ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

euro rims for my clio ? (rim links inside)

mk1 ph2 clio
6176_1210455299903_1184358863_63296.gif

6176_1210455419906_1184358863_63296.gif

only just made a start with it
got pressed euro plates
coilovers waiting to go on
lot of smoothing to be done
wheel spacers ready
leather interior, omp steering wheel
few engine bits
few bits being re-sprayed soon
and only other plans then is black vinyl roof and the rims
maybe a black bonnet

mk1 ph2 clio
Do the cups:

On my current 172:
DSCF2486enhanced.jpg

And on the old valver:
DSCF1942-1.jpg

yeah i was thinkin the cups
i like the chrome keskins but want more of a euro look
and can get the cups cheaper than the keskins even with tyres included
cheers for the pics of the mk1 has been gd help for me to decide, havnt seen enough euro rims on mk1 clios to have a good idea what theyd look like

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
go for the ronal's

if you want to go euro,
get that grotty exhaust off,
and the sunstrip and all other sitckers,

looks very chavy atm,

have wolfrace done some cups??
and if so why does it say ATS on the centre cap?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
snick it does look right they just need to be started right at the end of the day needs alot less clutter, 80mm spings and some 13" with poke n there spot on.

all the above wheels dont n wont look right on your car, i tell a lie maybe the ronal's will work but not with how the car looks now bud, (BTW its all my own opinion) need to loose the exhaust and Ph1/2 front end

mk1 ph2 clio
snick it does look right they just need to be started right at the end of the day needs alot less clutter, 80mm spings and some 13" with poke n there spot on.

all the above wheels dont n wont look right on your car, i tell a lie maybe the ronal's will work but not with how the car looks now bud, (BTW its all my own opinion) need to loose the exhaust and Ph1/2 front end

all the money iv got atm is for alloys,which is the best way to start off a euro look imo, and id rather do the pricey bits first so i have less to worry about after.

taking the tints off tonight, and sunstrip but i like the nurburgring sticker so gonna leave that on for now.

ordered a bit of black vinyl for the roof and some leather seat covers (for now until i get new seats)

exhausts being changed when iv got the cash from selling my 306 dturbo

need something to give the front end more of a euro look, got everything else ready in mind except the front end. any ideas?
and the lowest springs i can find without getting coilovers only drop 65mm, do you know where i can find others?

its going in for its mot in next few days so if it passes then work will begin.

mk1 ph2 clio
all the money iv got atm is for alloys,which is the best way to start off a euro look imo, and id rather do the pricey bits first so i have less to worry about after.

taking the tints off tonight, and sunstrip but i like the nurburgring sticker so gonna leave that on for now.

ordered a bit of black vinyl for the roof and some leather seat covers (for now until i get new seats)

exhausts being changed when iv got the cash from selling my 306 dturbo

need something to give the front end more of a euro look, got everything else ready in mind except the front end. any ideas?
and the lowest springs i can find without getting coilovers only drop 65mm, do you know where i can find others?

its going in for its mot in next few days so if it passes then work will begin.

and what alloys would you choose?

Erm Borbet C's, ATS classics, R&H cups, Spoor splits???..... if you search my name and euro... quite a few old interesting threads should come up... main one being my german wheel guide

Personally?.... I would choose my Madin splits ;)

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
A Mk1 needs 13's or 14's for the look you require imo

your such a toff about fake splits you make me sick but i love you, anyway! like i said 13's and your on a winner, get the 65mm spings then see how low it is, then its proberly wont be low enough so you need to lop at coil or 2 off the 65mm springs, bobs your uncle and winstons your new partner

mk1 ph2 clio
Erm Borbet C's, ATS classics, R&H cups, Spoor splits???..... if you search my name and euro... quite a few old interesting threads should come up... main one being my german wheel guide

Personally?.... I would choose my Madin splits ;)

IMG_5686.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

are they the splits on the r5?
selling them or just suggesting them.

** madin splits

Last edited:
  mk1 ph2 clio
Yes there the Madins :) .... You asked me what wheels i would go for? No plans on selling them... rims for life TBH

they're nice rims. if you ever change your mind pm me.
took the tints off last night and sunstrip etc
but couldnt get the tints off the back window :dapprove:

wish i could afford coilovers but going to have to settle with springs for now, better thn nothing really. i heard cheap coilovers wear and f*ck up quite quickly so i wouldnt want to get any if there only going to last up to 6 months. im a student so..

any other ideas what i could do with it?
was considering a bonnet bra but not entirely sure..

More poke than viagr
Just a bit of fun, lighten up! :clown:

My real opinion would be to get the ATS Cups as i havnt seen them on a clio until now, and think they suit it great.

Also as you were saying above, they are cheaper than the Keskins, which im not fond of anyway tbh.

Alot of people on here hate the bonnet bra's and let you know it, but personally i quite like them. So if you want one, id so go for it mate!

More poke than viagr
You could also de-wiper the rear. Nice cheap mod that IMO makes a big difference to the rear, tidyier i think.

mk1 ph2 clio
You could also de-wiper the rear. Nice cheap mod that IMO makes a big difference to the rear, tidyier i think.

yeah i was thinkin of doing that, can you still pass an m.o.t with a de-wipered rear window?
going to debadge and smooth off doors bonnet and tailgate too
and get some archwork done

mk1 ph2 clio
Just a bit of fun, lighten up! :clown:

My real opinion would be to get the ATS Cups as i havnt seen them on a clio until now, and think they suit it great.

Also as you were saying above, they are cheaper than the Keskins, which im not fond of anyway tbh.

Alot of people on here hate the bonnet bra's and let you know it, but personally i quite like them. So if you want one, id so go for it mate!

I need something to give the front end more of a euro look and that was the best thing i can think of. i quite like them aslong as everything else is done properly, wouldn't put one on until the rest of the car is euro'd though. any other ideas what i could do to the front end other than a bonnet bra?

More poke than viagr
Yer it will pass an MOT, mine did. Theres a lot of cars out there that dont have a rear wiper as standard, Audi TT etc...

erm...you could take the Renault badge off and smooth over that? Or replace it with the diamond off an old renault, the lined one. (cant explain for s**t lol!)

Yellow fogs?

mk1 ph2 clio
Yer it will pass an MOT, mine did. Theres a lot of cars out there that dont have a rear wiper as standard, Audi TT etc...

erm...you could take the Renault badge off and smooth over that? Or replace it with the diamond off an old renault, the lined one. (cant explain for s**t lol!)

Yellow fogs?

Took my fog light out last night (had one missing) and i heard that if theres no fog lights in it atall then you cant fail an mot on it but if ones missing them you can.

Yeah going to debadge it all, was considering spraying my bonnet black because its scratched up to f*ck atm
but not sure how it'd look. what you think?
Its my first go at euro modifying, my 306 dturbo was your standard chavved up mods, bodykit, 17's, loved it tho had every last detail done down to gti-6 leathers and de-locked and bits like that. think its sold now so can get things sorted with the clio :D

also,not sure what badge you mean but ill look into it.cheers