ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eikoorb - Cup of Beans

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I'd start myself an ownership thread. I don't think I've done enough, or will be doing enough to call it a 'Project' as such. So the purpose of this is to document my ownership and show the few changes and modifications I do to the car.
I don’t really have any specific aims or direction with the car apart from keeping it as good as I can in terms of condition and maintenance.

I bought the car on 20th November 2009. A 2005 Inferno 182 Cup with 42K on the clock. It was completely standard apart from the black powder coated alloys, which I personally think suit the car great. The Inferno/Black combination works really well, so I left it as it was in the hope to continue the theme in the future.

DSC_0718b.jpg

A lot of people asked ‘Why the Cup?’. In all honesty I wasn’t fussed either way. I would have happily bought a FF or a Cup, but my priorities were more based around the condition/age/mileage and price of the car.

42,150 Miles – 22th November 2009

The first thing I did before anything else was an oil change (with the help of Aluco and topgeartom) ;) I wasn’t sure on how long the previous oil had been in there, so thought it was best to give it a fresh tank.

42,200 Miles – 24th November 2009

With just having bought it I didn’t have a lot of spare cash, but music for me is a big priority. I bought an iPod connector from James (Aluco). This ran down the back of the CD player and came out of the ash tray to keep things tidy. Pretty good way to spend £10 ☺

DSC_0372.jpg

42,300 Miles – 28th November 2009

The car had no renaultsport badge on the rear when I bought it. I personally felt this left the rear looking quite bare. I had seen a few posts on here of people buying the new style badges from the 197. I thought this was a lot nicer looking than the old style badges, and also cheaper to buy new ☺
I bought a set from K-Tec and was more than happy with the result. The badge really finished the rear end off, and brought ‘Up to date’, as I find the older ones look a bit aged.

DSC_0306.jpg

42,600 Miles – 2nd December 2009

I went for some photos with Aluco in an abandoned warehouse in Leeds.

4153103632_66b4b23e1c.png

4153102454_e75f220340.png

4152338795_af7a321bdd.png

4153100786_7e9c89ca37.png

42,900 Miles – 8th December 2009

I had a problem with the exhaust. It was sitting very low, and so I didn’t look into it too much, and read on here the common problem was the exhaust mounts becoming old and tired. I bought a full set of mounts from eBay to set about and fix the problem. When then arrived, I had a further look into it. It seemed that the mounts currently on the car were brand new. I took it over to James’ (Aluco) uncles garage and got it up on the ramp. The standard exhaust was pretty much knackered. It had a crack right next to the cat, quite a big one aswell. It would have probably lasted another few hundred miles before completely snapping off. The cat however was a stainless steel one, and looked new. So I got onto K-Tec and ordered a Janspeed/Ktec Sport Stainless Steel exhaust.
I can honestly say this is the best thing I’ve spent on the car. Such a nice sound when pushing it, but also quite subtle around town.

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

44,500 Miles – 17th January 2010

I went to my first meet since owning the car in Wakefield. Met a few of the guys from here (Jenic, Edd, Ben_Stevo172, liquid_force). Was a good morning, good banter and really nice guys!

DSC_0194-2.jpg

DSC_0196-1.jpg

DSC_0202-1.jpg

DSC_0203-1.jpg

DSC_0204-1.jpg

10-3.jpg

9-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

45,000 Miles - 30th January 2010

I decided to continue the Inferno/Black theme by painting my front diamond. Nothing special, just sanded, primed and painted black (then lacquered obviously. This finished off the front end quite nicely (par a splitter). Then gave the car a well deserved clean ☺

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

45,200 Miles – 4th February 2010

So, long overdue, I finally got round to ordering and fitting a splitter. I toyed long and hard trying to convince myself to get a genuine cup splitter or a K-Tec carbon fibre one, but I just couldn’t bring myself to part with the money for one. Instead I went to Peugeot and ordered a 307 splitter for £40. I am really pleased with how it looks, I think it’s very close to the Cup splitter (despite being £100 cheaper and more durable). Plus as everyone knows they just look naked without one…

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

46,300 Miles – 12th March 2010

After looking around on here, I found some inspiration to brighten up the interior of my car. I didn’t want to mess with loads of stuff as it can end up looking quite tacky, but I feel the painted dash strips really brighten up the inside.

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

Future Plans for the car

I have no real plans as such, apart from purchasing some Eibach Sportlines when i have some free money. Other than that i hope to keep the car in as good physical and mechanical condition a possible. However, there may be things i decide to do along the way :)

Last edited:

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Smart looking car mate.

Plans sound good too, i think i need to worry a little more about the mechanical condition of my car, and less about how it looks!

non sport
some nice photos there mate, not a fan of the black whels personally, but other than that looks lovely

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
some nice photos there mate, not a fan of the black wheels personally, but other than that looks lovely

in most of the photo's the wheels look matte black, but when clean they're gloss and look sweet! like this photo:

11-3.jpg

to be honest I need to get some proper photo's of it now I have my SLR, I've just been a bit lazy recently!

cheers for the comment though :)

Audi TT 3.2
looking good, good progress so far.

the splitter finishes the front of well, have you though about a 3/4 size fromnt plate?

the ipod lead you have were can i get one of these from i miss my music too.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
looking good, good progress so far.

the splitter finishes the front of well, have you though about a 3/4 size fromnt plate?

the ipod lead you have were can i get one of these from i miss my music too.

yeh I've thought about one, but around here I'd be pulled over in minutes. it's pointless. quite gutting really as I'd like one!

oh and Aluco bought the iPod connector from Renault i beleive, however you can now get them from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adapter-for-i...arParts_SM?hash=item35a802895e#ht_1153wt_1167

Audi TT 3.2
thanks for the link, but ive got a tuner list headunit, i take it you have the update list one?

strange if you do as we both have 182 cups?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
thanks for the link, but ive got a tuner list headunit, i take it you have the update list one?

strange if you do as we both have 182 cups?

yeh I have the update list. IIRC it's something to do with the age of the car, not the model. 05> got the update list!

i maybe wrong, as I am in most cases ;)

edit: just seen you're on an 05 plate too, so I'm not sure :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Early 182's had tuner list (like mine), later ones got update list (thats what i got told anyway). I used to have a tunepoint to connect my ipod but prefer an aftermarket HU so sold it, connects2 do a similar thing to what the op has for tunerlist.

We sure do mate!
I'm free anytime :) when are you thinking?
This sunday?

Audi TT 3.2
yeh i dont understand that mine an 05 car was registered on the 23rd of march 2005, i though all cups had the tuner list and FF 182s had the update, but its annoying as to get an ipod adaptor for my car its around £30!:dapprove:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Good progress mate! I really like the black wheels, suits the colour.

Titanium 182
Can I come on Sunday :( ?

Mine's an 05 and has update list. However I've got a renault tunepoint not these pov ipod leads :rasp:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sure, you want me to text you when we arrange something or you sorting it out with brookie. Know any decent locations?

Oh, and I got bored of the tunepoint much too quickly, its too fiddly for my liking :rasp:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice ride dude.

If you are going somewhere fairly local on Sunday drop me a line and I may tag along. Im working at 3pm though.

Titanium 182
Sure, you want me to text you when we arrange something or you sorting it out with brookie. Know any decent locations?

Oh, and I got bored of the tunepoint much too quickly, its too fiddly for my liking :rasp:

Yeah mate drop me a text I'll come out and play :evil:

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
46,700 Miles - 27th March 2010

DSC_0377.jpg

The above fault light appeared on my dash, along with the car going into limp mode.
After putting a thread out on here a number of people suggested a possible problem with my coils. I tested all 4 of the coils and found no issue with them. So i sent the car down to my local (trusted) garage to run some diagnostics.
The test came back showing a fault with my lambda sensors. So to play it safe i had both replaced (also because i get a decent discount with the garage as my family have been there with every car for the past 10 years ;) )

So, the car is back on the road running smooth as ever :D

Audi TT 3.2
lucky it wasnt a big issue, that lights comes on and off on mine as i have a de-cat so im kind of used to it!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
lucky it wasnt a big issue, that lights comes on and off on mine as i have a de-cat so im kind of used to it!

could have been a lot worse mate, i'm so skint at the moment. happy it's all sorted now :)

went for a blast when it was done and within 10 minutes i'd forgotten it ever happened. i just won't check my bank for a few days ;)

Titanium 182
Those really show how vivid the orange can look :) ace.
I've decided we both need coilovers though.

Titanium 182
Don't be gay you can get racelsnd for £100 more than sportlines. You spent £200 on lambda sensors ! :p I'm getting some fk's after Leeds fest I've decided!

I wouldn't have had time mate, you should have seen how rushed I was doing mine & toms! I will do yours, promise
X

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
The ktecs propper over rule the Top spec FKs i had the punto jamies.

Racelands over any spring choice.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Those really show how vivid the orange can look :) ace.
I've decided we both need coilovers though.
That's because the pics have been played with;). Seriously though, inferno does look good on the 3 days of awesome sunshine we have per year.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
47,000 Miles - 19th April 2010

Got some Renaultsport mats from csphilpott on here, cheers mate.

DSC_0057copy.jpg

48,300 Miles - 16th May 2010

I popped along to the Sheffield photo meet. Was a good one!

sheffieldmeet011.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

49,550 Miles - 19th June 2010

Ordered some Eibach Sportlines from Larkspeed a while back, only just got round to fitting them yesterday because of the weather.

A HUGE thanks to Dan (ipodsandguns). I wouldn't have had a clue huh. We had a few struggles but got it done eventually ;)

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg