ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine number location f4r 730

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Im trying to register the engine change in my mk1 with the dvla and i have a local garage thats happy to do te report for me.

I took the f4r from a ph1 172 so am i roght in thinking its an f4r730? I just need to know where to find the engine number so the garage can confirm that it is the engine Im saying it is :)

Cheers

Craig

Lionel Richie
It won't be there anymore, they rust away in weeks!!! front of the block to the right of the dipstick

53 Clio's & counting
if you go gentle with a wire brush and some WD40 you MIGHT get lucky, but i highly doubt it, ive only ever managed to read one

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Thanks for the replys, just had a look and cant see anything to the right of the dipstick, however to the top left of the oil filter (as you look at the engine from front of car) theres a number which reads n0410 thos doesnt match my logbook though, is this the engine number or is it some sort of other number?

I've attched piccies to try an help:

null_zps20dad5b8.gif

Cheers!

Craig