ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 with 225 engine/box/ecu

This looks awesome, something I will be attempting in mine this year I think but not 100% thats the direction I'm gonna go for yet.

What pedal box are you using?
And is the interior loom completely custom now? so just the Megane ecu running the engine?

As these are the bits I'm unsure of currently

Awesome have you got any pictures of this?

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Cars nearly there ready for Saturday at oulton. We are actually going down on the Friday so will be there for the Renault day with the car but its not booked on track on the Friday. will be using a mates R26R on the day

We have fitted the brembo's we have an R26 in for breaking so used the calipers from that. mr H machined the brackets and a touch off the calipers to fit under my wheels, have had to remove the wheel weights and get them redone next week but they just about clear the 15's fitted some new brembo HC max and DS1.11 whilst I was there gearoge at RTRE spot on as usual!

Rear windows fitted, just needs a final check over suspension raised a touch we can then re corner weight it and set the geo and see how it does

untitled_zpsybrzjwxy.png

IMG_3881_zpss8gxjqw2.jpg

IMG_3880_zpsinw9q3ml.jpg

Test drove it around the yard after bleeding the brakes/clutch so far so good but wont know till ive bedded the brakes in on track at the weekend, some outside pics. it now needs a damn good wash

IMG_3886_zps2sooa7yq.jpg

IMG_3885_zpsdh5v6d75.jpg

IMG_3884_zps2lesdq4u.jpg

IMG_3883_zpspfvlqo0e.jpg

IMG_3882_zpsobhl7few.jpg

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
quite possibly yes! we have had a few problems with handling and braking but hopefully getting there this year now

come and say hello, will be with a mk3 clio turbo and the grey megane r26r

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Still got the box from the r26? I want a diff in my Trophy box!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
we have indeed. its still all in the car at the second as I have no time at the min to break it getting mine ready!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Did the Renault Sport trackday at oulton last month followed by a trackday the day after on the Saturday to give the car a good test.

Sadly had niggles all weekend. on the Renault sport day after just half a lap the megane gear linkage clip failed giving me little to no gears! managed to find first and drive 2/3 lap in first gear to avoid causing a red flag! fixed the clip with some cable ties which worked fine for the rest of the outing. A little water leak causes by a weak spring clip replaced with a jubilee clip again all good. Paul at RS tuning was there on the day and he noticed the alternator bolt had worked loose luckily it had wedged into the bracket that holds the idler pulley and not the actual pulley! again addressed that by now it was raining so put the wets on and had a good couple of successful laps car went well for the rest of the day.

Saturday did the sighting laps ok and just as I was about to go for my first session the electric power steering failed, then became very intermittent so decided to unplug it and risk it with nothing. the car was a handful to say the least but at least I could use it. toward lunch time I started check my wheel bolts for torque when one wouldn't tighten it stripped the thread from the alloy spacer! decided to give it a few laps to see if it would hold. Came back to the pits to check to find that one on the other side had done the same and a 2nd from the same side had striped! game over around lunch time called it a day. not a very successful weekend but it was the first outing since all the winter work.

Luckily a friend had a megane R26r and a clio mk3 turbo and very kindly let me share those for the rest of the day!

have since discovered the clip on the linkage is just dead end of, so I have had a total hew gear leaver and shifter from the R26 we're breaking. The Wheel spacers have gone in the bin and I have ordered 2 new sets of pro race 1.2 and some R888r as all my wheels are buckled and the tyres have gone off! A new power steering motor/ECU was fitted, we discovered the rain from the Friday had got in and dripped on the ECU, down to us fitting the roll cage and drilling lots of holes. This has now been relocated so shouldn't happen again. A lock nut on the bolt for the alternator has been fitted to stop that working loose again.

So that's it a pic below on the new wheels different offset front/rear to avoid any spacers. suspension has been raised a touch but may do it a bit more as the rears are quite close to the rear arches.

IMG_3998_zpsftwtrqos.jpg

We are heading over to SPA a week Saturday with the clio for a two day track day so lets see/hope its more successful!

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Did Spa last week, what can I say but it should be definitely on your bucket list!

8 cars went 2 were trailering all loaded up meeting a the pub Saturday driving to hull

IMG_4050_zpspn5udr14.jpg

Finally got to track on the Monday and conditions were very bad! heater in the clio was struggling all day to demist the windows so had to keep the laps limited in the sessions, but car seemed to be going well. Luckily had took the wets with us so all good

DSC_1963_zpspd8gzxc4.jpg

DSC_1900_zpspqu8q76r.jpg

DSC_1899_zpssrslascp.jpg

DSC_1898_zpsmhgb4rjm.jpg

DSC_1850_zps8zrrfqvi.jpg

DSC_0547_zpst6tunvi8.jpg

DSC_0519_zpswge1iilm.jpg

DSC_9577_zps93s1duyp.jpg

DSC_9535_zpstnmcidh2.jpg

DSC_9492_zps4f6zzb1f.jpg

DSC_9467_zpsgvfduawu.jpg

Clio held its own and passed allot of more expensive cars.

We were booked on the Tuesday also, luckily the day was perfect! but dull, but ultimately it was dry. Got to test the new R888r's out and first impressions are really good!

Did a few dry sessions but not pictures of that day yet car was going really well nice and stable even at speeds so looks like the new wheels/tracking has helped! called it a day in the afternoon when the steering rack started making a clunking noise. was knackered anyway so packed her away. have since found out it was the bolts holding the rack needed a bit more tightening. the knock was in fact the rack slipping under load from the new tyres when stationary. so shes good to go again. Possibly looking at Anglesey in a couple of weeks. have a few vids on the go pro will download them when I get a chance.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Did Anglesey on Friday, love that track! weather held great and perfect organised day again by opentrack. car went very well and no niggles either both the clios were out and passing lots of more expensive things on the day. great day! few vids below and pics to follow.

The tablet is coming out I think too, cant really see it in the sun and don't have time to look. idea was good but its just not doing what I wanted so going to remve and replace with me phone for Harrys lap timer!

https://youtu.be/s9SqTtO1co0

Some videos from Spa day too notice how wet it is on some of them and my poor heaters not clearing the screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowAV3d5Hrg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc2UYWU2WtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ldCjQUjaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD88ufbh9oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPN7InILxxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFwTYVClBFM

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Marks stuff is awesome, he's sorted a few builds out for friends of mine now, looks awesome! (I was the guy commenting about the brake coolers being popular on the byc facebook post).

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
can't fault his work at all! were at Anglesey Wednesday so can see how it is then!

Ph1 172 turbo
Hi just wondering how the BYC mods felt whilst on track ? As it's something I'm keeping an eye out on there website for. With regards to the front splitter do u know if they only supply the mounts as I can't find any splitters on there site. Or is it something you supplied. Also gutted as I want the brake cooling kit but I'm on wilwoods . Think you car looks an animal. Was on track at Anglesey with you a month or so ago.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
Hi mate, mark will be selling the full lot on the website I believe mine was the mock up car so bare with him or drop him a message. We would probably need your car in order to make them for the wilwoods. In terms of handling I definitely pushed more on this day as aliases to a few months ago, the car at the min is set very under steery so not getting the most from the aero. Plan is to go and have it dailied in again at blink Motorsport and try it again. It caused bad torque steer last time but hoping that was down to my bent wheels and old tyres! Think the. Bring the wing into play will make it all work.

Which car was you in on the day?

Ph1 172 turbo
Thanks for the feedback.
Ye I dropped them an email and they now have them advertised on there website. Hopefully mark will look into the wilwoods.

I was in the silver/green ph1 turbo. Was mid June. Only just had the car back from the turbo work at that point so was still being a bit careful with it.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
ah yes I remember, think we pulled behind you on motorway on the way to the track too

had to re learn to drive it with the turbo its not always flat out like when it was NA!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Did BYC supply the splitter too? Can't see them on his site, he just list the splitter mounts separately.

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
BYC supplied everything mate yes, drop mark a line he's a nice fella sure he will point you in the right direction :)

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
ew updates:

Had the car geo looked at @ track torque racing, top bunch and turns out there had been a bit of an underlying issue for a while in that the rear camber was a country mile out instead of the -2.5 we used to run it was pretty much 0! turns out the camber shims had been fitted the last time the wrong way round, can only blame me rushing the last time. but anyway that's now the correct way back to -2.5 front camber was spot on down to -2.49 on both sides, quick tweak on the toe and she was good to go.

20161121_090345411_iOS_zpsdpfgbrsq.jpg

20161121_094916777_iOS_zpst88c1ni7.jpg

Did oulton park a few times once in November (with the wrong rear camber) and once in Feb this year with the correct camber and it made a huge difference. I finally felt I could push the car and it felt planted. only managed 2 sessions without passengers on the day but was lapping 2.01 and I am confident it would have gone under 2 if I had a bit more traffic free laps and no passengers so happy with that.

20161128_092718000_iOS_zpsjen3zwrp.jpg

its the most cars our group has had out on one track day
20161122_154941007_iOS_zpsp202xkro.jpg

Exhaust snapped in November ending the day a little earlier but only a session or too so wasn't too bad. @orry has welded it back up, we re addressed the mount in the middle so hopefully that wont happen again. Whilst at track torque it was apparent my rear beam bushes had lots and lots of play. these have always been stock so bought so black series bushes and a pure motorsport rear beam strengthening kit which mr @orry welded up and we got it all fitted. rear geo has been checked on our gauges and were close enough but next step is shimming the rear to get it straight.

Northloop now has my hubs for the roll correction setup so looking forward to giving that a go.

some vids from both track days

November:

Feb: (excuse the bad wiper position on some vids!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VhY_xicmM (session with mate is his mk3 megane powered clio)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bcmJ_unhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avLKHwjLLBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHlivgRJF4