ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well that Nuka Cola Building has at least 3 definites on a conveyor belt after you've hacked a terminal (and you have 10% chance of getting one in any of the Nuka Cola machines dotted around in there, too).

Also, Paradise Falls yeah, behind the stairs in Eulogy's pad. 5 of the buggers :)

I did that quest a few days back. Also took back vodka, flour and a Quantum cola and Sierra made me a Mississippi Quantum Pie. Tidy TBH.

Got another unique weapon yesterday. The Reservists Rifle, which is a modified Sniper Rifle. It can be found on a guy a Church tower a the Tabernacle Chapel.
Need to find me the Victory Rifle next, though.

1.8 Civic EX
I've had the Reservist's Rifle for aaages lol, but I cocked up the other night and used it to repair a normal sniper oops!

Anyone got Ol' Painless, thats another rifle, not much different from a Hunting Rifle tbh

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I have that. Bit sh*t. The Reservist Rifle is apparently awesome at taking down Deathclaws from distance.

Also got the unique sawn off shotgun from the guy in Girdershade who likes to think he's a good bodyguard to Sierra. Uh uh. Not good enough.

I think I have around 6 or 7 bobbleheads still to find.

1.8 Civic EX
anyone found the Nuka-Grenade yet? It's second only to the Mini Nuke :)

Only found one and used it on a Behmoth as I didn't have my Fat Man with me. Aparently there are schematics for them somewhere so you can make your own..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
anyone found the Nuka-Grenade yet? It's second only to the Mini Nuke :)

Only found one and used it on a Behmoth as I didn't have my Fat Man with me. Aparently there are schematics for them somewhere so you can make your own..

I have two of the Schematics for it. Still havent used any yet, though. I also havent used the Fatman, although I have at least 12 Mini Nukes :cool:

Want to find that Dartgun Schematic!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've had the Reservist's Rifle for aaages lol, but I c**ked up the other night and used it to repair a normal sniper oops!

Anyone got Ol' Painless, thats another rifle, not much different from a Hunting Rifle tbh

Yep!

Stolen from Dave :eek:

14 Bobbleheads now, on my Lv20 save file. But i can never get them all, since i missed to one RIGHT AT THE F*CKING START FFS. Just before the G.O.A.T

Failure

1.8 Civic EX
lol

Scutch, the Dart Gun is serisouly worth having, for the more determined creatures I always give them a quick shot with that first.

Where did you get the schematics for the grenade from?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dart Gun FTW... agreed!

It's funny as f*ck to hit a Deathclaw in the legs, then watch it amble towards your waiting 12-gauge.

The LOLz happen every time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol

Scutch, the Dart Gun is serisouly worth having, for the more determined creatures I always give them a quick shot with that first.

Where did you get the schematics for the grenade from?

Sierra gives you a schematic if you complete The Nuka-Cola Challenge.

Also, Cliffside Cavern, near the bottom of the map. Around there is Yao Guai cave where you can find a schematic next to a pile of bones!

Finally, the third one (to make it 125% of your repair skill effective) can be found with the traveling caravaner Doc Hoff. He wears a pre-war suit and appears randomly in front of the various main towns (Megaton, Rivet City etc). I bought it, got him to repair all my stuff, then killed him and stole my money back.

1.8 Civic EX
Dart Gun FTW... agreed!

It's funny as f*ck to hit a Deathclaw in the legs, then watch it amble towards your waiting 12-gauge.

The LOLz happen every time.

I find it more entertaining to hit them with the dart gun then walk backwards slowly, dropping frag mines PMSL, they are criplled from the dart gun anyway but watching them struggle to get to you trippiong the mines on the way is most ammusing

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Bottlecap Mine FTW. I have 12 of the buggers. It crippled a Behemoths legs in one go. :evil:

1.8 Civic EX
typical, would have to be after completeing the bloody nuka cola challenge lol

I'll go look for the others tonight :)

I've still not used a bottle cap mine, or a stealth boy for that matter, getting a right little collection going on. My Metal Box in the Super Mart is like Mary Poppins' hand bag it's got soooo much stuff in there lol.

I still don't know what to do with the mutilated body parts I seem to have aquired?!?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I just ignored them. No point IIRC.

Yeah my desk and filing cabinet in my home at Megaton are jam packed full of stuff. I also pick up any gun or apparel I find, and pass them on to Fawkes to carry them so I can then sell them at a Trader later on. He's been over the allowed weight twice I think, but he can carry a lot. I think it was due to the fact I got the T-51b armour so made him carry my Power Armour I got from the Citadel as a reward. LOLz. Its now in my desk at Megaton.

1.8 Civic EX
How do I get the T51 shizzlle? I done the mission and gave the bloke in Underworld the keys, is it a case of go back to him and kill him to get it?

I've not done the power armour training yet so I guess I won't be able to wear it anyway?!? Just running around in my Combat armour and some sort of cowboy hat that gives a +5 to sneak

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do I get the T51 shizzlle? I done the mission and gave the bloke in Underworld the keys, is it a case of go back to him and kill him to get it?

I've not done the power armour training yet so I guess I won't be able to wear it anyway?!? Just running around in my Combat armour and some sort of cowboy hat that gives a +5 to sneak

He should be at the Fort, IIRC. Kill him and take the keys back. Or do what I did, and use a Stealthboy, sneak up behind him and pickpocket them all back. Done :)

The key for the armour room with the T-51b inside is on a female body just outside the room.

DR : 50. Class armour.

1.8 Civic EX
cool, something else for me to go try out later then.

I still find it amazing that there is soo much to this game and the many many different routes that can be taken. The fact that I'm lvl 20 and done looooads of stuff but eveidently there is still a fair bit to do it's impressive

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I thought that too. There is SO much detail in this game, it must have taken so long to put together.

Fallout 4 surely FTMFW!!

1.8 Civic EX
One thing I noticed the other day that I've not noticed before...walking through a small deserted village (it wasn't even a named place on the map) and a little cloud of dust was blowing towards me and as I walked through it the was a gust of wind through the surround sound, sooo simple yet it sounded awesome and really helps set the atmosphere..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Detail is incredible. Even the timing in the game, sunset etc. I was just about to kill some guy while he slept in his house on the bed next to me, and the certains had holes and cuts in. The sun shone through them and you could see the rays of light reflecting off everything. It was stunning. Felt bad killing the guy in the end, so just shot him in the leg instead and ran off. But not before taking a moment to watch the sunrise.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^ LOL! Poetic.

I've noticed loads of things now i'm playing through again, as a good character. Following the guide, i aced the Wasteland Survival Guide and now Three Dog loves it. Recommends it constantly.

On my first time though, as an evil character, when i hardly completed any of the Secondary Objectives... he slagged it off, saying "follow this guide at your own risk" So i paid him a visit with my friend, Mr 12-Gauge. Gibbed!

On the subject of visuals too, i know exactly what you mean. It's the little touches that make it. I stumbled across an jacknifed lorry in the hills yesterday, at sunset... I love the way it has enough atmosphere to make you genuinely cautious of new locations, tip-toeing around etc. Mint

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I didnt understand the guys dissing Three Dog, as on mine all he seems to do is bum my character. On air, you realise, not in a literal sense.

Its because I've been donned in halo like form. Thats not to say I havent done some evil things, either, but donating and helping people to regain karma is always beneficial, especially for the path I've chosen.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I got sick of him eventually.

I stormed in with caps lock on; told him my thoughts. Then dart gunned him in the leg and watched him limp about for a bit... then got bored and administered 10cc's of Terrible Shotgun to his forehead.

The BoS guards didn't bat an eyelid!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Purchased this last friday and played it solidly last week. Have yet to do any of the main story missions, i have just been doing side missions and exploring. It is so so good. Lots of features brought across from Oblivion and then expanded on perfectly. As said the atmosphere is amazing. Going into dark places you have never been into is so intense. I found a cavern that was just like a scene from the hills have eyes, and i am ashamed to admit i was midly scared. lol.

172cup
haven't played it in about 24hrs... i'm trying to break away from it lol. And this post popping up on usercp isn't bloody helping.

damn good game. Haven't been this addicted since i was 10 playing Alex Kidd on my Sega Master System II

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've no chance on the Quantum Cola mission - a I've drank a fair few of them because I like the colour. Proper tarts drink. ;)

Being maxed at Lvl 20 now, I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should finish it? If the expansion stuff is to be released in the New Year, then I want to focus on that - rather than wandering around and not being able to develop my character any further.

The fun thing with this game is when you cast your mind back to escaping the Vault with little more than a BB gun. How far we have all come. :)

D.

172cup
I've no chance on the Quantum Cola mission - a I've drank a fair few of them because I like the colour. Proper tarts drink. ;)

Being maxed at Lvl 20 now, I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should finish it? If the expansion stuff is to be released in the New Year, then I want to focus on that - rather than wandering around and not being able to develop my character any further.

The fun thing with this game is when you cast your mind back to escaping the Vault with little more than a BB gun. How far we have all come. :)

D.

if you finish it, and try to reload it... you have no option other than to complete it again. You cannot reload and then bugger off to megaton and blow it up for example. So just complete it but do not save it.

Then keep your lv20 save game.... and go start again!!

1.8 Civic EX

D.

lol I just had an image of all our characters together in some shitty pub in the wasteland, drinking Whiskey like a load of mates that have grown up together and sharing thier experiences since they left the volt...........then Cookie turns up and point-blank FatMan's them all

172cup
^ i think its probably more down to the endless snags in the game. Did it say 'mission complete'? And then tell you to return to him?

I thought Id screwed one of the first missions where you have to help Moira write that book! I blew Megaton up, and thought she died too. But I found her as a ghoul lol! And then she died later anyway!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ i think its probably more down to the endless snags in the game. Did it say 'mission complete'? And then tell you to return to him?

Nope. I tried it again though and didn't pickpocket Crowley before finishing the mission, and it completed. Then he caught me pickpocketing him so I destroyed the underworld with my Gatling laser and missile launcher.

I've also decided the AI in this game is stupid after I aquired the railway rifle from some silly lone c**t who thought it would be a good idea to challenge the nutcase in tesla armour that just decimated 3 enclave troopers with a fatman.

But what amused me the most about yesterdays session was shooting a brahmin in the arse (by accident) with the plasma rifle I got from harkness and dismembered it's two back legs. It's the only time in the game I've missed having a print screen button.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
does it randomly give you the option of VATS when shooting someone?