ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
anybody done the ants bit? just lookin for that lads dad, ended up with w**k all ammo n usin my BB gun ha ha ha

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
anybody done the ants bit? just lookin for that lads dad, ended up with w**k all ammo n usin my BB gun ha ha ha

There's a good tip for beating the ants using no ammo. When they spit flames at you, just run towards them and jump over, then circle strafe while punching them. They cant turn quick enough and you'll be boxing f*ck out of their lugs and kill them eventually.

Obviously, its quicker with ammo. Try and get a few of them together, and use a frag grenade, with a bit of luck a one or two will frenzy as their antennae's will have been crippled, and they'll start attacking each other.

It gets a lot harder when you have to reach the Queen ant!

Monaro VXR
Depends if you take the mission to leave the queen alone in which case do that and then return after the reward to kill the b**ch.

leg it right up to her couple of bottle cap mines and shes dead.

Just found out how bloody big this game is. The GNR mission is basically chapter 2 / 3 depending on other missions you are doing. There are 10 chapters. I have only just got to that point and have racked up nearly 30 hours already. Done a lot of exploration though and am now armed to the teeth basically so making walking around DC fairly easy.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Too right. I've been playing for many hours and havent even done the GNR mission yet. I'm still searching for Stealthboys and havent found any yet. Bah.

I thought about returning to the Ant Queen but didnt bother. What are the rewards of this? Ant meat? Or something more worthwhile?

White Sti Hatch
Too right. I've been playing for many hours and havent even done the GNR mission yet. I'm still searching for Stealthboys and havent found any yet. Bah.

I thought about returning to the Ant Queen but didnt bother. What are the rewards of this? Ant meat? Or something more worthwhile?

Theres one in the Science Museum mate far right corner after you go in the door...Beware the super mutants though....

You get directions to it on the GNR mission as you need to pick somin else up from there for it,

1.8 Civic EX
well thats odd....i've had the mission to find the galaxy radio station for ages just not done it due to wondering around...got to rivet city...spoke to some scientist woman and now the mission to find the radio station is greyed out...can't do it anymore and the little green square is filed in to say i've done it?!?!

well thats odd....i've had the mission to find the galaxy radio station for ages just not done it due to wondering around...got to rivet city...spoke to some scientist woman and now the mission to find the radio station is greyed out...can't do it anymore and the little green square is filed in to say i've done it?!?!

Whats a bummer! Did you get the achievement?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
OMG... I took me absolutely ages to get into this game, but now i've got me head around, and im at Level 5, i'm buzzing off it, and can't put it down. THIS GAME IS AWESOME :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Broke the 20hr mark last night on this - currently at lvl12 (almost 13!)

Anyone else think that that Finesse perk is great? :) Increases the chance significantly of scoring a critical hit. Quite a few heads removed with a single scoped Magnum shot. :)

Took me long enough, but I've finally come across those feral ghouls. Creepy feckers, but nothing that the combat shotgun can't sort out. I've decided to take on a few missions at the ghoul Underworld too - like killing those 5 targets for that ghoul in the bar and also acquiring some body parts for the ghoul doc. I presume I'm supposed to pick up various parts in those mutilated body bags that the super mutants keep?

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ I've noticed the gorebags too, but I just take the handy stuff like Ammo and Caps. Yeah the Feral Ghouls are easily sorted out. They are fast buggers, though!

I emerged from a subway last night during the last part of the Blood Ties mission. I havent finished it off yet but I can see on the map the route I have to take (NW from where I am - SE). Anyway, I noticed I was quite close to GNR, so thought I'd head there to get a map fixation point. Trouble is, I seem to be blocked in by rubble and abandoned houses. Bah.

I took out the bad guys in the VaultTek Offices, and downloaded a map location for somewhere off one of the mainframe computers.

Also, on my travels to GNR, I stumbled into the "Our Lady of Hope" hospital. Christ that place is creepy! I picked up a lot of Stimpaks and Blood patches, but I needed them with the Mutants and weird creatures lurking around in there! I seem to have cleared floors 1 and 2, so headed into the sewer section, and thats where I saved last night, just before I noticed the Talon crew were having a war with the Mutants in the sewer system.

Will continue it later on! Hopefully I'm close to the GNR station!

Oh, and all the while I was playing, I was actually searching for a Stealthboy, and I could not find one anywhere, even using the Wiki page telling me where they where! The Broken Bow at Rivet City (the part of the ship not connected to the main part) apparently contains 2, but you need a Lockpick skill of 50 to get in!! Wasted journey! Still... onward!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^ I've noticed the gorebags too, but I just take the handy stuff like Ammo and Caps. Yeah the Feral Ghouls are easily sorted out. They are fast buggers, though!

I emerged from a subway last night during the last part of the Blood Ties mission. I havent finished it off yet but I can see on the map the route I have to take (NW from where I am - SE). Anyway, I noticed I was quite close to GNR, so thought I'd head there to get a map fixation point. Trouble is, I seem to be blocked in by rubble and abandoned houses. Bah.

I took out the bad guys in the VaultTek Offices, and downloaded a map location for somewhere off one of the mainframe computers.

Also, on my travels to GNR, I stumbled into the "Our Lady of Hope" hospital. Christ that place is creepy! I picked up a lot of Stimpaks and Blood patches, but I needed them with the Mutants and weird creatures lurking around in there! I seem to have cleared floors 1 and 2, so headed into the sewer section, and thats where I saved last night, just before I noticed the Talon crew were having a war with the Mutants in the sewer system.

Will continue it later on! Hopefully I'm close to the GNR station!

Oh, and all the while I was playing, I was actually searching for a Stealthboy, and I could not find one anywhere, even using the Wiki page telling me where they where! The Broken Bow at Rivet City (the part of the ship not connected to the main part) apparently contains 2, but you need a Lockpick skill of 50 to get in!! Wasted journey! Still... onward!

Mornin'!

Such a shame they don't make this a co-op game. Two Mad-Max wannabes causing havoc out in the wasteland. :cool:

Even better - have one player holier than thou and the other as one evil b*****d. Who talks and who doesn't? ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Tis an awesome game, no doubt. I'll have to check my hourly count later. I cant say I've done much noteworthy, but I've played it for ages!! :D

for me to get into the broken bow i need a lock pick skill of 100 !!
as for stealth boys i have about 8 or 10 of them i used one by accident you dont need them imho

1.8 Civic EX
found the hidden entrance to the broken bow straight away....was reading your posts thinking "what the hell, I didn't pick any locks to get in" lol

it's underwater. if you jump in the water in the break between the two sections of the ship there is small tunnel neaer to the right hand side (as you look at the broken bow)

as for me missing the radio station missions it's ok just realised I have a save point just before speaking to the scientist so I can go back and do it yaya!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep.

I just explored last night... didn't really do much questing.

Cleared the bandits out of their camp near GNR... then made a few looting runs back to base to sell all their sh*te i took... bit of a chore, but mega monies now! :approve:

I've got to head over to the museum tonight, to find that dish for Three Dog.

I'm not rushing this game, i love the fact you can take your time!

Yep.

I just explored last night... didn't really do much questing.

Cleared the bandits out of their camp near GNR... then made a few looting runs back to base to sell all their sh*te i took... bit of a chore, but mega monies now! :approve:

I've got to head over to the museum tonight, to find that dish for Three Dog.

I'm not rushing this game, i love the fact you can take your time!

how much monies you got ?

1.8 Civic EX
anyone made the Rock-It launcher yet? I made it last night....tis a bit pap, only thing I could fire out of it was pre-war money....atleast you could pick the money back up again after firing it though....

I found a scavenger last night...sold him loads of stuff so he had no caps left then killed him and took all my stuff back lol....bad karma FTW

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm yet to get this, question is should I get it on PC or 360?

360 £40, missus uses the TV a lot and I won't get to spend much time on it
PC £25 can play whenever I want, PC is a good spec and graphics will be better

anyone have it on PC? or is everyone 360?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
how much monies you got ?

Well, i bought a jukebox and medkit for my home, leaving me with around 3500 ish, i think.

Most of that was earned from robbery and extortion, mind. :evil:

I fcuking love the hunting rifle too... long-range decipitations FTW!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Darren's on PC fella

172 cup
Had a blast last night.
Decided to blow up Megaton but killed everyone in there and stole everything first :D
Nothing much but there was 300caps in the floor safe in the bronze lantern. 100 in the fridge in the bar. add that with the 1000 for blowing the place up and all the medi stuff/ammo rock-it launcher then it was quite a worthwhile job really, oh and the plush apartment in tenpenny towers ;)

172 cup

Im on my PC but with on eof my 360 pads :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chris, how the hell did you get that much money, dude?!

By doing very little to contribute to missions, early on ;)... and scavenging every carcass after battles. Then you return to a city and sell your wares.

I've had to fill my pockets and do two or three trips sometimes. You can only carry a certain amount before you are overweight... meaning you can't "fast travel"

I found a few really valuable books, from trawling through ruined houses. And searching around Minefield too.

Scavenging FTW :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The bandit camp is ideal for scavenging... it's near the Friendship Heights subway station.

I sold pretty much everything i picked up. Bar the flamerthrower! ;)

Energy cells go for good money at weapon stores... especially in good nick and if you have a few

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
By doing very little to contribute to missions, early on ;)... and scavenging every carcass after battles. Then you return to a city and sell your wares.

I've had to fill my pockets and do two or three trips sometimes. You can only carry a certain amount before you are overweight... meaning you can't "fast travel"

I found a few really valuable books, from trawling through ruined houses. And searching around Minefield too.

Scavenging FTW :eek:

Might head up to the minefields later. Havent been there, yet.

As for the books, all I find is scorched or ruined ones. Bah. What skill level are you on, now? I'm presuming you've now done a bit more questing?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Spot on!

Same here.

Remember that you get more value at sale time if you're selling to the right person (ie books to the library, not a weapons trader. ;))... and having a good barter level helps too... ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So the pre-war books are all the tattered ones, and burned ones, too?

Also, I have the Laser Rifle, which is f*cking mint, so dont want to sell the enercy cells etc, as I think it uses them.

Need to up my Repair skills I think.

What perks are you guys upgrading? I think I've done 2 x Gun Nut, Early Learner etc. but I found this, which is quite handy :

Some handy tips (avoid if you want to manage the game yourself) :

Intense Training (multiple times if need be) Black Widow (specifically for female characters, as there are so many men in Fallout 3), Scrounger, and Educated (take this one as soon as you hit level 4) are all fantastic perks to get. For those who love using guns along with V.A.T.S., Action Boy/Girl, Grim Reaper's Sprint, Sniper, Mysterious Stranger, Better Criticals, Commando, Gunslinger, and Bloody Mess are all great.

Melee characters will eventually want to work towards the Ninja perk and may want to get a few hits in Intense Training and Life Giver for higher stats and more health, but getting Pyromaniac is great if you're going to use a Shishkebab for your endgame main weapon. You will probably have enough skill points to max the Unarmed or Melee Weapons skills, so you probably won't need Little Leaguer.

Avoid perks like Paralyzing Palm, Chem Resistant, Light Step, Chemist, Adamantium Skeleton (stimpacks fix limbs well enough), Solar Powered (especially since you'd have to miss Grim Reaper's Sprint to get it), Entomologist, Lead Belly, Infiltrator or Computer Whiz (that's what save/load is for!). If you don't feel like any perks are jumping out at you after a level-up, then tossing one into Intense Training or Life Giver can't hurt.

Here's a list of all the perks in the game along with descriptions and requirements. It's worth poking around here to think about where you want to take your character. Most paths are great, but always give yourself at least one solid combat option.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_perks

Maxing Skill Points
There are a few important things you can do to max the number of skill points you get in a game. The first is to jack up your Intelligence in the game's introduction, either to 9 or 10 (depending on whether you think you'll find the Intelligence bobblehead) to max skill gains. The other is to grab the Educated perk right when you hit level 4; do these and you can be getting 20 skill points each at levels 2 and 3, and 23 skill points from level 4 and up. Depending on the overall character you want to make, you may find yourself maxing Intelligence during the intro, and filling in your "main" stat or stats later in the game with a few instances of the Intense Training perk.

Steal things!
If you are planning on going evil, then you should be walking around town ready to steal everything you can. Unlike Oblivion, Fallout 3 doesn't flag items as stolen, so you can clear out the shelves of many stores and sell the owner's goods right back to him. Find a way to hide behind the counter to pick cash registers and even their safes. Once you get a few thousand caps in your pocket you can be a little more choosy in what you bother to steal and fence, but the important part about this too is that you don't need any stealth skill to steal something - all you have to do is force the situation where anyone around has their back to you. Just keep an eye on the indicator at the top of the screen when you're doing it.

Kill people if they have stuff you want
The Capital Wasteland does not a have a criminal justice system, so you can use this to your advantage and just kill some people for their stuff. Sure, if you start a fight with Lucas Simms then the whole town will try to kill you, but if you meet one of the wandering traders and want to loot all the crap out of his Brahmin's packs, just kill him and his guard and take what you want. Be careful, though, as you can permanently break quite a few quests with careless murders. Either way, always keep in mind the question: "What if I just shot this guy in the face repeatedly until there is no face anymore?" You may find yourself killing the kind of NPCs you never even try to mess with in other RPGs, and seeing some fairly appreciable rewards for doing it.

Finish Megaton before you really finish it
That leads me to this next tip. Early in the game you'll get a quest to either save Megaton or destroy it. The latter is a very fun option, but make sure you finish all you want to do there first. And then after that, why not go postal in the town to personally take everyone out before you head to Tenpenny Towers to hit the big red button? But even if you decide not to do this and want to help Megaton, make your decision and finish the quest early so that you'll have a single place that's yours to store all your stuff, sleep in the bed for the short-term +10% "Well Rested" experience bonus, and have your own personal butler to make you Purified Water and tell some jokes.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice find! Useful, that!

I've tried to spread my perks TBH... currently have Gun Nut, Early Learner and a few science-releted ones.

I want to find out the best way to increase my 'critical strike' rate, but forgot to read up on it last night.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nice find! Useful, that!

I've tried to spread my perks TBH... currently have Gun Nut, Early Learner and a few science-releted ones.

I want to find out the best way to increase my 'critical strike' rate, but forgot to read up on it last night.

Yeah there is a PERK, but cant recall which one.

The key to VATS is remaining hidden until you get a good angle for the shot, if you're hidden and manage to hit the target you'll automatically get a critical hit, which will instantly kill anything with a head shot and a sniper rifle, and blow off limbs on anything up to a super mutant. Great fun, especially with the cinematic deaths! :cool: