ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, definitely been a few moments! That bit with the bear was the worst... by far. But the surprise attacks by feral ghouls in the subways are creepy as fcuk with the sound right up!

Get it bought fella... or wait until i've done it, and i'll mail it to you for a bit?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
just read about ten pages of this game really does sound awesome!
has everybody played the other 2 i havent and dont want to be wandering about
for days not knowing what to look for or do.

1.8 Civic EX

I've not played the others....I think this is just a complete new story line and the only relevance to the others is that it's set after a nuclar war...

I was creeping around some building last night and I could here these super mutants chatting to each other...was piss funny...they were taking the piss out of each other and laughing saythings like like "it's funny when you talk, you sound like a stupid human" lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, definitely been a few moments! That bit with the bear was the worst... by far. But the surprise attacks by feral ghouls in the subways are creepy as fcuk with the sound right up!

Get it bought fella... or wait until i've done it, and i'll mail it to you for a bit?

Aye - FLF's they are too. I purposely wait for the opportune moment of point-blank combat shotgun hits to the head. BLAM!

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL

I can't find a decent condition combat shotgun anywhere!

I had to spend major wedge on mine to bring it up to standards with the rest of my arsenal. :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.... ;)

Fallout 3 is obviously the next in-line game to the previous games, but this is the first one that's been handled by Bethesda Softworks.

The previous three Fallouts where all isometric-ish viewpoint games that played heavily on the RPG elements and had no 1st-person viewpoints. They were:-

• Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood of Steel
Arguably, the BoS game was the best of the trio. I didn't like the original Fallout much, but it did score highly with the press and gamers alike at the time of release.

All the previous Fallout games were published and created in some way by Interplay, who in turn had produced the truly iconic Wasteland back in 1988. Available on Apple Mac, C-64 and slightly later on the PC, it was released by Electronic Arts and still represents my most memorable and enjoyable game on any platform to date.

As a consequence (and probably on purpose?) - there are many references that hark back to the original Wasteland; as I mentioned earlier. Although Wasteland was set in the mid-west around the Las Vegas area - the post-nuclear war setting and 'background' are almost exactly the same.

So far, I've seen the following 'links' :-

• BB gun in the vault - one of the first weapons you come across when wandering in Wasteland.
  • The entire Fallout 3 environment is called the wasteland(s) ;)
  • The Church of Atom is very similar in name (and weirdos) to the Church of the Mushroom Cloud in Wasteland.
  • There is a place called The Citadel in both games.
  • On the android connection in Fallout 3 - there was a character called Max within Wasteland. He had escaped from 'robot-plan' of the machines taking over.
  • On one of the terminals when being hacked, one of the passwords on display is Cochise - one of the secret bases within Wasteland.
  • Both power armour and cyborg skills feature heavily in both games.
  • The S.P.E.C.I.A.L list is almost a clone of those available when choosing stats for your Wasteland players.
...err, I'll leave it for now. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_(computer_game)

D.

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^ LOL. Uber g33kshon. But I love it. Nice work! :approve:

I'm trying to decide whether you lost or gained cool-points there, Darren ;)

Nice info though!

Sorry chaps - but back in the day, I just played this game to death! Who needed to revise for mock-GCSEs when I had various shizzle to sort out in the Nevada desert, eh? ;) I've even got an email from Alan Pavlish (one of the designer's of WL) that addressed me directly (it was from a forum post)...

:hail: I am SO not worthy..... :hail:

D. (.......Friday Afternoon's g33k rating = Off the Scale)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren, what's the spec of the machine you're using BTW?

It looks amazingly crisp!

Just above average, I'd say these days m8....

AMD Athlon X2 6400+
4GB DDR2-800 OCZ mem
ATi 4870 graphics card (with 4xAA on. I might try 8xAA and see if that batters it)
All sat on an Asus M2N32-SLi mobo...

....oh, and of course, Windows XP. ;)

D.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
you'll get more, I've got about 10 now.....and when you get to GNR for the first time you'll know what to do with it ;)

I've also got 13 stealth boys lol, I just keep finding them

I didn't have a fatboy when I got to GNR for the first time, I did have a missile launcher and that didn't do much good.

13?! Out of interest, what is your luck stat? I think I put mine to 3...

Oic

I haven't even got as far in the story as GNR yet

I restarted last night, slayed everyone in Megaton, blew it all up. Went to Tenpenny, slayed them. Now I'm going to tell the Ghouls they can have Tenpenny, then I might leave them alone.

Then I shall head to GNR and carry on the story.

Has anyone gone back to inspect their handiwork in Megaton?

It's actually pretty crazy how different two stories can be... I'm on 30 hours now (although I'm sure I was asleep for at least 10), and have just got to GNR, have spent all that time doing trades, working for people in Megaton etc.

Haven't been to Tenpenny either!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Since i can't be arsed looking back through this thread... what's the way into the forward part of Rivet City? Is it underwater? :S

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Since i can't be arsed looking back through this thread... what's the way into the forward part of Rivet City? Is it underwater? :S

The Broken Bow? Indeed it is.

Its between the main part and broken part. Right in the middle, go underwater and you'll find a door. Once you're in, you'll no doubt run out of oxygen, but its ok, as when you regenerate you'll be in the same position but with a full oxygen tank. You may die several more times while searching for the doors underwater, and you have to be fairly quick, or go back up looking for air pockets.

There are also Mirelurks down there.

Once you get out of the water though, BOTN. 3 Stealthboys in Pinkertons workshop. Dont kill him, either. He's part of a few missions. If he attacks you coz he's caught you looting, just ward him off with a few shots to the head. PMSL.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I found a stealthboy somewhere, can't remember where

What do they do?

Give you a Sneek rating of 100 and a Stealth Radius of 75. So practically invisible to everyone. Awesome for pickpocketing and the like. Especially useful in Rivet City where the market traders have good items and keys etc, or against Caravan Traders.

It only lasts for a couple of minutes, though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Give you a Sneek rating of 100 and a Stealth Radius of 75. So practically invisible to everyone. Awesome for pickpocketing and the like. Especially useful in Rivet City where the market traders have good items and keys etc, or against Caravan Traders.

It only lasts for a couple of minutes, though.

i can imagine cookie taking to long and appearing crouched down picking the guys pockets... kicking ensued.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i got caught robbin from doc (FELLA AT MEGATON) eveyone just gang rapped me! I've also killed moriarty and his goons, oh yea and wiped out the mutants at germantown police station hunting rifle FTW

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i got caught robbin from doc (FELLA AT MEGATON) eveyone just gang rapped me! I've also killed moriarty and his goons, oh yea and wiped out the mutants at germantown police station hunting rifle FTW

I hate that. They all singin' Eminem and Jay Z sh*t at you? Pain in da ass, man. Knows.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ha ha ha my bad im on my ps3 typin this thus why "fella in megaton" is in caps

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I one shot sniped a security guard in Tenpenny in the throat, it was ace :D

(With the sniper rifle I stole from Tenpenny when I shot him in the face)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Combat Shotgun is ace, but its condition and value deteriorates quicker than a Clio V6.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The Broken Bow? Indeed it is.

Its between the main part and broken part. Right in the middle, go underwater and you'll find a door. Once you're in, you'll no doubt run out of oxygen, but its ok, as when you regenerate you'll be in the same position but with a full oxygen tank. You may die several more times while searching for the doors underwater, and you have to be fairly quick, or go back up looking for air pockets.

There are also Mirelurks down there.

Once you get out of the water though, BOTN. 3 Stealthboys in Pinkertons workshop. Dont kill him, either. He's part of a few missions. If he attacks you coz he's caught you looting, just ward him off with a few shots to the head. PMSL.

COD4 Hardcore, it is not ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
thankfully I'm away this weekend so time will fly, but it better be here for Monday and my day off!

1.8 Civic EX
I didn't have a fatboy when I got to GNR for the first time, I did have a missile launcher and that didn't do much good.

13?! Out of interest, what is your luck stat? I think I put mine to 3...

It's actually pretty crazy how different two stories can be... I'm on 30 hours now (although I'm sure I was asleep for at least 10), and have just got to GNR, have spent all that time doing trades, working for people in Megaton etc.

Haven't been to Tenpenny either!

lol not sure...it's one of the lowest of my stats but it's highers than 3....I leterally search EVERYTHING, I've got loads of good s**t....

oh and you get the FAT Boy off one of the Brotherhood of Steel in that location....makes things much easier ;)