ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Anyone been to Paradise Falls?

Go there. Now.

I Fat Man'd the slavers, looted everything and made a fortune. There's a well-stocked gun store too... like Flak & Shapnel's.

The down-side though, is that you get positive karma for killing them :(

...So i shotgunned every single captured slave.

Balance: Restored.

I might go back there now i'm packing Jerico and Dog meat!

The first raid was an epic fail.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love Jericho, he's a fcuking psycho...

Just don't give him the Fat Man, he has a habit of using it at every opportunity. Like inside a tavern, resulting in failure.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Whist fighting a super mutant he shot me in the back by acident. I still handed out some punishment with a sledge hammer.

Punto/Clio GTT
i went to paradise falls a few days ago but he said to enter i gotta use a persuader thing on 4 people, so went to rivet city first to do missions there instead

you just need to persuade one person to get in i did it with the bloke in rivet city

once in you can set the kids free from little lamplight

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the sniper at Minefield is piss easy to get with the mesmatron (plus you then get his sniper rifle ofcourse ;))

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just as a side note, I am absolutely shocked at the amount of detail that has gone into so many features in this game.

For example, while in the Oasis, I placed a frag mine on the floor of one of the narrow caves, in the hope that a mirelurk would walk straight into it. I saw him running towards it - and me, before slowing and stopping, looking down at the mine, grumbling something to himself, before sidestepping it and almost tip toeing past it.

Amazing, TBH. He still got a shot gun shell in the head for his troubles, but it was brilliantly done.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Just don't give him the Fat Man, he has a habit of using it at every opportunity. Like inside a tavern, resulting in failure.

Laugh out loud moment, TBH.

It was pretty funny... lol I always give it to him, as it's really heavy to carry myself. It's just luck whether he chooses to pwn or not. I can't change it on his tactics menu either. :dapprove:

Another time i was walking back to Tenpenny Tower, i saw a Radscorpion from a distance, quickly equipped my Hunting Rifle and took aim.

I took one shot, reducing it to 50% health... then Jericho comes into view, spawns the Fat Man out of his pocket and procedes to nuke the Radscorpion, which only had 50% health left. Nice. :mad:

I wanted there to be an option to slap him, then make him pay the 400 Caps for another Nuke round. Daft cnut TBH

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I made myself a Deathclaw Gauntlet last night, too.

Awesome. Makes you look like Vega from Street Fighter. Uber win.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
the sniper at Minefield is piss easy to get with the mesmatron (plus you then get his sniper rifle ofcourse ;))

That was one of the first weapons I got. When I did Chapter 1 for the Survival Guide I went there, didn't have any weapons though, so had to use a combination of the mines I'd just picked up and a baseball bat to kill that c**t... So many retries it wasn't even funny!

When you reach level 20, can you not pick up any more perks or skills?

Don't think so..:dapprove:

I lost him after I went in Vault 112. Can you get him back? I've read you can't.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You see my comment about the mirelurk above ^ ?

Clever as f*ck in game physics FTW.

That is very clever. The super mutants are s**t-thick though (which I'm relying on when there are several of them). They seem to stand a lot on my laid bottlecap mines - which are fecking awesome.

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That is very clever. The super mutants are s**t-thick though (which I'm relying on when there are several of them). They seem to stand a lot on my laid bottlecap mines - which are fecking awesome.

D.

Crippled the Behemoth's legs outside GNR in one strike. Easy after that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You see my comment about the mirelurk above ^ ?

Clever as f*ck in game physics FTW.

Yeah, pretty cool!

I need to use mines more. The last time i used them was in Tenpenny Tower.

Lay a few around the corridor, then fire off a few rounds... they all run around, sh*tting themselves... until the inevitable happens. :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, pretty cool!

Lay a few around the corridor, then fire off a few rounds... they all run around, sh*tting themselves... until the inevitable happens. :cool:

The other thing that's great about the mines is that you add further carnage by doing a grenade combo with it. When the gimp comes around the corner and doesn't 'quite' stand on the mine, lob a grenade at him and not only does he get blast damage from that, but also the exploding mine.

Double-whammy. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, pretty cool!

When doing the mission for Big Town after returning with Red and Shorty from Germantown Police HQ (Fast Travel FTW), they told me a Super Mutant invasion was incoming. I just went to the rope bridge, and placed several mines along it, far enough away so each one would do damage.

LOL. Job done, TBH. There were only 4 or so Mutants, which was hardly worth the mines, but it was quite good all the same.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The other thing that's great about the mines is that you add further carnage by doing a grenade combo with it. When the gimp comes around the corner and doesn't 'quite' stand on the mine, lob a grenade at him and not only does he get blast damage from that, but also the exploding mine.

Double-whammy. :)

D.

This also works by dropping the grenades from your inventory around a single mine or a group of mines. Once the mine is triggered, the entire collection go up!! Fantastic for Behemoths or Deathclaws :evil:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah I dont have the dart gun yet.

How do I get it?

You have to make it.. I've forgot where I got the blue prints though..

The ingredients are pretty easy to come by too, and the end result looks f**king rediculous (as if it wouldn't work). But it's not bad, it basically does almost no damage, but cripples both the enemies legs.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i just have to say this game is total class, nothing makes me happyer than gettin every single perk and aid for small arms and using the hunting rifle to get 99% headshot everytime, too easy!!! getting training on the power armor is pissing me off!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yeah I've still got no further to this power armor training thing? Can someone please clarify what needs to be done exactly? Is it a perk? I've stored the armour at my place in Megaton but can't use it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
yeah I've still got no further to this power armor training thing? Can someone please clarify what needs to be done exactly? Is it a perk? I've stored the armour at my place in Megaton but can't use it.

Follow the main story line until you get to the Citadel and Dr Li gets you in. Speak to the old guy who will forward you on to Brotherhood of Steel member Gunny and then you just follow the speeches and ask to be trained to use the Power Armour. Thats it really.

The difficult part is the mission leading up to the Citadel entry!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've lost track of the main story line TBH. I take it following your dad's footsteps is the main story line, in which case going to GNR then sorting out the antenna is on the right path? as that's the point I'm at at the moment, I've just been exploring around and doing other things since getting to that point.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. Follow the main story and you'll get inside the Citadel so you can train.

I want a Dart Gun. Where are the blueprints?

Octy VRS
I got the training last night but now have no armour as I ditched it ages ago due to weight. Is there some more in Citadel, someone mentioned there's lots of ammo here too?

Integra Type-R DC2
Yep. Follow the main story and you'll get inside the Citadel so you can train.

I want a Dart Gun. Where are the blueprints?

I think I found the blueprints the other day, up near the Enclave base entrance (Raven Rock?). Theres a power relay place south west of it, with a dead corpse next to one of the big transformers. He had the blue prints, among other things next to him. Not sure if it was the dart gun blueprints though. Some form of blueprint.

BTW, where is Tenpenny towers? Spent AGES looking for it the other day.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I saw Tenpenny in the distance one time, so I thought I'll come to it again as I know the rough area of it and I was on my way somewhere else, haven't seen it since doh!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I got the training last night but now have no armour as I ditched it ages ago due to weight. Is there some more in Citadel, someone mentioned there's lots of ammo here too?

I think there is a power armour in the Tenpenny Arsenal - though I could be wrong on that.

Doesn't the Reilly's Rangers have one as well?

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
There is some in Citadel, yes. In the main control room on the desk. Theres also the brotherhood NPC you can recruit.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not as such.

Once you aquire the blueprints, they go into your notes (so you can't sell them etc).

When you goto a workbench providing you have the right items, you'll make that item if you click it (it won't ask you to confirm.. not that anything requires a particularly rare item..).

Anyway, you don't need a skill to build things, but depending on your repair skill (which I have at 90 now) will determine the condition of the weapon you build.