ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eds 172 Cup

ph1 track weapon
mork - had a look into it and buying the new unit worked out better than the connects2, plus it doesnt distort at a level i can hear it over the exhaust unlike the standard.

Not got a car
The last stamped service was done at 52k and a light with'serv' is now lit on the dash. Is this to indicate it needs doing?

The other light is what looks to be airbag light to the right of the speedo. Anyone shed any light on this?

Ed

That means theres something wrong not that its time for a service iirc

ph1 track weapon
Right, another update!

Now have the following!:

Koni adjustable shocks (being powdercoated this week)
eibach Sportlines
Braided brake lines

and going into JMS for a remap on saturday! should be a fairly formiddable force come next monday!

ph1 track weapon
Remap in a few hours. Not sure what to expect to be honest, but will report back after a few days with it done!

ph1 track weapon
Remap never got done in the end as Tom was having some trouble with the software!

Car is currently looking a little sorry for itself! My wheels are off being refurbed by Powdertec in Poole. Cant quite believe how cheaply he's doing them, but have seen examples of his work and it looks fantastic! Should be back in a week or so then need to fit new tyres

Whilst the wheels are away I'm rocking Turinis on the back (I have 10 of the bloody things!!!!!) and a set of Dynamique 15s so it looks retarded!

Elsewhere I've got my prolines and new rear shocks on (1 had burst!) and handling seems a lot better. Having working shocks has rid me of the ridiculous twitchiness I was getting from the back end. To be honest though, i'm thinking I may invest in some coilies in the future as i wanna go a bit lower really

Bootnet finally arrived, after the first got lost in the post! have already used it a few times. a simple yet effective addition!

Last but not least, I'm doing the dash flocking GB which I'm pretty excited about. so i have no dash top for the time being!!!!

So, time for the pics. Excuse the fact its an utter state! needs a wash, a trip to a dent repair man, and a machine polish before summer!!!!

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.gif

IMG_6483.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it does look a bit sorry for itself.

I know where you live...lol

I'll keep a eye out for you along springvale road, I'm quite often around that way.

:( looking alittle sorry for itself at the min. i'm sure when youve got the wheels back and the dash top on it will look awesome though. just gone for silver refurb?

ph1 track weapon
:( looking alittle sorry for itself at the min. i'm sure when youve got the wheels back and the dash top on it will look awesome though. just gone for silver refurb?

Nope. The set being 'furbed are going gloss black, then will be doing my 2nd set in Anthracite then most likely will sell or trade for some 15s

wanting a new steering wheel and some decent seats next, as gonna be starting on the old trackdays soon!

Fletcher, saw you in chandlers ford a week or so ago i think. between the two crazy mini roundabouts by one of the estates. group of us meet in staples car park, Southampton on Sundays (all performance cars, no chavvy crap) so if you fancy coming along we go for about 7.30. Always have a bit of a photoshoot going down too!

Anyone got a machine polisher to lend me? will pay in beer tokens :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Nope. The set being 'furbed are going gloss black, then will be doing my 2nd set in Anthracite then most likely will sell or trade for some 15s

wanting a new steering wheel and some decent seats next, as gonna be starting on the old trackdays soon!

Fletcher, saw you in chandlers ford a week or so ago i think. between the two crazy mini roundabouts by one of the estates. group of us meet in staples car park, Southampton on Sundays (all performance cars, no chavvy crap) so if you fancy coming along we go for about 7.30. Always have a bit of a photoshoot going down too!

Anyone got a machine polisher to lend me? will pay in beer tokens :)

Yeah that was probably me.

The Staples meets sound good fella :)

ph1 track weapon
Will most likely drag the clio out, although have been offered a lift in my mates new Ibiza cupra. if you do come down come over and say hi!

ed

ph1 track weapon
Right!

got my new wheels on. nicely refurbed set of turinis in gloss black! came out reealy really well! Done by a local company and very very happy. Sandblasted and powdercoated

a slight hiccup in that my housemate DROPPED ONE carrying it to the car, so it has a few chips, but he's already paid for the cost of a new refurb so no worries there. Tyres are Yokohama S-Drives. A massive improvement over the pZEROS on it before!

Before anyone says anything, yes i know they need a good clean and that a 5 year old could have taken a better photo, but i've been stood outside for most of the morning, and cant really feel my hands anymore! Better pics'll be up soon!

Car has kinda redeemed itself after my breakfast run with Fletch this morning, so its hopefully gonna stay, although on my way home from tyre fittting i came across one of my faaaaaaavourite cars for sale, so we shall have to see

Going in for a dephaser and its 70k service with Rentech next saturday too, so should be back in perfect running order :)

pics:
IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

ph1 track weapon
Not having washing facilities is a bit of a pain at the min. Jet washed it today, but still looks dirty!

Ordered my v6 airbox, and Gray will be sorting me a decat in the near future, then its off to JMS for a remap! after that i'm gonna try and leave the car alone as trying to put a few pennies aside for some potential long-term travelling!

Car is also going to Rentech tomorrow to have loaaaaaads of stuff done so should come back sounding a lot healthier and fresher!

ph1 track weapon
agree with you afam. dont have access to any car cleaning kit at the minute, but when i do i shall post some proper pics!

ph1 track weapon
UPDATE!!!!!

firstly apologies for the lack of pics so far! car had a small misedemenour resulting in it going into the bodyshop this coming wednesday, so i should get it back pretty soon looking a lot better. one of the wheels ended up receiving some kerbing as a result of said misdemeanour

Moving swiftly on.........................I've been looking for some replacements for the standard cup seats, and have actually been through 3 different sets of seats in the space of a week, but am finally sticking with the current ones.

have wanted a set for so so long, and now i finally do! some people may know the certain 'ex' member i got these from, and he's been a great help, driving me around south london to track down a harness so i could get home!!!!!

sadly no pics as of yet as the car is 100 miles away, but a teaser pic nonetheless. Need to get them sitting a little lower and get the JMS boys to sort the airbag resistors for me, but otherwise happy! suprising comfy considering and hold you very well

Otherwise, the car may well be undergoing some very big changes in the near future, but thats being kept under wraps for the time being. Expect a fair bit of weight loss, as i'm picking up a daily hopefully this week

So for now, just a teaser pic:

seat2.JPG

ph1 track weapon
started on some new ideas, involving weight loss and some 'individual' mods, possibly a few CS firsts.

watch this space..............................

ph1 track weapon
So the cars now back to its former glory, so i thought i'd post a few pics. Will take some better ones soon :D

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

IMG_6673.jpg

ph1 track weapon
theyre all secrets for now. We'll have to catch up at Llandow, as i've managed to get myself booked in now

ph1 track weapon
Bimarcos are comfy and then some! possibly the best seats ever. nick YHPM

Fletch, you do indeed need them in your life! you're welcome to a passenger ride once i sort out a passenger seatbelt. Was gonna run standard belts but may be getting a daily at the weekend so gonna hold fire on that for the time being

Lee - yep sure have! so have you though. i remember that crazy 1 litre yaris of yours with the carcept kit!

Plans for the weekend include..........................
- sorting out my carbon canister as it's ticking a lot. either remove or replace
- foglight removal and brake duct creation
- further work on my crazy new idea so i can have it done for Llandow
- If i get the daily, EVERYTHING will be getting stripped out too
- dropping the Bimarcos with JMS so they can machine them to sit lower, as i'm a tall bugger

Updates on Monday hopefully

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Bimarcos are comfy and then some! possibly the best seats ever. nick YHPM

Fletch, you do indeed need them in your life! you're welcome to a passenger ride once i sort out a passenger seatbelt. Was gonna run standard belts but may be getting a daily at the weekend so gonna hold fire on that for the time being

Lee - yep sure have! so have you though. i remember that crazy 1 litre yaris of yours with the carcept kit!

Plans for the weekend include..........................
- sorting out my carbon canister as it's ticking a lot. either remove or replace
- foglight removal and brake duct creation
- further work on my crazy new idea so i can have it done for Llandow
- If i get the daily, EVERYTHING will be getting stripped out too
- dropping the Bimarcos with JMS so they can machine them to sit lower, as i'm a tall bugger

Updates on Monday hopefully

That sounds good mate....Although I've already sat/ driven in these 'actual' seats before :rasp:

ph1 track weapon
ah i see. didn't know if you had or not
I dread to think how many men/women have sat in them tbh!

ph1 track weapon
A Sad day :(

clio went this evening. and i immediately regret it going! but its going to a good home by the sounds of things, up in Oxford.

now time to move on to something bigger with a shedload of rwd power!