ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU SUPERCHARGER HELP

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I think some people are forgetting the fact that EC1 will not run drive by wire set ups and the op would have to change to a cable throttle set up,so not as cheap as some may think.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
No the EC2 will be fine,but more expensive and maybe a bit of overkill.I would have thought the GEN 90 would suit your needs best and you can have it mapped at TDF

Last edited:
  SQ5
Is that ECU, Mapping and fitting? Very good price considering that would only include ECU from ktec!

And it's local and it would be Matt mapping it.

clio
Is that ECU, Mapping and fitting? Very good price considering that would only include ECU from ktec!

And it's local and it would be Matt mapping it.

yes thats all in thats why i thought it was a good price .. makes ktec look terribly expensive

The price comparisons between the Gen90 and EC1 are a bit of a joke. It's like comparing apples and oranges!

Both will control the engine as the OP requires (like the above are both fruits), but beyond that you're not comparing like for like.

The Gen90 will run a standard 172/182 on its own, allowing the owner to retain dash functionality such as fuel consumption, and the ESP light stays off, plus the one touch windows work,etc. The EC1 cannot retain all this functionality on a standard car without the standard ECU remaining in place!

If you're after a direct price comparison for the end result of running a car and retaining all the functionality, then compare the price of a Gen90, with that of a wired in EC1 (let's ignore the cost of mapping either ECU just at the moment) plus the cost of the standard ECU (as without that it cannot achieve the stated functionality). That is a like for like comparison.