ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I wonder if there ever will be a retail game that permits the slaying of kids... They're absent from GTA/Saints Row. They run off at the speed of light the second you touch a sword in Fable2 and now this? WTF...:eek:

I blew up megaton, the Nuke explosion is epic...

Iv been looking for the family in the mission at Arefu but can't find them. Iv got quite a few side missions on the go now. Partically ar rivet city.

1.8 Civic EX
Am I the only one that didn't blow up megaton? When the bloke in the saloon sugested the idea I told him to get stuffed and he did lol

White Sti Hatch
Am I the only one that didn't blow up megaton? When the bloke in the saloon sugested the idea I told him to get stuffed and he did lol

I never blew it up either...did you talk to the sherif after you told him to stuff it ???

1.8 Civic EX
I never blew it up either...did you talk to the sherif after you told him to stuff it ???

nope not yet...should i? I've just been helping the bird in the shop make her survival guide. Also hoping I can get my mnechanical skill up somehow to help to old codger fix the water pipe leaks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
nope not yet...should i? I've just been helping the bird in the shop make her survival guide. Also hoping I can get my mnechanical skill up somehow to help to old codger fix the water pipe leaks

If you tell the sheriff, shades-dude shoot him in the back. :eek:

Helping the bloke with leaks is easy - there's only three dotted about Megaton. Fix them and the owd giffer gives you decent caps in trade for bringing back bits of scrap metal.

D.

White Sti Hatch

darren just told you what happens so no need to ne more lol ! i do advise going into his house though as there a Bobble Head !

Polo + Micra
i think i must of been too nice to people in this game although i had to get out of megaton as every f**ker was shooting me.

i'm now stuck at the doctor li bug:dapprove:

Octy VRS
I'm obviously doing things wrong. Got addicted to some s**t and didn't think I'd need 300 bottle caps so didn't pick them up! May start outside the Vault again as I'm only at the school.

White Sti Hatch
You need all the caps you can get ! i found a trader selling blu prints to a new weapon and its 1k ive only got 200 !!!!!!

As for the addiction go to the doc n get the cure

Octy VRS
I think I have a saved game just before I caned the drugs. I'll go back to the bird I killed and grab her tits...er..caps and go and kill some more Raiders. They are very Mad Max like, which is cool. Like the levelling up thing, concentrating on melee, repair, lockpicking and small guns. It's a very involved game, sadly not moved on the visual spectacular of Oblivion, but that's down to the landscape. Still looks grood and detailed for the size.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm on the Blood ties job trying to find the Family. Looked in the cinemaplex and hideaway, and now moved on to the Subways. Had to take out 3 n00bs before I entered the underground though, and one of them had a Laser rifle. Oh my, that thing does some damage. Travelled quite far in the subway stations, met quite a few Feral Ghouls, too! Creepy b*stards! Combat shotgun to the head seems to be the best way of dropping them, though! Saved it last night as I was about to enter another section of the railway.

:cool:

Out of interest, has anyone tried to wipe out everyone in the Rivet City Market? You kill one guy (probably Flak as he has the weapons stall) and all hell breaks loose! I managed to take out quite a few of the traders, stealing their keys and items, but trying then to escape the market and out onto the ship deck is very difficult! It can be done, definitely, but I'm just wondering if its even worth it?! Didnt save afterwards, but its an option if you want to cause mayhem.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I'm on the Blood ties job trying to find the Family. Looked in the cinemaplex and hideaway, and now moved on to the Subways. Had to take out 3 n00bs before I entered the underground though, and one of them had a Laser rifle. Oh my, that thing does some damage. Travelled quite far in the subway stations, met quite a few Feral Ghouls, too! Creepy b*stards! Combat shotgun to the head seems to be the best way of dropping them, though! Saved it last night as I was about to enter another section of the railway.

Out of interest, has anyone tried to wipe out everyone in the Rivet City Market? You kill one guy (probably Flak as he has the weapons stall) and all hell breaks loose! I managed to take out quite a few of the traders, stealing their keys and items, but trying then to escape the market and out onto the ship deck is very difficult! It can be done, definitely, but I'm just wondering if its even worth it?! Didnt save afterwards, but its an option if you want to cause mayhem.

I've yet to come across the feral ghouls, but then again, I've only been in three subway stations yet, I think. The Family is definitely in one of them - could be that Meresti (sp?) one, but I'm not too sure on that.

Just got to Rivet City and viewed the market when I last saved it. I've still got to do the Galaxy Radio quest near there as well.

Agree on the combat shotgun - awesome kit but it degrades really quickly. :(

Has anyone come across the crashed UFO yet? Apparently it doesn't show up on the map - you literally have to stumble across it. Contains an alien rifle from what I can gather?

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've yet to come across the feral ghouls, but then again, I've only been in three subway stations yet, I think. The Family is definitely in one of them - could be that Meresti (sp?) one, but I'm not too sure on that.

Just got to Rivet City and viewed the market when I last saved it. I've still got to do the Galaxy Radio quest near there as well.

Agree on the combat shotgun - awesome kit but it degrades really quickly. :(

Has anyone come across the crashed UFO yet? Apparently it doesn't show up on the map - you literally have to stumble across it. Contains an alien rifle from what I can gather?

D.

Yeah I've been to Rivet City, obviously as mentioned, but I too have yet to venture towards GNR. Have you been given the mission in the science lab to find the android yet?

Here's a weird thing, and perhaps a spoiler, so dont look at this if you dont want any :

When I was trying to wipe out the Rivet City Market, I killed so many characters and members of the Security team. However, I could NOT kill Shrapnel. I shot him several times in the head, and although his life bar was gone, it simply regenerated and he was back up again! Like a f*cking Terminator! During this time, he appears unconscious, but definitely not dead. This has led me to believe that he could be the android! Saying that, I've tried talking to him in normal time and he doesnt give away any clues or anything. Nevertheless, I found that very odd! Didnt save the game, though, as I was only seeing how much cool sh*t I could collect by killing everyone.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
MAP (for those that are interested) :

http://i37.tinypic.com/2dihpqv.jpg

Rivet City is East of Megaton/Wilhelms Wharf (onto the other island across the river), then far South (its one of those 3 icons in line with each other)

Getting there can be a b*tch, as you can encounter quite a few Super Mutants at the Citadel and also Jefferson Museum. However, close range shotgun to the face. Done.

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
I done The Family missions last night....rather good it is, gone back to helping the bird make her survival guide now...getting lots of good s**t for helping her, like a repelant stick for the mole rats...kills them almost instantly which is bonus as they get right on my tits lol. On the last chapter now, once thats done I'll get out in the wild and find some more stuff....

Combat Shotgun is certainly the way to go, however the sniper does a good job too ;)

I done The Family missions last night....rather good it is, gone back to helping the bird make her survival guide now...getting lots of good s**t for helping her, like a repelant stick for the mole rats...kills them almost instantly which is bonus as they get right on my tits lol. On the last chapter now, once thats done I'll get out in the wild and find some more stuff....

Combat Shotgun is certainly the way to go, however the sniper does a good job too ;)

sawed off is better bar it only holding 2 shots

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I got 3 stealth boys already....not used one yet. I'm assuming it wears off after a while?

Couple of minutes IIRC. But they do the job alright! Cloaking device TBH.

Few guys have actually pickpocketted and placed frag grenades in their place. PMSL. Think I'll use it for getting keys and supplies, as I know most of the Rivet City traders carry all that sh*t.

1.8 Civic EX
coolio...I'll be giving it a go later on then me thinks....

whats the most radiated people have got? I got up to 600 to help this woman with her book, she cured me but the stuff she used "mutated" me a little and now if I get a critical damaged limb it automatically heals itself when I stand about in a radiated area for a while :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Couple of minutes IIRC. But they do the job alright! Cloaking device TBH.

Few guys have actually pickpocketted and placed frag grenades in their place. PMSL. Think I'll use it for getting keys and supplies, as I know most of the Rivet City traders carry all that sh*t.

If you place a grenade in someone's inventory doesn't it just sit there? Or is there a way to pull the pin and then place it?

Do elabourate!

whats the most radiated people have got? I got up to 600 to help this woman with her book, she cured me but the stuff she used "mutated" me a little and now if I get a critical damaged limb it automatically heals itself when I stand about in a radiated area for a while :)

Wow, wish I'd done that now. I just did the intelligence speach and got out of doing that one.

Was just doing the Mole Rat task and got shotgunned in the face by one of the last rebels in the area:dapprove: Hadn't saved for quite a while either...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I f*cked that optional challenge up, TBH.

I got over 200 RADs, went back to her and was cured, then went and stood next the Atom bomb for a few minutes until I contracted over 600 RADs, went back to her to be cured again, and there was no such option.

Radiation FAIL. Had to use RadAway a few times. F*cking slut. I was tempted to cap her ass.

1.8 Civic EX
Was just doing the Mole Rat task and got shotgunned in the face by one of the last rebels in the area:dapprove: Hadn't saved for quite a while either...

lol yeah that bloke done me in a few times, tosser! nothing a quick frag grenade couldn't handle lol

Can't remember what place i was on in the map but some group of blokes were arguing about a place called "oasis" where there is loads of "good stuff" but once they told me they had to kill me...PMSL, that didn't go to well, as I was beating one of them round the head with a baseball bat another threw a grenade at me which swiftly wiped everyone out but me lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If you place a grenade in someone's inventory doesn't it just sit there? Or is there a way to pull the pin and then place it?

Do elabourate!

You can definitely pop things in their pockets and they detonate. When pickpocketing, putting a grenade in will cause it to go off. Trading will not cause this to happen, obviously.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ok so how do I actually pickpocket in the first place? I don't think I've touched my sneak skill, though I do have some Stealthboys..

Is it just a case of crouch walking up to someone from behind without them noticing you and the option will appear?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ok so how do I actually pickpocket in the first place? I don't think I've touched my sneak skill, though I do have some Stealthboys..

Is it just a case of crouch walking up to someone from behind without them noticing you and the option will appear?

Yup. Sneakboy equipped, go into crouch mode, sneak up from behind > Pickpocket "X". Done.

With Stealthboy, you might not need to crouch. I wouldnt know, as I havent done it yet, but most certainly will when I get home this evening. I'm going to find a Stealthboy, then heading off to Rivet City TBH.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i haven't picked a lock yet. Anyone tell me how to do it (PS3)?

You have to use a Bobby pin. Use the left analogue stick to position the pin, and then the right analogue to try and force the lock with a screwdriver. If the pad starts to vibrate, the pin is close to snapping, so needs re-positioned as its obviously in the wrong place. Trial and error, really, but quite easy. You need to turn the screwdriver right round without any vibration until the lock is open.

Scirocco GT 210
I've just come across a place called "The Republic of Dave". lol Ruled by... you guessed it.. President Dave.

As for picking locks, you've got to move the bobby pin (left stick) to the correct angle so you can turn the screwdriver all the way. Slowly move the screwdriver (apply torque with the right stick) until the pin starts to shake (or you might get lucky and it'll open straight away). When this happens stop applying torque with the screwdriver (or you'll break the pin) and then change the angle of the pin. How far you manage to turn the screwdriver before the pin starts shaking is an indicator of how close to the correct pin angle you are. Keep trying until you manage to turn the screwdriver all the way. Locks opens.

I haven't explained this very well at all and I've made it sound harder than it is, but lockpicking is a piece of pee once you get used to it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just come across a place called "The Republic of Dave". lol Ruled by... you guessed it.. President Dave.

As for picking locks, you've got to move the bobby pin (left stick) to the correct angle so you can turn the screwdriver all the way. Slowly move the screwdriver (apply torque with the right stick) until the pin starts to shake (or you might get lucky and it'll open straight away). When this happens stop applying torque with the screwdriver (or you'll break the pin) and then change the angle of the pin. How far you manage to turn the screwdriver before the pin starts shaking is an indicator of how close to the correct pin angle you are. Keep trying until you manage to turn the screwdriver all the way. Locks opens.

I haven't explained this very well at all and I've made it sound harder than it is, but lockpicking is a piece of pee once you get used to it.

Explained better than I did. Well, used better wording, anyway ;) "Applying torque"