ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F.A.O Fred or anyother clever people...

1.6 focus zetec....
......At the moment me and my cousin are trying to get his 1.8 valver engine out his clio and was making good progress but now we've hit a few bumps...

1) Being not able to disconnect the driveshafts.... Little pin doesnt want to come out!!

2) The down pipe is one hell of a fcuker to get off, theres just no way in this world we can get a rachet up to the bolts....

and finally....

3) A bloody bolt in the balljoint just dont want to budge....not matter how much we hit it with an hammer its not coming...

So any advice ladies and gentlemen??? Please :)

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
My cousins already on there and posted up....

Know a few people are good with engine converstions and thought 2clubs are better than one ;)

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
We hammered the little pin with a pin removal tool and it just bent...even with some WD-40 type product!!

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
Tried the grips and pull and that isnt happening....drilling is another option but think we would leave that til last!!

Would dropping the engine out the bottom with the subframe and lifting the chassis be an easier option???

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
Never knew you refused mate...

This is the first engine ive tried to get out myself.... my cousin took out a 19 engine he had as scrap and had to drill most the bolts out of them and he's also took a williams engine out a car he bought which i believe was quite an easy job....

1.6 focus zetec....
Lmao i noticed that bit.... was eating quite a bot of rust last night trying to get the downpipe off!!

Kiza

1.6 focus zetec....
Lol thanks for that mate!! Some on Williams clio suggested heating it....Off to the shop to get a blow torch 2moz!!

Kiza

J

Jim NM

Get a proper punch either 6mm or 8mm can't remember which, and a lump hammer. Raise the car as high as necessary so you can get a good swing. it will come out if you persevere. I had the same problem with my R5 turbo. Failing that the last resort is to cut your drive shaft off near the gear box. But this should not be necessary. Keep banging away and you will get there.

The newer roll pins are easier to get out as they are just single. The old roll pins were made up of two pins one inside the other. They area barsteward to get out.
Good luck mate.

1) Being not able to disconnect the driveshafts.... Little pin doesnt want to come out!!

2) The down pipe is one hell of a fcuker to get off, theres just no way in this world we can get a rachet up to the bolts....

and finally....

3) A bloody bolt in the balljoint just dont want to budge....not matter how much we hit it with an hammer its not coming...
Shafts are easy to sort either leave it in and disconnet it later or just get a nail on it /wd40 etc and hammer the damd thing out heat will also help (blow torce isn't a bad idea)

Drill heads of the downpipe if there that bad or solk them in oild stec and leave them overnights.

I take it its the bolt attaching the ball joint to the hub goes thoguh he hub there a pain best advice it to chnage them anyway. To get it out take the hub off stick in a vice and hammer hell out of it/heat or if worst drill it out.

1.6 focus zetec....
Cant drill the heads off the bolts on the downpipe as i can hardly get a rachet up there never mind a drill!!

Will get it in a vice once off if needed but at the moment its still attached to the car!!

Kiza

Cant drill the heads off the bolts on the downpipe as i can hardly get a rachet up there never mind a drill!!

Will get it in a vice once off if needed but at the moment its still attached to the car!!

Kiza

How can it be difficult to undo undo the two bolt holding the ball joint onto the wishbone then the two holding the hub to the strut then the arm then undo the brake caliper.

Drop the subframe if you want and lift car over engine.

except the engine is bolted to the inner wing...

the down pipe bolts can be b******s, one you can reach from underneath with one f**k off extension, the other can be accessed from either underneath or through the drivers wheelarch.

BBJ, undo the 2 16mm nuts underneath the wishbone.

if you still fail to get the rollpin out, pull off the little spring that holds the boot to the joint and remove it like that.

1.6 focus zetec....
Theres just one bolt stuck on the ball joint....the lower ball joint to hub bolt it is!!! Weve got the nut of the bolt but the bolt just wont push through the hole!!

Weve had an extension on the bolts with a knuckle but it just doesnt seem to want to play!!

The last resort is lifting the shell and pulling the engine from the bottom!!

Kiza

2005 Nissan Navara
remove it from the strut rather than seperating the ball joint.

drill the roll pin out.

grips on the 13mm nuts for the down-pipe.

Clio 172 mk2
You can hacksaw through stubborn manifold/exhaust bolts to get them off if your very careful not to damage the thread.

I had to do this when I put a new engine in my old 205GTi....sawed through them to make a groove then split them off using the head of a screwdriver. Wasn't easy but was a last resort.

1.6 focus zetec....
If i could get a hacksaw up there and acctually saw then i would saw them off mate!!

Thanks for that stan...you've posted on WC aswell :D