ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO magazines best hot hatch list

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
p3rcy1 said:
the vtr's are a lot easier to tune than the vts and alot cheaper to insure etc you put an induction kit and full ss exhaust including de-cat and the vtr's are faster believe it or not (than a standard vts that is)

Complete bullshit..the vtr is 9/10 secs slower than a vts to 100....no zorst & i/k in the world can sort that out lol

Street Triple R
IMO the 205 1.6 GTI is quite a bit more enjoyable than the 1.9, I think the 1.6 'flows' a lot better if that makes sense lol, the gears are overly long on the 1.9 too I think

Honestly Im yet to drive a car as anjoyable round the lanes as the 205 1.6 was.......although it was the worst car ever in traffic lol

2014 Focus Titanium
p3rcy1 said:
the vtr's are a lot easier to tune than the vts and alot cheaper to insure etc you put an induction kit and full ss exhaust including de-cat and the vtr's are faster believe it or not (than a standard vts that is)

this is complete bullshit! have you ever tried modding both?

firstly, with the characteristics of the VTR u need to tune it to roughly 130bhp for it to match the performance of a VTS. this being because of the VTS is high revving and shorter 'box, which combined, make a very well geared car. this is why VTS is in a complete different league to the R.

And about putting an induction kit, full exhaust, decat, and VTRs are faster, that is completely wrong too. fair enough the VTR wont be much slower, but it still wont keep up with the S. and what if we put the same mods on the S? then it will still rape it!

also, them mods on a VTR will probs give it about 12bhp extra, which is still 10bhp short of the S' engine. assuming you are talking about the 98bhp VTR, not the 90bhp version.

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
The main differences with regards to handling on the 205 is due to more modest tyres on the 1.6 giving a more progressive breakaway on the limit making it a bit more adjustable and it also has a slightly wider front track. Also, i don't think the 1.9 needs the shorter box, it has more than enough grunt to make up for it. An Mi16 engined one with a hybrid gearbox and suspension is a whole different story all together. ;-)

Theres no extra weight due to the engine (well about 2 kg's) as the block is the same except for a longer stroke crank and an aluminium block stiffener.

106 GTi
jongsr4 said:
.......although it was the worst car ever in traffic lol

Once you got used to dipping that clutch in traffic as second nature they are fine! lol

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Rich said:
Once you got used to dipping that clutch in traffic as second nature they are fine! lol

I let my mum borrow my car when i had the old 1.9 lump in it which was quite tame as 205's go, the amount of cursing going on when she got back was unbelievable;

"that car's ridiculous, it needs sorting out, does it run on kangaroo juice!?!?"
"they all do that mum"
"Don't be so ridiculous, why would they make a car like that?"

106 GTi
LOL - my dad hated my 309 GTi for the same reason. I just got used to it. That said some seem to do it worse than others, either that or I just got better at preventing it!

When you sell a 205 GTi to a new owner that has not had one watching them drive up the road for the first time, gets me laughing everytime!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
p3rcy1 said:

Jesus wept, do you really believe the person who told you that?? lol..thats all b****cks mate

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
PMSL @ the vtr comment !!

an i/k and zorst ARE NOT going to make it faster than a VTS ... No way.
i had a custom manifold, full custom zorst, decat, i/k on a vtr and it was nowhere near a vts .... until silly speeds that is, when it started to catch up but thats niether here nor there.

Clio Dynamique 1.6 16v
Keydogg said:
this is complete bullsh*t! have you ever tried modding both?

firstly, with the characteristics of the VTR u need to tune it to roughly 130bhp for it to match the performance of a VTS. this being because of the VTS is high revving and shorter 'box, which combined, make a very well geared car. this is why VTS is in a complete different league to the R.

And about putting an induction kit, full exhaust, decat, and VTRs are faster, that is completely wrong too. fair enough the VTR wont be much slower, but it still wont keep up with the S. and what if we put the same mods on the S? then it will still rape it!

also, them mods on a VTR will probs give it about 12bhp extra, which is still 10bhp short of the S' engine. assuming you are talking about the 98bhp VTR, not the 90bhp version.

You can easily find 200 bp (bullshit power) out of a vtr, stick some vts badges on it, and some ripspeed wheel deals, not forgeting the the chav decals, and youve got yourself a super car. :rasp:

E91 M Sport
ukaskew said:
Where's the Puma?!

May not be that fast but it's one of the best handling cars money can by, even in non-FRP form.

The only reason the Puma isn't there has to be because its a 'Coupe' not hatchback. Same reason why the V6 isn't on there - everyone knows that's the daddy but it's hard when you're classed as a supercar :rasp: ;) :p