ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hmmm, just had a treck to rivet city, located it, couldnt get inside? could only see 1 door which was locked.

on another note i went through the subway tunels and found the museum which i aint been inside yet,

The Museum's a good place. If you don't head straight into the Underworld first, but off to one of the museum's wing's instead - is a section with loads of feral ghouls. Good combat shotgun practice, ;)

Upstairs in that wing, in a glass case, you'll find Lincoln's Repeater. It uses the same .44 ammo as the scoped Magnum, so its quite scarce but very powerful.

D.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I sold my Lincoln Repeater... Then when I shot him, Never got it back :(

Now got a Scoped Magnum tho... One shot, One Kill... Right between the eyes :D R.I.P Dogmeat, kept him alive for ages... he somehow came to an end in the Museum :( I'll go find that Psycho Bodyguard at Paradise instead me thinks LOL!! I also found Pilkington or whatever he's called last night, no idea who Android is STILL, or where to find him!? Also got 1000 Caps, when I found that Brothers real name at the Citadel :D Then made level 14. I need to find the Family now to, but I got to scared now, plus I can't find em' anywhere :S

172//Crap Micra//Bus
BTW... I uncovered loads of random areas on the map last night (popped off over 1000 5.56 rounds, and got Talon Power Armour), but still havn't found the Hospital, or the Whitehouse!! Where the Hell are they?! On another note... is there anyway you can hijack an Enclave Vertibird?!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I came across Tenpenny Tower yesterday. I was planning to go in and have a look around, perhaps get hold of the suite somehow?

Anyway, the guy on the intercom was a c**t, so I bribed him 100 caps to let me in, and vowed to make that money back;) Heads rolled. Dogmeat DESTROYED the civilians, it was hilarious.

Made about 3000 caps plus all the inventory items I've got sat in Megaton (none of the traders have any money left because I have sold them all too much so need to wait for them to get more).

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i found loads of places yesterday down the bottom left corner of the map, i got on the rivit city this morn lol after being a complete boob n not realising that all i had to do was get on the intercom lol, and ive got rid of all the mutants in the gift shop at the filtration place just about to re-enter.

White Sti Hatch
i found loads of places yesterday down the bottom left corner of the map, i got on the rivit city this morn lol after being a complete boob n not realising that all i had to do was get on the intercom lol, and ive got rid of all the mutants in the gift shop at the filtration place just about to re-enter.

I did the exact same mate your not alone lol !!

The more I read this thread, the more I want to give this a blast, yet I know 'a blast' isn't enough to give it justice and time contrsaints won't allow anything more!

White Sti Hatch
The more I read this thread, the more I want to give this a blast, yet I know 'a blast' isn't enough to give it justice and time contrsaints won't allow anything more!

its what ive been doing with it mate still worth a go

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still in the White House myself - how big is that place!? Once I get out of there, I'm not too sure where to head. That's what I think is superb about Fallout 3. You finish with one location and just head wherever you want to next.

D.

Punto/Clio GTT
so far i aint really had any s**t my pants moments, but the feeling you get when you think youre about to s**t your pants, like going round sewers and that, awesome.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've done quite a bit over the weekend. I'm still only on the Citadel mission following the main story (got the Power Armour training done, then left).

Got me some Enclave Power Armour and a Helmet, does the job a trick or treat, TBH. Well impressed. Shame about the weight rating of 45, but I have the Strong Back perk, and also the Cyborg perk now, which is highly recommended (10% toughness and resistance which is basically like free armour, and increase in Energy Weapons and stuff too! Much better than the standard Toughness perk IMO, but then I think that has 3 ranks)

Has anyone else got the Xuanlong Assault Rifle yet? You get it by guessing the codes in the computers on Three Dogs mission (in the Museum of Tech). Its a sort of side quest, in a few of the terminals there is an option that says, "#001" and you have to break the code. Then when that is done, the next terminal somewhere says, "#002" etc.
Anyway, its all about Prime numbers. When that is cracked, you get information about Prime (who set the codebreaker in the first place) and his body will appear in the Diner at Jury Street Metro Station with the Xuanlong gun on him. Its basically an enhanced version of the Chinese Assault Rifle, but its bloody good!

Last night I did quite a fair bit for Moira in her Wasteland Survival Guide subquest. Completed the Mirelurk and Rivet City missions, and next I have to head to RobCo facility and a Library somewhere.

I also ransacked Evergreen Mills bandit camp (where they are holding a Behemoth captive in a massive, electrically charged cage). Enclave Armour + Xuanlong rifle vs Many Raiders = WIN. You can pick up so much stuff there, including caps, weapons, ammo etc. etc. Also, inside the main place, there is a Bazarr and a guy there who has the "Terrible Shotgun". I got him to repair all my armour and weapons (I have over 3k caps), then killed him, took all my caps back and looted him, taking this unique shotgun in the process. From the couple of times I've used it, its f*cking awesome!! :evil: This camp is East of Smiths Garage (which is way out West from Megaton)

I then raided the rest of the place, including a few safes, read the magazines I picked up (increasing my Skills) and went back outside, stood on a stationary train carriage, shot the generator holding the Behemoth captive, and slowly picked him off, earning me massive XP and 99 caps when I looted the beast :cool:
Funny as hell too, as when it died, it fell forwards, crushing the only raider I hadnt killed off! Went down and all you can see are the raiders legs sticking out! PMSL.

Oh, did the Oasis mission too, where you have to kill Harolds heart. Or not, whatever your choice may be. The Germantown Police HQ, littered with Super Mutants FTL, is a hard path quest, too. Thats all part of the Big Town subquest. Hopefully I'll try and find Paradise Falls or Little Lamplight tonight. :)

Absolutely fantastic game, and I've yet to explore so much! I'm almost on Level 16 at the moment.

Octy VRS
The missus is taking our son to her folks next week. Although I'll miss them it means 6 nights free pass for Fallout.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
im trying to get a bloody violin at the moment didnt think that would be a mission in a game like this

Oh yeah, thats another quest I have in reserve. Havent started it yet. Apparently the reward is sweet, sweet music via radio. Oh, and if your speech/barter level is high enough, a unique Magnum 44 which she has lying around. Oh yis :cool:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Anyone got the Alien blaster yet from the crash site?

It is O-some.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You have a manual and it's not in there?? Refund!

It will be in there, but I'm actually trying not to spoil anything but revealing clues etc. Have just read up on Skills and Perks and what best to use et al. Obviously looked at a few locations to give me a helping hand, too, but not in great depth. Really happy just wandering around and finding things out myself for the moment :cool:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
North of the scrap yard. North Past the power startion. You see a house with a hole in it like something crashed through it. At the other side is a wrecked UFO. The body of the alien is laid in front of it. You pick up the Alien blaster and its powercells which glow green.

Basically anything you shoot with the blaster turns to dust. You then search the dust for items. Great when your in the s**t but ammo is very limited. Apparently there are only 3 places on the map with it and only one blaster.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
North of the scrap yard. North Past the power startion. You see a house with a hole in it like something crashed through it. At the other side is a wrecked UFO. The body of the alien is laid in front of it. You pick up the Alien blaster and its powercells which glow green.

Basically anything you shoot with the blaster turns to dust. You then search the dust for items. Great when your in the s**t but ammo is very limited. Apparently there are only 3 places on the map with it and only one blaster.

The Android at Rivet City also gives you his A3-21 Plasma Rifle during a mission. Headshots are mintage. A critical hit will also cause the enemy to turn to a green goo.

Tis an awesome weapon, and worth well over 2000 caps when he gives you it.

german
You know you've played too much Fallout 3 when your mobile alarm goes off on Monday morning and you hit silent and glance at the screen and read "Keypad locked average"

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How does everyone hack computer treminals.

Open it. Write them down. Then keep closing and opening it till only the same word seems to be repeated?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Oh and how many times have you employed the 'Fcuk VAT's i'm going to run backwards while strafing everything in sight with 5.56mm rounds till i'm safe' tactic?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How does everyone hack computer treminals.

Write them down. Then keep closing and opening it till only the same word seems to be repeated?

Bit of a long winded, and confusing method, but its really easy and basic, it just looks crazy :

Open the terminal, then scroll through the code and look for any enclosed brackets such as () [] {} <> etc. They will highlight if they are available. So if there is something like (*//>.*) you select the first ( which will highlight the rest of the code as there is a closure bracket at the end. Click it and it will remove a dud/false word from the selection. Just go through the entire code first, ignoring the words, and if 1 or more blocks is highlighted (due to them being within closed brackets), click them and get rid of a few words first. Also, if there is a code that looks like this : (*//<>.\{*}{) there's 3 selections there, so remember to take out them all! Like I said, the best way to do this is go through the entire code one by one. If a block of more than 1 is highlighted, you can click it to remove a word. Dont click on any single characters if nothing else is highlighted.

Apparently, when you click on a word, it will give you a hint at how close you are to getting the correct word. It will say something like 2/5. This not only means that 2 letters are correct in the word you've chosen, but also that they're in the correct place. So single out other words that have those letters and in the same place, then make another choice.

If you get to three attempts without success, and you arent 100% on getting it right on the final try, exit and start again. Log back in and get rid of the enclosed brackets first, again!

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
Bit of a long winded, and confusing method, but its really easy and basic, it just looks crazy :

Open the terminal, then scroll through the code and look for any enclosed brackets such as () [] {} <> etc. They will highlight if they are available. So if there is something like (*//>.*) you select the first ( which will highlight the rest of the code as there is a closure bracket at the end. Click it and it will remove a dud/false word from the selection. Just go through the entire code first, ignoring the words, and if 1 or more blocks is highlighted (due to them being within closed brackets), click them and get rid of a few words first. Also, if there is a code that looks like this : (*//<>.\{*}{) there's 3 selections there, so remember to take out them all! Like I said, the best way to do this is go through the entire code one by one. If a block of more than 1 is highlighted, you can click it to remove a word. Dont click on any single characters if nothing else is highlighted.

Apparently, when you click on a word, it will give you a hint at how close you are to getting the correct word. It will say something like 2/5. This not only means that 2 letters are correct in the word you've chosen, but also that they're in the correct place. So single out other words that have those letters and in the same place, then make another choice.

If you get to three attempts without success, and you arent 100% on getting it right on the final try, exit and start again. Log back in and get rid of the enclosed brackets first, again!

PMSL, I never knew any of that....I just guess every time, try three times, If i didn't get it, close it, open it again and try another three times.

trial and error ftw! rather satisfying getting it right on the first guess too lol!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anyone been to Paradise Falls?

Go there. Now.

I Fat Man'd the slavers, looted everything and made a fortune. There's a well-stocked gun store too... like Flak & Shapnel's.

The down-side though, is that you get positive karma for killing them :(

...So i shotgunned every single captured slave.

Balance: Restored.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Go there. Now.

I Fat Man'd the slavers, looted everything and made a fortune.

...So i shotgunned every slave in the pens.

My karma is through the f*cking roof, TBH. On my status I even have a Godly beard. No idea how I managed this. Check my post from previous page. I menion Paradise Falls, following your tip off yesterday ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
anybody been to the armory east of the scrap yard? ive also part of the brotherhood now and i ripped through the armory n then headed to a small town with two freeks fighting each other one dressed as a robot n one as an ant killed the antwoman lol n got 200 caps for doing so lol oh yea ive been back into volt 101 aswell its messed up in there, obviously ive been in volt 112 had to kill everyone felt quite bad about it actually lol i know cookie wouldnt as it would of been all part of a days work, i also found some rusty brotherhood boys knocking about there at 112. (how random is my report lol) loving the citidel tho for free ammo n aid

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My karma is through the f*cking roof, TBH. On my status I even have a Godly beard. No idea how I managed this. Check my post from previous page. I menion Paradise Falls, following your tip off yesterday ;)

Ah yes, that headless tip-off... ;)

Shortly after i text you with that i found another trader with his Brahmin.

VATS. Fat Man. Done.

Jericho laughed too, which was awesome

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Go there. Now.

I Fat Man'd the slavers, looted everything and made a fortune. There's a well-stocked gun store too... like Flak & Shapnel's.

...So i shotgunned every single captured slave.

i went to the gun store and took all the guns off the counter before the shop owner came from the basement, I then legged it out of the store before being spotted, loads of weapons/ammo and no bad karma, lol. I just got my collector's guide which looks awesome with a big pull out map too, bad news is my power supply on my PC has just gone pop and it will be days if not weeks before I get a replacement out of Corsair, F**K.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Haha! Skills!

I went for the "kick-the-door-down-then-heatshot-the-owner-with-shotgun" approach.

It did affect my Karma though. ;)