ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e46 possible project thread. lets have some ideas!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
right, IF i decide to keep it for a while which i am swaying towards as it is perfect bar being abit on the slow side.

i am thinking of either leaving it completely standard or a few subtle mods like black kidney grills, lowering it and i would love a csl bootlid and csl reps but dont like the idea of it being a wannabe csl.

anyway pics as it is know (completely standard)

884427c8.jpg

8fa6fa3b.jpg

8f10eb53.jpg

6121c06d.jpg

6f72bc36.jpg

0c2d0cdf.jpg

rocking a cassette player. :cool:
e52a17f6.jpg

6afd1920.jpg

cant wait to drive to bournemouth in it tonight.

sir dave - you can consider this the advert for when you buy it in 3 months ;)

cue all the intimidating jokes etc///

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Black Kidney Grills are a bit gangster IMO.

CSL intake if you can afford one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
More than you can afford Pal.... Sorry couldn't resist :eek:

TBH I have no idea I just know they are very very expensive... Hopefully Dave or Rob Fen can help??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Better off replacing stuff for OE items, new badges freshen things up. A really good detail and deep leather clean. OE+ ftw!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
What's the retail of one of those?

In around £2k plus mapping etc

If you want more performance its pretty hard to get more with simple bolt ons. However you can get 100 cell cats and a better flowing exhaust which should release some HP.

Personally i'd save the money for tightening up all the bushings and getting some better brakes.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
sir dave - you can consider this the advert for when you buy it in 3 months ;)

Dont want SMG :dapprove:

Might be looking at one tomorrow anyway ...

For me, i'd invest in some Gliptone cleaner & conditioner for the leather (to get it back to mint), then just get it up to fresh OE standard. Maybe some Eibach springs if you want lows, & definitely a CD changer if you dont have one lol. Tape FTL.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Yeh, got to get an inspection II soon and a few buys and bobs. Swaying toward keeping it standard to avoid unwanted attention. Lol there I go again! ;)

Mini Cooper S
Learn to take pictures first.

Then purchase some indicators to match the headlight colour.

Then just keep it mint. Replace suspension parts? No real need to modify it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Learn to take pictures first.

Then purchase some indicators to match the headlight colour.

Then just keep it mint. Replace suspension parts? No real need to modify it.

What, you mean I don't just point and shoot??
It's on a phone ffs

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
It was just on my drive, I had my van on there and didn't really want it in the photos lol
I just gave it a quick was before I head off and thought it looked nice and shiny bar the n/s/r quarter that's not been polished up properly after paint! (bodyshop) (gally)

Mini Cooper S
Fair enough. Get some decent pics of it once you've worked your magic on the bodywork!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Scuff master on the leather.

Depo front indicators

Then leave it alone.

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Looks very nice, the E46 is ageing very well isn't it? I'd leave well alone, if you absolutely have to make it go a bit quicker don't mess around, just put a supercharger on it.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Looks very nice, the E46 is ageing very well isn't it? I'd leave well alone, if you absolutely have to make it go a bit quicker don't mess around, just put a supercharger on it.

not really interested in upping the performance as i cant see the point. i bought it for the whole package instead but its nippy enough.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Definatly a lovely car. If I really had to play with it. . . . . Coilovers, nice set of OEM/motorsport looking wheels (I'm just not a fan of the polished M3 wheels), Rear rollcage and a nice set of buckets. Would make it a pure drivers car. . . . . . If I had the cash a HPF conversion would be epic!

e91 330d/type r mini
very nice, not a fan of the red leather but thats my own personal taste.i removed eibachs off of mine and never noticed any real difference so i would keep your money in your wallet. by the time you have bought the springs paid someone to fit them and then had it 4 wheel aligned you will be looking at near on £300 for very little difference.csl wheels look good but every man and his dog has them(myself included) i only have them as they came with the car and kept them as they are genuine and not fakes or i would of gone back to oem polished rims as a tidy set of them look lovely!!

dont waste your money on a exhaust and sports cat , make a few bhp difference and seeing as they are over 2k new for one they are a waste of money !! get it remapped , my smg was remapped and it went very well , gained 13bhp over standard from it which i thought was good from just a map , i used to love my old m3 and regretted selling it as it was so much fun to drive , just so expensive when tyres wear out and bits go wrong with them !! great cars though would have another one tommorow

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
these hold there value really well, wouldnt go modding it, just spend money keeping it looking mint! It will always be a great looking car...hopefully!

dont waste your money on a exhaust and sports cat , make a few bhp difference and seeing as they are over 2k new for one they are a waste of money !! get it remapped , my smg was remapped and it went very well , gained 13bhp over standard from it which i thought was good from just a map , i used to love my old m3 and regretted selling it as it was so much fun to drive , just so expensive when tyres wear out and bits go wrong with them !! great cars though would have another one tommorow

I had a gruppe M titanium backbox on the CSL, the noise was immense