ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecotec may waste fuel

Skoda Fabia vRS

i had mine turned off at the RR Day Joe, and im gonna send it back

BUT, only cos on my RT it isnt going to feed all cylinders

Clio 197

Reminds me of the old baby grand cars in the IMSA circuit back in the early 70s. The Amercian Motors Gremlins or whatever it was they were running were restricted to the stock one or two barrel carburettor. What did they do?

They did an Ecotek. Drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the intake manifold for the straight 6 and ran the carb really rich.

High technology folks. Just like the Flintstones.

what happens at high vacuum and low throttle position!!!

or even better, snap on throttle, will the accel pump just squirt it into the manifold floor?

hmmmmm...seems odd.....

i guess you would have to run @ WOT all the time........and turn teh ignition on and off!!! LOL

Clio 197

In those cars it was WOT all the time unless you were on the brakes.

But that was the cheat at the time and it was virtually identical to the Ecoteck. And a whole lot cheaper!

The engines were horrible OHV pushros non-crossflow straight sixes with a carb that would look right at home on a lawnmower.

Neanderthal racing at its best.

Clio 197

Yeah most of the old sixes were. Im pretty sure the chamber was in the head though. Never saw one in bits.

I avoided them like the plague, although I had a 64 Chevrolet with the old six and "three in the tree" as we called the column mounted gearshift, shich was cooler than an automatic but nowhere near as cool as "four on the floor".

Ed

I am glad to have read these posts before I abused my clio cup, i have an ecotek device "sans" clio, and I have been waiting till delivery before fitting. Now I am sooo glad I havent done. I am going to send the f*cker back and hope they honor their 30-day no-quibble guarantee. Feeling about 2" high and somewhat embarrassed to have been duped!

:oops:

Ben, you should have told me earlier that the ecotek is gash!

;)

Clio 197

Yeah you are much better off drilling a hole in the intake manifold. That way you can position it perfectly for even distrbution of the extra turbulant air and therefor maximum efficiency.

Im sure the Captain can help you with the positioning of the hole or holes.

Sometimes I wish that 1 April came more often...

Ed

well.....on old economy runs...people used to put a similar device that worked as a one way valve but with an opening ......well i guess vacuum strength.....than that what would occur witht eh throttle partiall or fully opened. basically...whne the manifold vaccum is high enough, then teh valve opens, so stopping air passing through the carb and aking fuel off the idle jet or progression drilling.....WALA! better economy.