ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

easy 16v/williams oil change done!

i dont know if anyone remebers but i said it could be possible to change the oil by taking the grill out and sliding your hand through the gap between bumper and bonnet, well after 6k since the last service it worked a treat, full oil change took me 20 mins (like it should do!)

and i have got gigantic hands so if i can do it anyone can

lofty

Williams 2, STi N12

Well you are not going to use it again so jam a screwdriver through it to give you more leverage, just be careful of the inner shaft!!

Frickin French!! Find the tightest most inaccessible place and put the oil filter there.

clio williams, Ph1 172

I got a metal bar and pushed it down there, then knocked the filter round with that. It wasnt that easy though. Know what you mean mate, Is anything easy todo on the 16V?

BMW 320d Sport

Errr yeah the HT leads are pretty easy. Thats about it. They couldnt even make the plugs easy to get at without a deep socket and a steady hand.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

I have a claw type oil filter remover which comes in very handy for removing the filter from an in situ F7P/R engine on the clios/19s....

Paul

big hands combined with loud grunting and swearing and i came off OK, remeber to smear oil round the rubber of the new filter

big hands combined with loud grunting and swearing and it came off OK, remeber to smear oil round the rubber of the new filter