ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Id object to being called stupid because I dont have £100's to spend on a PC and upgrades. I spent a good few years playing games on PC's and I became irritated with the constant FPS drop, hardware issues, patches and hassle that came with doing it. I think anyone who bashes people for NOT playing games on PCs is a ring-nut worthy of a falcon punch to the kidneys.

I agree. The one's who sit in their ivory towers and denounce everything un-PC as 'wrong' - are clearly wrong themselves.

But the OP has got a point. Games on PCs used to follow one track - proudly come with 400+ page manuals (Falcon 4.0, anyone?) - while console gamers were happy jumping up and down on platforms, trying to collect various stars/mushrooms/etc with their cutesy Jap-inspired character. Us PC lot grew up with patches. We knew that the constant stream of updates was merely par for the course. We even looked forward to them!

On the flip-side in what I think were the halcyon days of consoles - you'd never see superb games like Tekken or Gran Turismo or any of the dozens of great football games making the transfer to PC - because that was not what the platform was about.

Unfortunately, the bean-counters have taken over now - and unless a game can cross the PC/360 and PS3 boundaries all in one hit, then it's very unlikely to hits the shelves. There are exceptions, of course, but it just appears to be too much hassle for developers these days to focus on expansive hardware potential that most PCs have.

And because of that, the PC owners do get held back. Even if I went out and bought a new i7 Intel setup, a lot of my money would be wasted because the main game-base now is cross platform. It's simple. The potential for say £500 worth of 4870x2 cards has to also cater for what the £130 XBox360 can cope with.

It is a shame, but I do think that the PC platform may have reached its peak with gaming - simply due to factors beyonds its (or anyone else's) control. I SO hope I'm wrong.

Wasn't there a link on that original Fallout 3 forum that of all the sales of that game, the PC only accounted for 17%? :(

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lustchickkn5copy-1.jpg

;)

Absolutely f*cking brilliant!! :cool:

172 cup
Wasn't there a link on that original Fallout 3 forum that of all the sales of that game, the PC only accounted for 17%? :(

D.

I think the fact of how easy it is to pirate pc games has alot to do with the developers making less games for the pc. They seem to be releasing them much later than the consoles too, take gte iv for example, its only now coming out on the pc. They do need to make money, but until the pc games have some sort of online registration to make sure you have bought the game, which some games have had e.g battlefield, but still only to play it online, I think we as pc gamers will start to take the backseat.
I do play PC games much more than I do my 360, the way the games are customiseable is a massive draw for me, changing the way the games look and play.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finally thought I'd enter the Tower. I've passed it a few times, but I had a plan....

ScreenShot44.jpg

Went upstairs to see Mr. Tenpenny. I suddenly came over 'all Cookie' and introduced him to a couple of combat shotgun rounds to the face. ;)

ScreenShot45.jpg

Managed to get a yao guai airbourne - from a point blank SMG burst? ROFL. :S

ScreenShot46.jpg

....and stooby - good points, there m8. And I agree - unless they really get to grips with protecting their software on the PC, then I guess they will be struggling.

Would be good to get Lee's viewpoint on this...

D.

White Sti Hatch
no matter how hard to they try protect it there will always been some one out there figuring out how to crack it ! plus it costs a lot to protect software !

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
no matter how hard to they try protect it there will always been some one out there figuring out how to crack it ! plus it costs a lot to protect software !

There will always be ways to get around the protection, but I think if you can deter the majority of casual gamers - then they will make inroads. Steam seems to be a good method so far - especially when new games that you buy can be activated on Steam as well - even out of the DVD case.

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm much more advanced now, loads of caps, level 5, big weapons, had a good old walk around taking out plenty of Super Mutants and Raiders, acheived a few things but am struggling to find the route to GNR? Just couldn't seem to get to it?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I just got into Paradise Falls :D Now I have to find a little kid to abduct... surely that is slightly wrong LOL

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm much more advanced now, loads of caps, level 5, big weapons, had a good old walk around taking out plenty of Super Mutants and Raiders, acheived a few things but am struggling to find the route to GNR? Just couldn't seem to get to it?

Same here. I'm on level 15 and wandered around near GNR but never actually found it. Jacked that idea in and wandered off elsewhere. :)

D.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
FFS.

Just been paddling around in the water around the front half of the Rivet City boat. Got myself some nice rad exposure (and by nice I mean bad).

Anyway, after drowning a couple of times (I do love the way on this game as soon as you're out of air you're fucked, makes sense though rather than SLOWLY dying) I managed to find the lower levels where the floor is only part submerged in water... Then what do we have here?!

Anyway I got owned and jumped like hell.

On a lighter note, I bought a Fat Man from Flak.. Am a bit dissappointed tbh! I thought, mini nuke. That's going to pwn, but the explosion isn't that great imo.

P.S. Nice one Ryan lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
GNR is found by travelling through the few Underground stations littered around it. You venture through a building and emerge to the courtyard of GNR, to a very unwelcome surprise :eek:

I've just done the mission for Three Dog and went back to him and he gave me the directions and key to a weapons cache at Hamiltons Hideaway. Ah-ha! So thats how you unlock the gate! ;) He gave me this because I already knew the information about my dad, which is what he was offering originally.
Was gonna cap him in the head, but decided he was a pretty decent character, and didnt want the Brotherhood of Steel to turn on me, either.

Before bed last night, I headed off to Tenpenny Towers for the first time. Met a few Enclave idiots on the way there, one group actually having a Deathclaw in a cage, which they set loose on me! C*nts! :mad:

Anyway, got into Tenpenny before switching off. Need to make a decision on helping them get rid of the ghouls, or helping the ghouls inside and getting the Ghoul mask as a reward. Choices choices.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
GNR is found by travelling through the few Underground stations littered around it. You venture through a building and emerge to the courtyard of GNR, to a very unwelcome surprise :eek:

I've just done the mission for Three Dog and went back to him and he gave me the directions and key to a weapons cache at Hamiltons Hideaway. Ah-ha! So thats how you unlock the gate! ;) He gave me this because I already knew the information about my dad, which is what he was offering originally.
Was gonna cap him in the head, but decided he was a pretty decent character, and didnt want the Brotherhood of Steel to turn on me, either.

Before bed last night, I headed off to Tenpenny Towers for the first time. Met a few Enclave idiots on the way there, one group actually having a Deathclaw in a cage, which they set loose on me! C*nts! :mad:

Anyway, got into Tenpenny before switching off. Need to make a decision on helping them get rid of the ghouls, or helping the ghouls inside and getting the Ghoul mask as a reward. Choices choices.

That's the way I'm heading... :)

D.

Octy VRS
Was making my way to Vault 112 and noticed a big tower building towards the left hand side. Is that the one in DarrenS post above. What is it?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I went on a huge explore last night, i'd never been further north than Evergreen Mills, so thought i'd head into the unknown.

I must've found twenty new locations and so much loot! I levelled up twice too... which is a good job since i decided to load my save-game with Dogmeat still alive. I'm almost Level 14... again.

Saw a Deathclaw fighting a Yao Guio too... awesome.

Also fought my first Giant Radscorpion.... fcuk me, those things are fast!

It must've looked pretty funny... me, running backwards at full speed, sh*tting myself, unloading entire clips into it's face.

Also levelled on luck now, too. Increased chance on decapitation FTW.

I fcuking love this game

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've killed off plenty of radscorpions now, got loads of their poison glands to sell. I just seem to be exploring and finding items at the moment, the quests don't seem to be coming together for me. I've got to find "The Family" and someone's dad but don't know where to look.

1.8 Civic EX
I've killed off plenty of radscorpions now, got loads of their poison glands to sell. I just seem to be exploring and finding items at the moment, the quests don't seem to be coming together for me. I've got to find "The Family" and someone's dad but don't know where to look.

That'll be your dad your looking for I would think....

Look on the map and you'll see a cinema and a station not too far from it. Go to that station, thats where the family are

literally talk to everyone that you can talk too, whereever you go and you'll missions popping up all over the place. Everytime you get a new mission it puts a marker on the map where to go to do that mission.

Am I the only one that has the Skin like Tree Bark Perk? Not seen anyone else mention it yet..

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
no its not my dad, it's some little lad's that came up to me outside the Super-Duper-Mart. I said I'd find him for him then just f00ked off exploring, lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That'll be your dad your looking for I would think....

Look on the map and you'll see a cinema and a station not too far from it. Go to that station, thats where the family are

literally talk to everyone that you can talk too, whereever you go and you'll missions popping up all over the place. Everytime you get a new mission it puts a marker on the map where to go to do that mission.

Am I the only one that has the Skin like Tree Bark Perk? Not seen anyone else mention it yet..

Nope - not picked that yet. Though I did select the Adominiumuiunuim skeleton (or whatever its called) that made your limbs far less likely to get crippled...

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Was making my way to Vault 112 and noticed a big tower building towards the left hand side. Is that the one in DarrenS post above. What is it?

That is indeed Tenpenny Tower. If you've got a Stealthboy and a frag grenade handy, there's a ghoul outside waiting to get in. Put the frag in his pocket and walk away.... ;)

D.

Octy VRS
I have a few Stealthboys and a few frags too. I'll make my way over there after I've left Vault 112.

Also fought my first Giant Radscorpion.... fcuk me, those things are fast!

It must've looked pretty funny... me, running backwards at full speed, sh*tting myself, unloading entire clips into it's face.

It was only a couple of nights ago I realised that there are two types of Radscorpion...basically found myself over near the edge of map and two Radscorpions attacked - pretty much jumped out in front of me....

As I ran backwards I thought hmmmm....one of those looks bigger than the other lol!

Although saying that I must have killed a few previously since you get 4 poison glands from the Giants and only one from the little'uns!

This game just keeps on impressing me. Up to level 15 but hardly done any of the main quest....have just put the antenna on the monument. And still need to find a fat boy since I've got 7 mini nukes and nothing to fire them with!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
quick question, the main dude that is always part of the marketing, what are they? Soldiers? I met a couple the other night and they just ignored me so I let them go, I'm now thinking I should have opened a can of whoop-ass on them and stole their fcuking cool looking armour.

Clio Dynamique 16v
^^^ power armour

if you kill those (bad idea) you get their armour but can't use it until you get pwer armour trained

do the main quest missions, you come across it eventually :D