ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e46 Number 6. 330i Sport Touring. Auto.

Never above 25mpg
Dirty MV1s!! I hate when I get mine like that knowing I have to spend a good 30 minutes giving them a clean again.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dirty MV1s!! I hate when I get mine like that knowing I have to spend a good 30 minutes giving them a clean again.

Funny you should say that ...

On Saturday, it was time to swop over the front wheel bearing, so after a quick exchange of £75 (down from £100 via 25% off code) at ECP for my premium quality 'FAG' wheel bearing, i got down to business. Having not done one before, i used the following guide: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=610725 from our American BMW loving chums - they really do know how to give useful information! Unfortunately, our UK sites seem more about fitting dope rimz and ting blud, so i rarely frequent them these days.

Not many pictures of the process, but i thought id take a couple, just to prove that i did it (for service records, etc):
IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

After that was finished and tested, my problem was now solved :D so i moved onto the next issue, dirt, living in a flat, & rather more amusingly, considering our recent weather, the hosepipe ban ... none of which, after my most recent purchase (for a rather piffling £14.99) are no longer an issue.
IMG_1764.jpg

My method, for those that care about such things, was a lambswool wash mit, some halfords car shampoo in a bucket (with grit guard) and a drying towel. This was followed up with some Turtle wax tyre dressing on the tyres and black plastic bits. Loverly :cool:

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

Unfortunately, its safe to say that my wheels are utterly minging, so i'll be getting them refurbed once my wallet recovers a little from the recent Trophy expenditure :clown:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks great when cleaned up but people must think you're much older than you look lol

Where did you get the portable washer from? My car is filthy and my front MV1s have turned amphasite!

I just realised you have a facelift, I was going to steal your xenons :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Great work, looks really nice actually. Why is anyone worried about the hosepipe ban? I've been washing as normal. Had one comment from a neighbour who asked 'what about the hosepipe ban' I just replied with 'I don't see how I'm going to use any more water than the Bosnians at the top of the road' the old codger agreed and fucked off.

How was the wheel bearing to do?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks great when cleaned up but people must think you're much older than you look lol

Where did you get the portable washer from? My car is filthy and my front MV1s have turned amphasite!

I just realised you have a facelift, I was going to steal your xenons :(

Yeah, Sarah hates it, she prefers that i pick her up from places in the Trophy lol. Despite its facelifted, xenon wearing, heated seat clad epicness. She keeps telling me to buy another coupe, or a convertible. FFS. Women.

'Pressure' Washer was from here: http://www.peak-outdoors.co.uk/stre...sure-washer-car-caravan-motor-home-brush.html bear in mind that you can probably pi55 faster than it pushes the water out ...

You need to buy my MV2's!

I would, if they were staggered and made in Germany instead of China :dead:

A place on eBay does an exchange service though - turn up with your knackered wheels, give them £265 & they swop everything over to a refurbed set of genuine staggered MV1's. Win win.

Why is anyone worried about the hosepipe ban?

Im not really, but i did it all at Sarah's parents house, & they dont want the neighbours moaning ... although part of the reason for me buying the 'pressure washer' was though that i can clean the car at the flat as well. One tank of water (two for the BMW) & a bucket and i can do the clio out in the car park - no hosepipe out there you see ...

How was the wheel bearing to do?

With the correct tools, ie 46mm impact socket (for hub thingy) and a bearing puller? Easy peasy :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Yeah, Sarah hates it, she prefers that i pick her up from places in the Trophy lol. Despite its facelifted, xenon wearing, heated seat clad epicness. She keeps telling me to buy another coupe, or a convertible. FFS. Women.

'Pressure' Washer was from here: http://www.peak-outdoors.co.uk/stre...sure-washer-car-caravan-motor-home-brush.html bear in mind that you can probably pi55 faster than it pushes the water out ...

LOL women!

Hmmm.... I may have to see it in action then. We've got a c**t of an old man on our street who would be quick to call up whoever you call about using hosepipes so I'd rather not take the risk.

I would, if they were staggered and made in Germany instead of China :dead:

A place on eBay does an exchange service though - turn up with your knackered wheels, give them £265 & they swop everything over to a refurbed set of genuine staggered MV1's. Win win.

Why have you not told me about this sooner! They look perfect, only an hour away from me too.

Good to see you've bought a proper grown ups car Dave! Automatic BMW tourings are definitely the way to go for stress free daily driving! Wish mine was an e46 330 rather than an e36 323 though. Still, your Clio looks a bit sensible for my tastes now. A roof, doors and windows are just unnecessary! :D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Good to see you've bought a proper grown ups car Dave! Automatic BMW tourings are definitely the way to go for stress free daily driving! Wish mine was an e46 330 rather than an e36 323 though. Still, your Clio looks a bit sensible for my tastes now. A roof, doors and windows are just unnecessary! :D

Ha ha, ive had more than enough e36's now i think!! Although ive had 6 x e46's as well now lol. Didnt realise you still had an e36 though, makes me feel a little less sad about you breaking the silver shed i suppose ;) I assume you're talking about an Ariel Atom btw, not some two wheeled lunatic mobile ...

LED rears were only coupe and cab iirc. My saloon doesn't have them either.

Yeah, as Jon says, LED's were on the coupe/cabrio only. Saloon/Touring got the facelift front end in 2001, the other two followed in 2003. Obviously, the M3 didnt get the facelift front end, but did get revised climate panels, LED rears, revised boot handle and a few other minor bits & bobs.

Car update - Touring needs an Inspection 2 now as its just clocked over to 110k miles. Getting it done at BMW to keep up the full history, & it enables me to keep the BMW warranty going. £369 for the Insp2, £70 for the brake fluid & £160 for the coolant change, so £599 all in. Not cheap, but not horrific either considering all it'll then need for 40k miles (at the dealers anyway) is an oil service ... hopefully lol!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sadly not rich enough for an Atom so I bought a Westfield. Too young to die on a motorbike just yet!

Awesome!!!! You need to put some pictures up :star:

Wheres the house thread...?

If you leave it too long you will end up in another M3

Well, funny you should ask ... house purchase has been delayed as one of us (not me) might be looking to move jobs/area for start of Sept. 2013 term - so no point buying anywhere for 18 months until we know where she's relocating too. As such, the house deposit is currently burning a hole in my pocket, & im not sure how long i can resist not spanking it on something :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Noticed that the other day actually!! It is was blue id be soorly tempted ...

Deleted your pm by mistake btw, send over what your looking for & ill have a browse when im free next. Busy with month end at the mo though mind you, so might be a few days lol. Still havent done the Le Mans writeup :eek:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Looks lush... just a bit figity about a car with more than 100k on it, especially when the badge is BMW as i just think if it goes wrong its going to be £££££

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks lush... just a bit figity about a car with more than 100k on it, especially when the badge is BMW as i just think if it goes wrong its going to be £££££

Dont be daft, they're not fine up to 99.9k miles, then fall apart on 100k miles lol.

My old 330 (Vish's) is now on about 170k i think, still smooth as silk.

IMO around 80k is the first expensive zone for a car having done average mileage. My 323 e36 is going strong at 140k including the autobox! I'd buy another 100k miler no worries.

Dave - pic for you below
a590fc01.jpg

It's only a 1.8 Zetec on Weber 40DCOE's (c.130bhp) but it's great! Shame the weather has been so s**t. No roof and A048's/A032R's make it a bit of a dry weather only affair!

Leon Cupra 300
I'd ask them to at least justify the £160 for coolant? It won't cost them £20.. Will do it in 10 minutes too.

But, good on you for keeping the servicing going it'll be nice when i buy it off you ;)

Have you changed your gearbox oil, or planning to?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It's only a 1.8 Zetec on Weber 40DCOE's (c.130bhp) but it's great! Shame the weather has been so s**t. No roof and A048's/A032R's make it a bit of a dry weather only affair!

That looks ace Matt!!

Re: the gearbox oil, it was all done at an Indy at 95k, then again at just under 100k by BMW when they replaced some gearbox temperature sensor thingy under warranty. But yeah, think im going to have a chat with another BMW dealer about the coolant, was quoted about £65 by an Indy for the M3, so dont think they've got the pricing correct tbh ...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dave you're nuts mate, whenever I tot up what money I've spent I always end up selling them or pulling them apart again. Its an addiction that I havent managed to get over yet

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was offered £3500 cash for mine the other day. If i didnt need the car on Friday to drive to Gatwick mine would be sold. Heart breaking to say the least. I'm not going to have a easy cash sale like that offered again..:(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
What kind of Gaylf?

Auto one. 4wd though which is a bonus.

Dave you're nuts mate, whenever I tot up what money I've spent I always end up selling them or pulling them apart again. Its an addiction that I havent managed to get over yet

Tell me about it. I've been buying, tinkering with, & tracking cars for over 12 years now, the money ive spent is quite disgusting lol.

I've got to cut it back, other 'more important' things to pay for!!