ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine reving to hard at height speeds will it break

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
M1 and M25 are my routes to and from places of work, Ive had a few things changed on the car recently and would not mind finding out how it runs against a 197.

What day and time are you looking at? I'll see if I can meet up with ya for a 140 run. An going on to the A12 is Rons area, I am sure he would be up for a high speed run.

I'll be up that way as well...don't mind an early start if it means a flat-out blast with like minded members.

So what's the plan? What time do you think you'll be reaching the M25...I'll keep an eye out?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm not on about sitting at 70 if I wanted to do that I would of got a 1litre I'm on about sitin at 110-flat out

Who gave this gimp a license?

Please take it away again.

Idiots like you buying powerful cars and having an IQ as low as the temperature in an igloo are the stupid pricks that put up other peoples premiums.

Titanium 182
I'm more concerned how you think your engine will blow up doing 110mph than the fact you seem to think it's cool to drive that speed.

Were you dropped as a child?

330i. E30 Touring.
FLOL at all the speed hating mongs.

Late at night, I'd be all over the limiter.

Sitting at 70 is probably more likely to result in falling asleep.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
FLOL at all the speed hating mongs.

Late at night, I'd be all over the limiter.

Sitting at 70 is probably more likely to result in falling asleep.

Not so much the speed hating, more the fact he can't string a sentence together and doesn't know too much about cars makes me wonder if I'd like to be the c**t on the motorway that he shoots past at 1** mph.

I'm guessing he's maybe 17/18 and just got his license.

It's the whole "new drivers thinking they're Colin McRae"... and look where he ended up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not so much the speed hating, more the fact he can't string a sentence together and doesn't know too much about cars makes me wonder if I'd like to be the c**t on the motorway that he shoots past at 1** mph.

It's the whole "new drivers thinking they're Colin McRae"... and look where he ended up.

Well if he can afford to insure a 197 at 17 then I guess he can afford medical cover.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Well if he can afford to insure a 197 at 17 then I guess he can afford medical cover.

I'd like to know how much money he will pay the family of the person he slams into a wall, that'd be an interesting negotiation.

My thinking is the same with drink driving.

If you wanna get drunk and smash your car into a brick wall and kill yourself, be my guest, but don't hit some innocent c**t.

330i. E30 Touring.

Lol. So bad English means he can't peddle?

I would pick up on your grammatical errors, but I'm driving.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd like to know how much money he will pay the family of the person he slams into a wall, that'd be an interesting negotiation.

Are you expecting this person to be stood on the M25 at 1am then?

If you wanna get drunk and smash your car into a brick wall and kill yourself, be my guest, but don't hit some innocent c**t.

My opinion is that being in control of a car but happening to exceed a speed limit set in 1965 when most cars had very poor headlights, drum brakes, and terrible suspension geometry, is pretty safe in a modern high performance car on an empty motorway, where as being drunk driving around residential roads is not.

I honestly think you must have been smoking crack to consider them even vaguely similar!

FF Clio 182
Managed to get 110mph out of my 1.2 Clio. 5th gear screaming at about 6000 rpm! Depends how long you want the car if you only want it for the next 2 years you should be ok but the long term effect of doing it to often will show.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Managed to get 110mph out of my 1.2 Clio. 5th gear screaming at about 6000 rpm! Depends how long you want your liscense if you only want it for the next 2 days you should be ok but the long term effect of doing it to often will show.

edited for you ;)

clio 182 sport

I dont normally get involved in all the cs banter but i think your comments are b*llocks.

Because he types funny and doesnt come across as the sharpest tool in the shed he cant drive and is going to kill someone?!?

Some of the comments on this are soo OTT.

Back to the topic, Chip your clio.T does 170?!?! fooook about!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont normally get involved in all the cs banter but i think your comments are b*llocks.

Because he types funny and doesnt come across as the sharpest tool in the shed he cant drive and is going to kill someone?!?

Some of the comments on this are soo OTT.

Back to the topic, Chip your clio.T does 170?!?! fooook about!!

I think the highest ive had it so far is just over 165, but it wasnt quite on the limiter yet, it pulled up there fairly quickly but obviously not like my nova or sierra do, but they are far more power of course.

clio 182 sport
I think the highest ive had it so far is just over 165, but it wasnt quite on the limiter yet, it pulled up there fairly quickly but obviously not like my nova or sierra do, but they are far more power of course.

Makes me want to go boost lol but in all honest i have only got 140 on the clock so probs around 135 a few times and thats scary enough for me in a clio.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Makes me want to go boost lol but in all honest i have only got 140 on the clock so probs around 135 a few times and thats scary enough for me in a clio.

My mrs RS2 and 197 cams one gets upto just over 150 on the clock, pulls to about 7600rpm or so in 5th and then runs out of steam, I guess on a downhill it might touch the 7850 limiter and manage another 5mph or so.

The ph2 are geared lower than the ph1, so if I put the ph2 box into my turbo its top speed would then drop to about 155 or so as well.

clio 182 sport
My mrs RS2 and 197 cams one gets upto just over 150 on the clock, pulls to about 7600rpm or so in 5th and then runs out of steam, I guess on a downhill it might touch the 7850 limiter and manage another 5mph or so.

The ph2 are geared lower than the ph1, so if I put the ph2 box into my turbo its top speed would then drop to about 155 or so as well.

I thought i heard somewhere aswell with a standard phase 2 box you cant get over 140 due to the gearing :/

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought i heard somewhere aswell with a standard phase 2 box you cant get over 140 due to the gearing :/

Correct you cant get much over 140 on a standard engine.

By mrs engines revs to 7850rpm so can pull further, especially as with the RS2 and 197 cam combination you get peak power at very high rpm, so not only is it geared for 150mph its got the torque in the right place to pull that gearing at those rpm as well, where as if you raised your limiter on the standard engine to that sort of rpm, it would be down to under 100lbft by then and just wouldnt pull at all, where as hers is more like 140lbft still.

Needs a long straight though, even at the ring we only get to about 140ish, but on an autobahn where you can keep your foot in for a couple of miles, it does 150+ no drama.

Listerine & Poledo
All us slaterz be givin illz bout a bluds spelin n shiz. Op knows what hes doin cuz baller yo.

In fairness, sit at whatever speed you want, you'll still be pulled in for fuel within 200 miles

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I gota on a 100mile motorway drive earlydoors sat morning and I wana sit at 110 the whole way

You have 100 miles to drive, in a 197, at 110+... I'm guessing you'll do the same distance back?

i get 260+ miles from a full tank in my 197 driving steady at no more than 80. That costs me £60, Id hate to have your petrol bill

172/1.2/E30
Correct you cant get much over 140 on a standard engine.

By mrs engines revs to 7850rpm so can pull further, especially as with the RS2 and 197 cam combination you get peak power at very high rpm, so not only is it geared for 150mph its got the torque in the right place to pull that gearing at those rpm as well, where as if you raised your limiter on the standard engine to that sort of rpm, it would be down to under 100lbft by then and just wouldnt pull at all, where as hers is more like 140lbft still.

Needs a long straight though, even at the ring we only get to about 140ish, but on an autobahn where you can keep your foot in for a couple of miles, it does 150+ no drama.

Surely speedo not GPS?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 200's 2nd engine used to sit for 10 minutes+ @ 150mph/7000rpm with no issues at all, infact it done it at least weekly lol

the first engine went bang the first time i tried it!

Clio RS200
How come the people getting on their high horses about speeding, drive fast cars? I've got a 200 and I didn't buy it poodle around. I bought because it has some back bone. I wouldn't boot it around town at midday but at midnight down the motorway and I'm feeling flush with some fuel money, I'll blow the cobwebs off. Seems a bit weird to have a Renaultsport of some description and drive it like Miss Daisy's chauffeur. Get a 1.2 and just change the badges if you want. Why pay the insurance premium if you never boot it?
Like the guy with the rear engined Nova says, the speed limits were set way back in the day when cars took a week to stop, these days with ABS, traction control, better pads and my huge Brembos, I can stop a damn sight quicker than a Vauxhall Viva.

Even though the OP comes across as a bit interesting with his grammer, I'm sure he some common sense.

Listerine & Poledo
A lot of people on here DO badge up 1.2s, then seem to think it has made them into RS cars anyway.

It's one thing driving about like you're Mansell, it's another to go and give it Billy Buggernuts on the Internet

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
How come the people getting on their high horses about speeding, drive fast cars? I've got a 200 and I didn't buy it poodle around. I bought because it has some back bone. I wouldn't boot it around town at midday but at midnight down the motorway and I'm feeling flush with some fuel money, I'll blow the cobwebs off. Seems a bit weird to have a Renaultsport of some description and drive it like Miss Daisy's chauffeur. Get a 1.2 and just change the badges if you want. Why pay the insurance premium if you never boot it?
Like the guy with the rear engined Nova says, the speed limits were set way back in the day when cars took a week to stop, these days with ABS, traction control, better pads and my huge Brembos, I can stop a damn sight quicker than a Vauxhall Viva.

Even though the OP comes across as a bit interesting with his grammer, I'm sure he some common sense.

there are unwritten rules. If you do it, don't talk about it.

Clio RS200
Everyone on here knows we do it! Lol. Guess filming it and putting it on YouTube is a massive no no then? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.