ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust catching/banging/unknown

BG 182
I have an OMP Inox exhaust system fitted to my 172 which I brought from a member on here on his car the exhaust was fine but on mine it caught the subframe so I changed the sports cat for a de-cat pipe which was made from the standard cat which on the original system was fine but this even still catches.

Im running out of ideas as to what's causing this I'm thinking of uprating the Dog bone mount to polybushes to see if this helps

but was wondering if anyone's got any ideas as I can't accelerate hard or fast due to to loud knocking noise

cheers chris

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
From the sounds of it it sounds like the dogbone mount as you say you cant accelerate hard without it happening etc.
Could always do what cookson suggested though, loosen the 4 bolts on the top engine mount next to the cam cover pull the engine as far forward as possible then re tighten?
Its free so always worth a punt!