ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Loving the pops and bangs in that video! Can't believe I'd never heard if these until this thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

Where have you been? :rasp:

Nowhere?
I've been following this thread since it began though......

I've never heard them mentioned on here before etc so how was I to know ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

There's been a few instances of Cs member slating 'v6 replicas' for 'not even looking like vees'... When they're s1600 reps.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Au...

There's been a few instances of Cs member slating 'v6 replicas' for 'not even looking like vees'... When they're s1600 reps.

Really??? Hehe
I actually wanted to create a replica of something that Renault never did.. Just copying the RS road and racing style..

So nobody can tell this looks like this or that... At least i hope so...
But whatever people think i'am bloody happy!!
And tonight i just tool her for a short spin and everybody stopped me asking which kind of car it is...
So happy!

First spin ever!

null_zpseed6f357.jpg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Legend!

02 Iceberg 172

I can't wait to see this in the flesh this weekend at the OzRS Nats Riccardo! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I love it!

BUT...

Way too many Williams stickers for me - I'd prefer to see without any Willy stickers at all!

I love it! BUT... Way too many Williams stickers for me - I'd prefer to see without any Willy stickers at all!

mhhh... there are exactly like the original clio williams. I added only the badge on the front grill.. but the new clio series has the same so it's all Renault standard for me..

I don't think any Williams owner would be happy to remove the distinctive stickers from their Williams...

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

But it's not a Williams.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Don't think my above post was a dig at you, I love s1600s and this car is incredible, the amount of work gone into it is second to none.

I was just pointing out that strangely, not a lot of people on here know what these are.

...you need some in action vids up :eek:

Don't think my above post was a dig at you, I love s1600s and this car is incredible, the amount of work gone into it is second to none.

I was just pointing out that strangely, not a lot of people on here know what these are.

...you need some in action vids up :eek:

Thanks man!
Yeah it's so strange that a lot of members/owners of Clios they are leaving under a rock...

S4 Avant

It's not foggy, turn your foglights off!

Anal as f**k, but completely agree.

In regards to the car, I doubted it would ever turn out like this but fair play to you.

Doesn't look bad at all, bit pikey with all the red bits everywhere still, but looks good on the surface of things. Front hub and drive shaft assembly is inspired.

Clio 182 FF

amazing!

Those wheels suit it really well. Looks great.