ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Help!!

GOLF GT TDI
I have got a Powerflow exhaust on my MK2 PH1 clio, i had it lowered the other day and today i didnt realise the size of a speed hump and i caught it on the way down breaking the rubber mount closest to the rear bumper that holds the exhaust on.

anyway i am not sure weather the rubber mount is a original Renault part or if its a Powerflows part.

It looks as if the rubber mount slides onto a metal plate welded onto the underneath of the car

if any one knows what i mean please help :(

Stuart

182 and 5 GTT
Guess it will be a renault mount. Powerflow just go by whats under the car and use existing mounts. They did on my old car anyway.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I fitted a Bosal rear exhaust section to my car. Bosal also sold the mounting that for my car consists of a metal mounting that bolts onto the chassis with a rubber insert that the exhaust mount bolts/slides onto. The mounting cost about £6

182 and 5 GTT
Is it the rubber that has broken or the metal mount? eitherway wont cost alot from renault. Could try halfrauds for the rubber aswell?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Stu_c said:
It looks like a square rubber mount that slides onto a metal bracket. :)

Sounds like the orginal mount to me . Mine was the same on my 172 , but i had to cut mine off when the back box was banging on the ground , lol . Powerflow just made me a new mount and welded it to the car then hung the new exhaust on that . Perfect fit :)

GOLF GT TDI
i havent had any problems with it i have had it on 4 over 2 years ill buy a rubber mount see if it works if not ill pop it back to them.. any ideas where might stock the mounts?