ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust fitting 172 cup (am i being thick)

172 CUP
I have an after market exhaust on the cup and the join between the cat and the rear section is going really rusty. do other exhausts have the right fitting to bolt to the cat (not mine) as I want to get a new full system and new cat. or will i need to get something manufactured to fit the new rear section to my new shiny cat?

Can i shop in parts, ie buy a standard cat for my clio off the ebay, then find an exhaust and will it bolt to the plate on the end of the cat??

Do i even make sense.

Steven

Yes, most after market systems will fit from the cat back, the OE systems do rust and then start to blow at the joints, depends on the condition of exhaust mounts etc, the cat should be fine if it's passed an MOT, may be worth buying a a genuine cat - manifold gasket/bolt kit and then do a search for sytems in the traders section, plenty available.

Regards Russ......