ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F*CK! My baby... :(

Tungy
Ha a smash in my car last night, think its a write off :(. Afterwards a policeman drove by and stopped. Interviewed me and breathalised me... al that s**t. He wa a coomplete nob, gonna report me for careless driving so I'll get prosecuted. And as for my car and the other guys, dunno what I'ma do yet :(. Pics soon.

Focus ST
s**t, sorry mate!

You might want to rename the thread title, looks like you said f**k MY BADY!!.

Thats what made me look anyway. Sorry again mate...

Tungy
Yehh. I hope we can do it without insurance but very unlikely. If my cars a write off then I'd never get a valver again because I wouldn't be able to insure it :(. Bah, my pride and joy. Plus I may have to pay out for his car as I have undeclared mods :-/. PLus court fees etc? All money I haven't got. Fortunately my parents would pay and I'd just pay them back bit by bit. Still, sh*t happens, and it was my fault anyway. Turning a corner and didnt see his car coming, then last sexcond tried to swerve and wham!

Tungy
Cheers pal. Been upset sinec, almost in tears :(. Still, I've bene told to try and not dell on it so went and got absolutely shitfaced last night! Like I say, my fault... But you can't help the unevitable.

Bradharding said:
Plus I may have to pay out for his car as I have undeclared mods :-/.

woops, not a good sign on things to come.

i hope it all goes through smoothly, and your insurance company doesnt void your policy.

i would be devistated if i crashed my car :(

Tungy
fUbAr said:
woops, not a good sign on things to come.

i hope it all goes through smoothly, and your insurance company doesnt void your policy.

i would be devistated if i crashed my car :(

Nope :-/. I am completely devastated... still shaking now. On my mind 100% of the time :(.

Nimbus Clio 197
it'll be done and dusted soon enough mate. and if i have to get a slower car, you can save a bit each month and get something decent again in no time ;) Good luck with sorting it out

Tungy
ozzyo99 said:
Were you driving dangerously, or speeding?

No, nothing like that. just coming down a road, slowing down to turn the corner started to turn as I didn't see his car till last second. Dunno how it happened? Could have happened in any car.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
a car is replacable - a life isnt - think your self lucky your alive !! and walked away !

work hard and get another :)

I wrote off my pride and joy saxo vtr totally my own fault - saved for a year to get another :)

might not be wrote off.................get a garage to look at , touch wood , dont go through the insurance as u'll pay out yourself as they will defo nil/void your insurance ,another bad point .

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Sorry to hear this Brad. Sorry to say it but I bet you wished you'd taken mine and others advice about your mods now eh.

Tungy
Yeah. It'll just be. 18, 2 years no claims down the drain, 3 points for careless driving? Insurance wouldn't touch me on another? Still, I gotta learn to move on. If they don't write off my car then I'd try repair it, if not make money by selling parts?

Tungy
Only non cosmetic damage is the drivers side wheel has moved back. Could be a big money repair? will have to get it professionally looked at. Yes Darth, I deffo wish I took your advice. You never think it'll happen to yourself but I've proved it does :-/.

1. dont go through the insurance.
2. pay for damage yourself .
3. u'll keep your no-claims bonus that way .
4. wait til police get in touch. wait and see wot they say ?

Tungy
I'm thinking that. The Mo'Fo rang me about 11 this morning when I waas still in bed asking for my insurance policy number. I didn't give it him. If it costs a tad more would rather still go without insurance cos' I might be better off on the long run?

Scirocco GT 210
Bradharding said:
I'm thinking that. The Mo'Fo rang me about 11 this morning when I waas still in bed asking for my insurance policy number. I didn't give it him. If it costs a tad more would rather still go without insurance cos' I might be better off on the long run?

Well you should've been awake by 11 ;)

And if you crashed into him, you're going to have to go through insurance I'd have thought?

next time ....................dont save a couple of hundread by not telling your insurance , u've learnt your lesson now .........ok :eek:

if its your fault, its entirely up to him if he uses your insurance or not.

unfortunately, if he asks for it... you have to give him your details.

No more clio's for me!
Bradharding said:
Yeah. It'll just be. 18, 2 years no claims down the drain, 3 points for careless driving? Insurance wouldn't touch me on another? Still, I gotta learn to move on. If they don't write off my car then I'd try repair it, if not make money by selling parts?

Sorry to read this mate.

Whats the full story fella, where you or t'other chap on the wrong side of the road, speeding or driving too fast, how did the cars collide and come to rest etc....not pointing any fingers and all that.

If your done with dangerous driving (not saying that you will) you'll probably be looking at more than 3 points, tbh it might even be a ban? What mod's did you have?

Hope you get it sorted quick smart with minimum agro! :)

Tungy
I'm hoping the coppers might leave it but I'm not sure tbh... Wasn't driving fast, just slowly turning the corner n came onto his side of the road so completely my fault. Don't know if he was speeding, all happened too fast. Think I paid too much attention to a Beamer coming out the road on the left? I have many mods undeclared but it was my parents decision not to declare them. Gaz coilover suspension, lowered, chip, remap, ported head, cams, power boost valve, induction kit, stainless exhaust and decat, halo ring lights, mom steering wheel and gearknob (don't think they'd matter). So if they come see it, I'm pretty f*cked.

BMW E46 330i Touring
All very confusing but these cases are all very unfortunate.

If the copper arrived afterwards then you may be able to fight the whole dangerous driving thing if you get in touch with the other driver and try to get him on your side, saying it was just an unavoidable collision at legal speeds.

Then also discuss repairing his car, getting quotes, etc and you'll pay for it, keep insurance out of it. Still, you should always declare mods...

Tungy
The other guy is quite genuine. Said he hasn't admitted to me not paying attention as he doesn't want any trouble, just wants his car fixing of course. He doesn't care if it goes through insurance or not, but thinks the cost of damage may be more than the value of the car (about £1000). Policeman said he was reporting me, however never asked either of us to go down the old bill station and provide documents.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Bradharding said:
Gaz coilover suspension, lowered, chip, remap, ported head, cams, power boost valve, induction kit, stainless exhaust and decat, halo ring lights, mom steering wheel and gearknob (don't think they'd matter). So if they come see it, I'm pretty f*cked.

Bloody hell.... thats one hell of a list of mods.

Hope you get it all sorted :(

Tungy
Thanks bubbles. Yeah my pride and joy may go down the drain :-/. I now know better about declaring mods, I would of done anyway but it was completely my parents decision that I'd be 'okay' with not declaring them. If it's a write off I'd see if I could sell the bits on here and ebay?

No more clio's for me!
Slightly modified then, and performance ones at that...:(

Is your insurance in your parents name then?

The chap who you crashed into, could be your best friend here mate, i'd pay him some cash to keep him quite, if you wanted to protect you ncb.

Tungy
I think everything inside the engine would be okay, but they'll notice everything else. Nah it's in my name. Paying just £634 with elephant TPFT with 2 years no claims and my parents on as additional drivers. Could see that going up to like £1500+ maybe if it goes through them? If it's affordable would rather my parents give him the cash and then I'd do a bit of extra work at weekends for my mate to make up the money to pay them back?

I had a crash at 19 in my vts, i wanted to pay for the damage to my car and the person i hit:eek: (F*cking B!tch) out my own pocket but she wanted to go through insurance so i had no choice. At the time i thought i couldnt get insured on the car again but the renewal quote was only £1?? more a year, going through insurance isnt always a bad thing, check out the costs.

MKIII 138
Bradharding said:
Thanks bubbles. Yeah my pride and joy may go down the drain :-/. I now know better about declaring mods, I would of done anyway but it was completely my parents decision that I'd be 'okay' with not declaring them. If it's a write off I'd see if I could sell the bits on here and ebay?

dont blame your parents your over 18 and an adult, if you couldnt afford to insure the car without being a named driver on the parents policy then you werent old enough to drive such a fast car anyways...sorry but if your not on your parents insurance then why the hell did you listen to them ????

a lot of people at least one tiny mods or something they dont declare due to insurance being such a rip off anyway but you seem to have loads.

i do hope it gets sorted but this is why insurance exists.

Tungy
meggerman said:
dont blame your parents your over 18 and an adult, if you couldnt afford to insure the car without being a named driver on the parents policy then you werent old enough to drive such a fast car anyways...sorry but if your not on your parents insurance then why the hell did you listen to them ????

a lot of people at least one tiny mods or something they dont declare due to insurance being such a rip off anyway but you seem to have loads.

i do hope it gets sorted but this is why insurance exists.

I guess just too arrogant meggers. I'm confident in my driving and took the chance hoping I'd never crash. But everyone takes there eyes of the road from time to time and this time my luck struck bad...

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
If your third party fire and theft... they wont pay out for your car anyway as that doesnt cover crashes? or am i just being a dumb blonde

Tungy
Bubbles said:
If your third party fire and theft... they wont pay out anyway as that doesnt cover crashes? or am i just being a dumb blonde

I have no idea acctually :-/. Going to college in Bristol for these next 2 weeks so my parents will have to do most the sorting out. Feel sooo gutted :(