ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Everything that could have went wrong did, pics inside!

Hello,

This is my second attempt at this as my pc died the first time...

Today i thought i would lower and fit my new discs/pads to my valver, simple i thought. After lowering the rear end i let the jack down, but as i pulled the jack out i caught a fuel line and ended up with fuel everywhere.

I jacked the car back up to investigate, i had snapped a bit of plastic off a part so there was no fixing it. I phoned my local stealer with the part number, he told me he couldn't find it but he'll have a look on the system for me.

The part has two wires going into it and two rubber hoses. The details stamped on the side are:

p=50KPa

Here are a few pictures:

DSC00141.gif

DSC00147.gif

DSC00140.gif

Does anyone know what this is or does anyone have a spare?

I gave up with that so i tried fitting my ktec rear discs and EBC pads, shouldn't be a problem i thought. I got around to putting the discs and pads in but there isn't enough room, i have spread the cylinder as far as it will go. The top cap was off and i also tried loosening the bleed nipple. I also loosened the handbrake right off, about 5mm extra was needed to fit everything in. Any ideas?

I started with a working car and now i have no handbrake/foot brake, no fuel etc.

Any help would be appreciated :dapprove:

BMW M135i
You did wind the rear calipers in yes? Not just push them in?

I think (although i'm no Mk1 man) thats the aux fuel pump not 100% though.

BMW M135i
To get them to go back when fitting new discs/pads you turn the piston clockwise to wind it back into the caliper, you did this yeah?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
sounds like you have been sent or ordered the wrong pads there, i had the same trouble with a set which turned out to be for an rsi iirc

unless as above you haven't wound the piston back in fully

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Worries me people workin on their own cars with not much know how........

Tangoed Works
cba nowadys, so much cheap labour out there. had one garage quote £140 to fit front discs and pads!! took it round the corner and £30 while i waited had it sorted!

Lots of Alfas
Im not sure either, looks like a pump. Whats your cars fabrication number, ill look on dialogies.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Might be better off lookin on clio16valver.co.uk or williamsclio.co.uk
More mk1 stuff for sale on there, try askin matbrown or winston they're always breakin valvers