ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Cover Torx Screw Size??

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Hi!

I want to get my engine cover off (the one with the 16v 2.0l sticker on) and I have 2 screws left on. I got the others off with a small flat screwdriver but these two are really tight so I need the proper fitting screw head to get them off.

Does anyone know the exact size torx head to get the cover off? I just bought a set of eBay and none of them fit :dapprove:

Thanks!

Get one that's slightly larger for the head, hit it in with a hammer. Then get new bolts :) probably find the head has been rounded off slightly in the past which is why your bits aren't fitting properly! Jon

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Got a t-30 and it fits but man... IS IT TIGHT!

I have tried my hardest and the last 2 bolts wont budge :mad: I have tried wedging a tiny flat head screwdriver under the head of the bolt to try and lift it up a bit, I've sprayed WD-40 and it still won't budge!!

I honestly don't know what to do now! I'm considering getting a butane torch to burn the fucker and try and get it off that way. If that fails I will have to get a screw extractor!

Bloody thing eh! I only want to get the *%#$"£@ engine cover off!

Ph1
Are you using a one of those magnetic screwdriver headed things where the torx slots in the end ?

If yes use a 3/8 or 1/4 ratchet and torx socket