ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Top-rated-seller

Had a nice little surprise in our email today.

I see all the extras in the list but what benefits are we getting as our discount on FVF hasn't moved.
our listing fee is 0.20p per listing but i think it's always been the same.
Obviously now noticed as a top rated seller so that will help sales.
Does it make our listings in the search more visible ?

This post is just a needy plug of our achievement really :p
This picture can go onto the office wall ;)
toprated.jpg

Last edited:
  clio 197
y are you paying 20p a listing still i pay 5p and im not a top seller on that account?

top seller gives you more sales you come higher up in searches and your one of ebays top customers so they treat you royal! you also get a special help line/use to... dunno if they still do that, my *salesdepot* account was one of the uks first top seller accounts and my sales trippled

so hopefully you will see the same effect!

We are only getting 5% discount as well. we are a power selling gold.

I believe its because we have only just became TRS so we will get a new discount

"Next invoice: 30 Nov, 2010
Your discount level is determined monthly between the 23rd and 27t"

I think I have already seen a small increase in sales as now I'm stuck on the computer all day printing labels.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Your discount on FVF will be increased but its not evaluated until your invoice day.

Improved search rankings and promotion on ebay is the main benefit to be honest.

Listing fee is controlled by the level of shop you pay for. Basic shop is 20p, Featured shop 5p, anchored shop 1p

Your discount on FVF will be increased but its not evaluated until your invoice day.

Improved search rankings and promotion on ebay is the main benefit to be honest.

Listing fee is controlled by the level of shop you pay for. Basic shop is 20p, Featured shop 5p, anchored shop 1p

Maybe its worth us upgrading to a Featured shop listing we list around 300 - 400 items that re-list every month.

So about £80 + shop charge pounds in listing fees a month how much is Featured shop?

Just upgraded to featured as I'm not sure why we was not featured as its a much better deal for the amount of items told / listed.

Last edited:
  clio 197
do you use turbo lister? just looked at your shop defo upgrade to featured shop once your listing over 7000 items a month then upgrade to anchored.

i would also look into buying terapeak as it will give you an indication of your best time to sell so best time to discount goods whats your best days, it will give your compatitions figures best sellers etc.

you can even type an item you could sell into a search engine on terapeak and see how much of that item has been sold in the past 90 days and at what price, this will help you see that that item is worth spending the 20p a month on...

nice work though, i so badly want all my shops to be top rated sellers! it makes a huge difference, you get spent a picture in the post lol...

clio 197
feature shop is £45 a month so you will be spending the same really, but if you are carrying on adding goods then its worth it

do you use turbo lister? just looked at your shop defo upgrade to featured shop once your listing over 7000 items a month then upgrade to anchored.

i would also look into buying terapeak as it will give you an indication of your best time to sell so best time to discount goods whats your best days, it will give your compatitions figures best sellers etc.

you can even type an item you could sell into a search engine on terapeak and see how much of that item has been sold in the past 90 days and at what price, this will help you see that that item is worth spending the 20p a month on...

nice work though, i so badly want all my shops to be top rated sellers! it makes a huge difference, you get spent a picture in the post lol...

I'm really enjoying reading your advise wise words.

I've been bending over back words for the last 12 months to keep our customers happy, Some times even meaning we are out of pocket because of it, But looking at it in the long run the amount we our out of pocket for stuff like return postage on the rare times we are wrong will come back in discount for good feed back ect

clio 197
yer its worth doing, just looked at your figures aswell. now if you wanted to what i can do, is if you have any products that you dont think you can be assed to put on ebay i can search them on terapeak and see sales of that item and let you know if its worth doing. just PM me with the products etc.

we are uk distributors of a product called slime. which is a puncture repair thing, i thought it wouldnt sell on the net looked at it on terapeak and have listed slime products for makes and manufactures and the sales in return is around £10,000 extra a month!

if your really getting seriouse with ebay terapeak is a must have, and you can survay your competitors. Not alot of people think its worth $300 a year but in reality iv had it a month and its given me an extra £20,000+ turn over leting me know what products i should look into and get hold of. im fortunate enogh to have the dad i do as hes very high up in the aftermarket car parts industy so he can get me accounts with alot of people at there best prices so i can instantly undercut of match prices on pretty much anything car accessories/part related.

the biggest seller iv got if your intrested suprisingly is ctek battery chargers, between my amazon eu and uk and ebay world sites i get alot alot alot of turn over and am makeing a stupid margin of around 150%

if you need any help just PM im pretty filled up with info and help on amazon ebay etc

i was looking on ebay this morning an noticed most if not all sellers are Ebay Top-rated-seller it just seems worthless to a buyer

Last edited:
  clio 197
they are giving them away to easy now, when i first got my top rated seller account i was one of the first, and my sales shot through the roof! and there still growing.

by being one of the first means you will always sit at the top of the search regardless as long as i dont loose it, so its still working well for me, but i see what you mean, i was thinking this the other day, next thing thye will do is different levals of top seller i would guess

I still remember around a year or so ago we were deciding if its worth it to open a Ebay basic shop at £14.55 a month

Seems so long ago now :)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
The reason your seeing all top rated sellers is that they get better placement in search thus their products are nearer the top.

TRS is worth about a 200-300% increase in sales on ebay for us.

Now just been put on a 25% discount when is this apply ?? is it monthly per invoice ? or is it discounted before invoices

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Now just been put on a 25% discount when is this apply ?? is it monthly per invoice ? or is it discounted before invoices

Discounted at end of month. You will see a section on the invoice showing the FVF discount amount.