ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

SQ5
I see, I thought the game would of had full licensing from them.

I remember an F1 game from years ago that had official graphics.

Clio 200 Raider
I'll answer my own question!!

Demo dates are Xbox 360 - 10th September, PS3 12th September and PC via Steam 11th September.

Demo features 1st day of the Young Driver Test and the first race of Season Challenge at Monza.

cant see this on steam yet?

350z GT
Good demo I thought....handling very twitchy with a pad
may need to desensitize the analogue sticks to make it better...

Great engine though, can feel it leaning on the tyres if you push in too hard to a corner.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just had a go on my brothers Xbox and thought it was good. Handling is light compared to 11. But it has improved a lot. Presentation is awesome too. Just couldn't get used to the Xbox pad.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I am afraid to say my first impressions of the game are bad.

I hate the steering, it is sometimes sensitive and other times un responsive.
The braking is not at all realistic and not right in my opinion.
The car seems to just want to understeer even at 40mph in the young driver test free run mode.

And a bug i noticed, KERS should only work above 100kph or 60mph, it seems to work immediately off the line which i don't believe it should.

Sorry Lee I know you put so much effort into it and i hope the release is better for me.

On the plus side,
I really like the menus and the navigation, they are so much nicer than the previous games.
Going into the gravel seems really nice and much more how you would expect it than before.
And I noticed the boards stick to the front of the car when hit and really blind the driver.

Sorry to say these bad things about your game but I really don't know if it is playable for me.

Golf R/Leon FR
I think 12 is a vast improvement over 11. I like the steering, it is far far better with the pad and can regulate throttle much more. Engine sounds, graphics, presentation are all awesome.

Bumder With A Buffer
I still couldnt find the demo on the UK PSN store.

So set-up a US account and downloaded it from there instead.

Goliath I

The car seems to just want to understeer even at 40mph in the young driver test free run mode.

And a bug i noticed, KERS should only work above 100kph or 60mph, it seems to work immediately off the line which i don't believe it should.

Sorry Lee I know you put so much effort into it and i hope the release is better for me.

On the plus side,
I really like the menus and the navigation, they are so much nicer than the previous games.
Going into the gravel seems really nice and much more how you would expect it than before.
And I noticed the boards stick to the front of the car when hit and really blind the driver.

Sorry to say these bad things about your game but I really don't know if it is playable for me.

Yeah I found the steering a little off, very sensitive and the car moves suddenly. This is with a 360 pad, hopefully it'll be ironed out for the release. Even with TC and ABS on full you still find yourself fighting the car going round corners, is this by design, to add more realism?

A few niggles but can't wait for next week!

While I wanted some clutch technique for the start it seems to have been well improved.

Love the timer to give back the position if you do an illegal overtake!

The engine sounds awesome especially when you activate the KERS

I'm not sure what the leaning to the left view is for? Lol

Anyway, last year I moaned at faults of F1 2011 and I can't even remember what they were now.

Will there be DLC Lee?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

On the plus side,

I'm fairly sure they use Kers at the start of a race.

Had my first go on this last night.

Steering? I'm guessing it's meant to be easier to put smaller inputs in, but the load doesn't come on consistently, turn, nothing, nothing, nothing, oversteer.

I presume the physics are in an early stage, no damage, bouncing off barriers, contact between cars is worse than last year. I know it's because the pits aren't open but it seems miles away?

Two 0 Shitx
Think i prefer 2011 so far aswell, steering it too sensative for the pad, really dont like the kers
and drs transitions. Actually sounds like your clutch is going when you press kers. All imo but don't think i'll buy it atm. On a posative note once you get past the lightness of the steering its actually
quite good, the physics aspect anyway

Nothing at the mo :(
Just tried the Demo

Baring in mind i 100% completed F1 2011 achievements wise and play it every week in a league

Im finding 2012 shocking..As someone as stated the steering is the worse.... nothing..nothing..nothing... oh ive spun......wtf is up with that?? Sterring seems very lifeless

RS Clio 182
Just played the PS3 demo - graphics are much improved,cars look a lot better and the whole thing is a lot vibrant...menus look much better aswell.

Steering is a bit of an issue as people have said - sometimes its too sensitive,and then on corners its not that responsive - it was spot on in 2011 so i dont know why it has to be changed. Hopefully you can alter the steering sensitivity settings in the full game - hoping i dont have to.

All i want is more AI incidents in races!! If a car spins out or retires,id like to see it at the side of the track for a few laps before it gets cleared,or not at all like Button's last weekend at Monza. Really want little details like that included. Its been so unrealistic in the 2 previous games that barely nothing happens all race incident-wise unless youre involved in it somehow.

Evo 5 RS
Going to try the demo off Steam later if I get a moment. Really enjoyed 2011, but these games are a bit too time consuming if you want to get the most out of them IMO

Lee

BMW M2C
Regarding the KERS comment. It can be used at anytime. There is no rule which prevents its use ofF the line. It's just pointless using it at that point as the car is traction limited. But the drivers can if they want. Check the rules and regs on the FIA website.

There should be a small change to calm the twitchy steering down come release.

Reviews are coming in.
Oh yeah.... 9/10 in the Official Xbox 360 Magazine as well.. ☺

http://www.oxm.co.uk/45860/reviews/f1-2012-review/

Computer and Video Games – 8.1

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...eview-looks-and-finally-moves-like-f1-review/

Games Radar – 4.5/5

http://www.gamesradar.com/f1-2012-review/

VideoGamer.com8/10

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2012/review.html

Hardware Heaven – 93% !

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1571/pg1/f1-2012-xbox-360.html

Atomic MPC – 85%

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Review/315852,f1-2012-review.aspx

IGN – 9/10 !!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/f1-2012-review

Eurogamer – 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-17-f1-2012-review

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...the-punishing-dark-souls-of-the-racing-world/

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...0.nl/2012/games/multi/f1-2012-review/&act=url

Did the reviewers get to play the full version?

Sorry to sound negative Lee, but the OXM review (among others) sounds like a sales pitch!

Codemasters has tweaked the driving physics to work surprisingly well with a stock Xbox 360 controller.

Did they play a different version to the demo?

Nothing at the mo :(
Did the reviewers get to play the full version?

Sorry to sound negative Lee, but the OXM review (among others) sounds like a sales pitch!

Did they play a different version to the demo?

Must of done, because there lying if they used to demo to give that comment lol

I'm hearing some bad things about the steering and braking from the demo :(

May keep 2011 which IMO is brilliant. Unless the propper game is different.

Which begs the question, why release a demo if the steering will be totally different in the real game?

MY10 R35 GTR
The demo is a demo! An they take feedback from that either to change things for the release or a patch soon after.

I downloaded it on PC ( always played ps3 version ) using an Xbox controller, but I have to agree the steering is weird. Can be very pointy but on some slow corners it can be very tricky to get them right. Will play some more.

Out of interest what sort of lap times are folk getting?

VW ID.3
Will Tesco's sell the game just after midnight on Thursday, cause my local Tesco's haven't even advertised it's coming out for sale?

VW ID.3
Cool, got the day off work on Friday, watching the practise seasons and hopefully playing on this while I wait for my iPhone to arrive.

Lee

BMW M2C
Cool history of F1 games, with a couple of appearances from me! The full interview with me will be up at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Good video that - interesting seeing some of my old fave games looking a little worse for wear!

Evo 5 RS
F1 GrandPrix on N64 was a-mazing.

Played the demo last night, it's great fun in the same way 2011 was. Not sure why people are saying the graphics are better, unless there is something not quite complete with the PC demo? Genuinely, I'm not that impressed with them. Might need to cast my eyes back to 2011 but overall, they could be a lot better.

Plays really well though, and as unforgiving as ever. Can't really ask for more from an F1 game. Well you could, but I wouldn't like it to become any more challenging lol. AI seems spot on too. ;)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Played the demo over the weekend. Had a problem with the G27 steering wheel. When I first set up all the bindings there was a massive dead zone on the wheel of about 15-15%. The dead zone slider was on 0% and i could not get my head around it. Eventually fixed it by changing one of the settings to be wheel rather than whatever it was on defalut.

One grip i always have with Codies stuff is all the bum fluffery that you have around the race's. I don't want to see stats or have to listen to some nob jockey tell me about the race class I am abour to enter (more dirt tbf). Can you please put in an option to turn all this stuff, or enable something like the Esc button to be able to skip it.