ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emma's 172 Cup Progress Thread (Pic heavy and essay content)

182 Cup
Cups looking good Em, how would I go about getting mine done by bridgy college? Do they do anyone's car or do you have connections on the inside as it were? As I'm still off work this week I'm going to a progress thres me thinks!

Oh and I think you need to come and detail the inferno for me!!!

Last edited:
Car looks great. How much did B/Water college charge? I want to get my car aligned correctly.

It was £50. I was very impressed with them. I've got the contact details if you want them.

Cups looking good Em, how would I go about getting mine done by bridgy college? Do they do anyone's car or do you have connections on the inside as it were? As I'm still off work this week I'm going to a progress thres me thinks!

Oh and I think you need to come and detail the inferno for me!!!

Im sure we can sort something out to get the inferno detailed :)

I'll pm you my contacts details for the college.

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Looing good em, but whe does the door look to far in at the bottom in this pic?!

7188845534_bb69569f79_b.jpg

DAR

172 Cup toy
It was £50. I was very impressed with them. I've got the contact details if you want them.

Im sure we can sort something out to get the inferno detailed :)

I'll pm you my contacts details for the college.

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

Brilliant, Please do, I am non too far away, and I am slapping on new suspension soon.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good project thread. Cars looking very tidy. Shame about the collision :(

That false floor looks the part.

Evo 8 MR
I thought you'd have it sit a lot lower than that now it's on coilovers.

Bet it's a lot better to drive on them though.

nice clean cup... carnt wait to get mine back on the road as this yr is the yr 2 spend some serious money on it... surprised that my damage has came in lower than your's as mine required more parts but just got 2 sit and wait for liability 2 be sorted now :(

I thought you'd have it sit a lot lower than that now it's on coilovers.

Bet it's a lot better to drive on them though.

The only way I can describe them is awesome.

Im not bothered about lows. If I did I would of bought cheap nasty coilovers. It's more about improving the car. It's sitting slightly lower then my sportlines did. Tbh I think it looks perfect at this height.

Black 200
Just read through the thread. I like what you've done with the car. It looks great! Particularly liking the subtle changes and the wheel colour couldn't match the car any better.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Did this car used to be local to Weston about 4 years ago, do you know? That reg looks familiar from when I had my cup.

Nice one by the way.

Did this car used to be local to Weston about 4 years ago, do you know? That reg looks familiar from when I had my cup.

Nice one by the way.
I've had the car nearly 4 years now. I believe it's always been in the south west. It was first purchased in Taunton. The previous owner to me lived in Bristol and I bought the car from a garage in Clevedon

So it's a sad month.

The Cup is in the garage and sorn. So is now officially off the road for the winter.

My new daily, a Peugeot 208 1.2.

26D989CB-1FD5-4B2D-98D7-42510E795ED1-1798-00000184AAE7ADD5_zpsc4e1ab6b.jpg

I actually really like the car. It's pretty nippy with 82bhp. £20 a year to tax, £200 in insure and averaging 50mpg on the journey to work so I can't complain. Also nice touches like a DAB touch screen media centre, gloss black touches around the cabin, a nice small sport steering wheel and cruise control it's very nice and comfortable to drive.

All that's has annoyed me during my ownership is retards who like to hit your six week old car then drive off leaving a nice crease on the passenger door and rear quarter panel.

557CEDDD-9168-4A39-99D3-AA454998A193-1798-0000018566D43592_zps2c4e807b.jpg

Not impressed with that at all.

So my plans with the cup for now are, leave it in the garage lol. It needs a few little bits over the winter, then we need to decide whether to either keep it and tax it over the summer, try and sell it again, or turn it into a serious track car.

Im swaying towards track car at the minute, it's 95% there really already so do we go all the way or not???????

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you need the money, there's no point in selling it. You'll only regret it.

Keep it and use it when you get chance.

Oh I'd massively regret selling it. I love the car a little too much.

But then I think it's a shame for it to be sat doing nothing for most of the year.

While it was for sale I had a fair bit of interest, but my heart just wasn't in selling it and I would of hated someone driving off with it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh, and i've found my dent man!! He lives down your way now. Still want his number?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't mind pm'ing the number out but please don't mess him about. You either want the dents doing or you don't. If I find out people have had to 'think about it' after he's been out to quote you I'll be pissy. He is probably the best dent man I've ever seen in action.

His cards on my bedside table so I'll pm you both when I go to bed. X