ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mounts - a straw poll

Clio 182
First things first, my rear mounts are knackered so need sorting one way or another. What's the general consensus on the best approach though? There seems to be 3 ways of thinking from what I can see:

1. Replace with more standard units, suck it up and change them fairly often.
2. Replace with more standard units, bung in some sockets/rubber/whatever in order to stop them sagging and splitting so quickly.
3. Sturdy "race" mounts for several times the price

I'd be a bit concerned about the race mounts on regular bumpy roads - would this be unfounded?

What do the ClioSport masses think?

Cheers,
Mark

Audi A5
You've Got it in a nut shell.

Personally I've just done option two and used bits of hose pipe as thats the cheapest option.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Personally get a Prima one. But you do have a 182 so need 2.

Thinking about it that way it's a lot of money for some exhaust mounts.

Can you bodge the excisting ones up?

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Get a Prima Racing one imo. I bought on the premiss of not having to replace it as soon as the oe version

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I would be having a word with Fred to see if you can get a couple of the new mounts he has developed. They look way better than the old ones and the rubbers should last longer and if they do perish they cost pence to replace.

Clio 182
Dammit, I was settled on playing with a bucketload of sealant but that powerflex bodge looks pretty good....

big boost cup
Mine are bodged with copper pipe and some of this stuff jameg.jpg been on the car for over two years and still looks as good as new.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lol. Trying this at the mo ;) did you burn out the old rubber? They are a bugger to remove

removed them with a very sharp knife.

still going fine on my dads Clio that we fitted a week after doing mine. although we cable tied mine, we also ran a strong sealant round it and ended up removing the cable ties. still not moved