because of it! (They think they are traders).

Looks lovely, shame about the Auto ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I love E46 estates dave, you must be getting bored of changing cars all the time

53 Clio's & counting
Lol, nutter. Looks tidy mind Dave, will await to see pictures of it looking filthy with your plate on.

How come your plate isn't on the T? Would loose the DVLA about 15% of it's total net profit per year mind ;)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks good! Those wheels do make it look a little dated tho, some MV2's would knock years off it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks a very nice example, what made you sell the 197?

Well, its still for sale at the moment lol, need to get rid of it really! Essentially i thought that a newer version of my beloved Trophy would offer me a good combination of fun vs. better comfort on the motorway for my commute. Unfortunately, whilst it covers the fun element well enough, its certainly no 3 series on the motorway ... so it made sense to just keep the T, & buy another cheap 330. Two cars for the price of one essentially.

Lol, nutter. Looks tidy mind Dave, will await to see pictures of it looking filthy with your plate on.

How come your plate isn't on the T? Would loose the DVLA about 15% of it's total net profit per year mind ;)

Ha ha, its filthy already :eek:

Good point re: the Trophy, have thought about putting it on there many a time, although tbh, ive never been that bothered about hiding the age of the clio, more the ancient BMW's that i have a habit of buying lol. Do have my eye on something appropriate for the Trophy though ...

Looks good! Those wheels do make it look a little dated tho, some MV2's would knock years off it.

Im not so sure tbh, i reckon the MV2's suit the coupe/cabrio, but the MV1's look better on the the saloon/touring. Also, thats money that could be better spent on the Trophy ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love how you come on here, giving it all that, justifying your purchase to us.

When you know and we know, that it will be sold within 3 months for either a) a hot hatch or b) a 330 coupe with a clutch pedal.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think it would look better in silver.

It looks a bit mundane as it is.nice bus though.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So 26 days & 1500 miles later, i have a droning drivers front wheel bearing :dapprove:

Other than that, the car is ace, with mpg now hovering at around 29mpg. Whilst this is roughly the same as the M3, i can use pikey unleaded instead of VPower which does save a few pennies here & there. More importantly however, i have considerably more money in my house deposit/Trophy parts fund, which, like the tourings boot, is most useful.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Is that meant to be new car fund ???

So 26 days & 1500 miles later, i have a droning drivers front wheel bearing :dapprove:

Other than that, the car is ace, with mpg now hovering at around 29mpg. Whilst this is roughly the same as the M3, i can use pikey unleaded instead of VPower which does save a few pennies here & there. More importantly however, i have considerably more money in my house deposit/Trophy parts fund, which, like the tourings boot, is most useful.

Never above 25mpg
Is this a tiptronic auto? I drove my mums 325ti last week and even though I was using the tiptronic side of the box it just wasn't the same!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
RE: the wheel bearing, I DIY'd one last week on the rear of the 320d. Oh my word, what a ballache.

Yeah, the front ones are alot easier apparentl ... although tbf, im no mechanical guru, so im sure it'll still take me 8 hours ...

Is this a tiptronic auto? I drove my mums 325ti last week and even though I was using the tiptronic side of the box it just wasn't the same!

Yup, tiptronic with 'manual' change, its still not much fun though tbh, just makes it a little more amusing on country roads - where the box can be in the wrong gear quite a bit i find. Stops it hunting all over the place and trying to get into 5th all the time.

I thought this would have turned into a for sale thread by now.?

Nah, i like it too much. Its only the cr4ppy clio's that get punted on after 3 weeks.