ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Captain Slarty Super 1600

Hi,

I remember you before asking questions re: super 1600 body kit. I found an Australian renault site that is advertising a super 1600 kit as "coming soon".

http://www.autoparis.com.au/bodykitr.htmlhttp://www.autoparis.com.au/bodykitr.html

I thought it may be worthwhile contactng them to find out more details.

Also. Have you got any imformation that can help me with the repairs I will be making. Im replacing my headlight and remounting the bumper on my mk2 172.

Thanks

I only managed to get the bare headlight unit from the breakers yard. Therefore I have to remove my present unit, dismantle it, fit the bulbs into the new unit, attatch the xenon charging unt and reinstall the light into the car.

Im a bit worried that there could be some cunning pitfalls cleverly included by renault to trip up a budding DIY guy like myself. i.e. the fitting of the charging unit and adjusting the beam position.

Also, the knock has misaligned the bumper (by about 1/3 to 1/2 inch). Im hoping that as I have to remove the bumper to replace the headlight it is just a case of making sure the mounting points arent bent and putiing the bumper back on straight. Am I correct in thinking that to remove the bumper you must first remove the front splash guards on either side, the front scuttle, and detatch the spots. Ive been told that the bumper is only held on by a single bolt either side and three bolts along the front up behing the bumper, is this right?

Another unrelated question. Do you know where there is accurate valve timing and phasing information for the 172 engine, throughtout the engines rev range. As I need this for the construction of my Ricardo WAVE cfd model, Im hoping to then use the model to analyse the intake system to try and optimize the pipe lengths and diameters for a perfectly tuned induction kit.

Thanks