ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Email from ITG - Maxogen kit

172 Cup

"
Hi James,

Are you still interested in the Maxogen kit Clio 172?

We are almost ready to launch the kit and are looking for a few customers to buy pre-production kits. Basically we have most of the bits and pieces now but just need to check to see how well the kits will fit, and as such we are offering free fitment to the first five customers.

The kit’s will be costing £319.00 + vat (£374.83), however this is with a new updated silicon hose - as you can see, the one in the photos is pretty lame so we have had to swap manufacturers which has put the cost up.

The car you see in the pictures was fitted up 3-4 weeks ago and since then has been rolling road tested an re-mapped. The customer found 6bhp with just the airbox alone (which pretty much confirms the 7bhp we saw in our tests) and then found another 7bhp from the re-map - grand total 13bhp and a huge grin!! The guy reckons the mid range torque is vastly improved and the car is now a whole load quicker."

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081353963__DSCF0015.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081353999__DSCF0023.jpg

Anyone else received this email? Looks a little overpriced for what it actually is.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Tidy. Yeah maybe a little overpriced for what it is. I ordered a BMC CDA Induction kit today which came to £210. Ill be ordering a Hill Power bend for around £50 too. Not too bad considering the Viper is still retailing for £260 + in some places. Was quoted up to 14bhp increase and a nice induction roar. Bit dubious on the 14bhp but the roar will do nicely :)

lol I got that email too!.

Thinking about it, what is the proven bhp increase of other filters such as the viper, BMC etc? Would be nice to know these figures if people have tested just the viper or BMC with no other mods.

That way we could get a good idea of £s per bhp, and work out the best value for money filter on proven results....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Trouble is its actually very good but the cda is half the cost.

what do you do? i paid £80 for a used cda cleaned it up and im happy.

the itg can get massive gains for an airfilter but id rather get an exhaust.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

So this only give 6 or 7 bhp more. 13 if you include the remap. Those who have had this have poo pooed all the others says the ITG is "proven".

Well in my eyes the BMC CDA is "proven" as many on here have it including me on a valver. CDA gives about 6 or 7 bhp increase also I believe. If you search you will find the posts from those who have had it fitted and RRd. And a CDA with remap will of course come close or better the ITG figures.

Just my opinion. Id rather go for the CDA and putthe money you save to the remap.