ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R proven tuning spec list please

Clio 182
This is my first post and I apologise if it is a question asked 10000 times. I’m currently a 182 owner.

However I am looking for help to spec a F4R build. I’m very likely to use K-tec itbs but apart from that I’m wondering about which camshafts would be best. And if arp bolts, head gasket etc are essential?

It is going in a conversion which I’m likely to get lynched for if I name😑

Thanks for any help.

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
+1 for pure.

Don't need arp.

OE bolts, head gasket ect.

What power do you want. I have itbs in a race car and have over 200hp at the front wheels.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

Clio 182
+1 for pure.

Don't need arp.

OE bolts, head gasket ect.

What power do you want. I have itbs in a race car and have over 200hp at the front wheels.

Thanks for the info. Around 200 @ fly would be ideal for budget as it’s going in a 700 kg shell. Take it your race car is high spec?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve been running a ktec built engine for 8 years now with their itb’s never had a problem with it apart from new injectors. Basically built to oe spec but with 84mm high compression pistons and rods...also got arp bolts for piece of mind and 182 manifold.
Pretty standard head/cams with uprated valve springs.. 201bhp 165ftlb.
Mk2 golf rad.
If I was doing it again I’d be going for the pure motorsport Itb setup and their radiator.

Got new cam belt etc next week and schrick cams going in. Can tell you the results of them, then.

Clio 182
I’ve been running a ktec built engine for 8 years now with their itb’s never had a problem with it apart from new injectors. Basically built to oe spec but with 84mm high compression pistons and rods...also got arp bolts for piece of mind and 182 manifold.
Pretty standard head/cams with uprated valve springs.. 201bhp 165ftlb.
Mk2 golf rad.
If I was doing it again I’d be going for the pure motorsport Itb setup and their radiator.

Got new cam belt etc next week and schrick cams going in. Can tell you the results of them, then.

Thanks! Good to know. After the recommendations I’ll probably go with the PMS itb’s. Had abit of a look about for pistons online. I’ll probably go for a very similar spec. If you keep me updated about cams that would be appreciated.

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Yes it is.

I give you some details.

Pure motor sport headers, ported head, exhaust.
Supertech double valve springs, titanium retainers and valves. Head assembled by pure.

Jenvey throttle bodies.

Wossner pistons 11:1 with pec rods. I'd go for the pure ones if I'd do It again.

Cat cams Cam and Cam adjuster.

Running e85 with a emtron after market engine management system.

I have found at this power level the weak point of the Clio has been front drive shaft. (have 2 gearboxes, one welded diff, one quaiffe) and gear shift forks as the plastic ends can't handle the load, fall off then you break syncros followed by gears.

If using on high load tracks with light weight car a must is upgrading rear disk and hubs (pure have a kit) unless you like loosing a rear wheel and hub on track. Which can be very nasty from experience.

Highly recommended the ktr 750 club suspension (spax)

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Thanks! Good to know. After the recommendations I’ll probably go with the PMS itb’s. Had abit of a look about for pistons online. I’ll probably go for a very similar spec. If you keep me updated about cams that would be appreciated.
Mk2 radiator is great with itbs as Clio one gets in the way.

Clio 182
Yes it is.

I give you some details.

Pure motor sport headers, ported head, exhaust.
Supertech double valve springs, titanium retainers and valves. Head assembled by pure.

Jenvey throttle bodies.

Wossner pistons 11:1 with pec rods. I'd go for the pure ones if I'd do It again.

Cat cams Cam and Cam adjuster.

Running e85 with a emtron after market engine management system.

I have found at this power level the weak point of the Clio has been front drive shaft. (have 2 gearboxes, one welded diff, one quaiffe) and gear shift forks as the plastic ends can't handle the load, fall off then you break syncros followed by gears.

If using on high load tracks with light weight car a must is upgrading rear disk and hubs (pure have a kit) unless you like loosing a rear wheel and hub on track. Which can be very nasty from experience.

Highly recommended the ktr 750 club suspension (spax)

Thanks! Wasn’t expecting so much help. Regarding suspension an rear hubs I will keep that in mind for my 182. However this is going in a nova. Sorry if that offends anyone