ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F12 DCM 182 Trophy 309/500

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well few more plans for 2014, over the next couple of months gonna whip the engine out, clean up the engine bay, rebuild the gearbox cause I think the syncro for 3rd had seen better days, sort the small leak on the sump and change the belt and dephaser whilst its out and I'm currently toying with a set of cams :s

Also going to look at a rear arb setup and some of the roll centre hubs off @NorthloopCup if the group buy comes up and then you some more work with spring and rear damper setups.

The plan then is to get some real seat time on track and hopefully some tuition.
I like the sound of this mate! We will soon have that box stripped and 3rd gear sorted too. It does mean that I'll have to get the R3 engine sorted though if your fitting cams! Lol!

Megane r26
I like the sound of this mate! We will soon have that box stripped and 3rd gear sorted too. It does mean that I'll have to get the R3 engine sorted though if your fitting cams! Lol!

Haha thing is if the cambelts off I may as well whip off the rocker cover and stick some cams in. Then take to Paul at Rs tuning for mapping.

Oh and while the box is off new clutch and a fandango lightened flywheel haha

Megane r26
You'll need to do 2 things then mate:
1) start early and sweet talk Helen that you'll be building an engine!
2) start saving! F4r tuning don't come cheap! Lol!

Helens easily baffled, so I can make it sound like its something I really need in my life haha.

And as for saving, I'll have to crack on with the foreigners or ot haha

340i
You'll need to do 2 things then mate:
1) start early and sweet talk Helen that you'll be building an engine!
2) start saving! F4r tuning don't come cheap! Lol!

This.

Helens easily baffled, so I can make it sound like its something I really need in my life haha.

And as for saving, I'll have to crack on with the foreigners or ot haha

This.

Yeah natalie was the same up until the point when boxes started turning up! Got rumbled! Lol!

Then this for me :eek: "so how much have you actually spent on this engine?" "oh, erm only £100, Laura"

Megane r26
Yeah natalie was the same up until the point when boxes started turning up! Got rumbled! Lol!

I do even better, I have one of me sisters sitting in at mine waiting for deliveries whilst I'm at work! Helen can't believe me cheek haha.

This.

This.

Then this for me :eek: "so how much have you actually spent on this engine?" "oh, erm only £100, Laura"

Yeah it's always good to have a little stash so it doesn't look as bad haha

340i
Before Christmas I had forged pistons, rods, ARP fasteners, a box of Renault parts, boost pipes and 15L of oil on my desk at work LOL ;)

Megane r26
Before Christmas I had forged pistons, rods, ARP fasteners, a box of Renault parts, boost pipes and 15L of oil on my desk at work LOL ;)

I've got an even better place and it's right under Helens nose haha, the bed is a "otterman" so designed to lift up. Thing is Helen can't lift it so it's my little stash place haha

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have a full 197 engine in bits in my loft currently along with some tasty performance parts. The part of the loft it's in means its directly over the top of the bathroom, namely the bath itself. Oh how I chuckle to myself when the wife goes for a bath and lays there staring at the ceiling. If only she knew what could possibly fall through it and give her a bruise or 2...............lol!
Good job the 197 crank is 1.5kgs lighter! Flol

340i
Hows yours coming on Gray? You got a thread?

I've got a thread on RSMegane.com

Head rebuilt with recut valve seats, supertech valves, pressure tested.

Block bored and honed to 83.00mm

Piston rings gapped and fitted

Just painted the block up, needs a second coat then time to build it :)

Megane r26
I've got a thread on RSMegane.com

Head rebuilt with recut valve seats, supertech valves, pressure tested.

Block bored and honed to 83.00mm

Piston rings gapped and fitted

Just painted the block up, needs a second coat then time to build it :)

Awesome, what sort of figures you hoping for?

340i
Awesome, what sort of figures you hoping for?

Nothing too crazy. Around 330bhp on my current turbo / cam set up. ;)

I've been offered the opportunity to send my cams to Piper for re-profiling, but nobody has changed the megane cams unless running a big boy GTX turbo. So it's an unknown on what benefit it would make?!

Megane r26
Nothing too crazy. Around 330bhp on my current turbo / cam set up. ;)

I've been offered the opportunity to send my cams to Piper for re-profiling, but nobody has changed the megane cams unless running a big boy GTX turbo. So it's an unknown on what benefit it would make?!

Sweet, guess it'll be nice reliable power though at those numbers. Any plans to go further afterwards?

340i
Sweet, guess it'll be nice reliable power though at those numbers. Any plans to go further afterwards?

That's the plan, a reliable engine that can take hammer without me worrying.

Any more power on an F4R is mega money, certainly more than I want to spend on it! Bigger turbo, manifolds, fuel system etc.

Megane r26
That's the plan, a reliable engine that can take hammer without me worrying.

Any more power on an F4R is mega money, certainly more than I want to spend on it! Bigger turbo, manifolds, fuel system etc.

Gets daft, plus I always think renault sports excel in the handling department. Too much power and the true essence is lost in my opinion.