ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Clio Sport 172
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

electric exhaust muffler..

IMG_6744_zpsf1154638.jpg

IMG_6782_zps00783b2c.jpg

Absolutely awesome project mate, looks superb. Just one one question though, how did you get that Varex muffler to fit? Did you have to weld it? I am totally new when it comes to working on cars but am looking to get just that muffler for my 172. I can however, braise weld, but that is most likely of no use. Everything has to be DIY dont want to get screwed on labour costs. What size is that exhaust, and what size is the standard pipe on the 172 system? Any advice is appreciated, I really like the idea of the adjustable exhaust so I can be low key if I have to, as I am on my red p's still (fellow Aussie). Once again, great car, thanks for any replys.

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

It looks like he has just used 2 bolts and a clamp fella. 10 minute job on a ramp.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Im loving the build.
This exhaust, I get how it works, but what exactly is the true point of it?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Im loving the build.
This exhaust, I get how it works, but what exactly is the true point of it?

Turn the sound down when you have a headache ;)

Photo25-08-13124815PM_zpsaf596d6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo25-08-13124732PM_zps72e861ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo25-08-1345521PM_zps242c279b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo25-08-1351130PM_zps5e548ade.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo25-08-1351558PM_zpsb34aacab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo25-08-1351550PM_zps472fad61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo28-08-13125151AM_zpsf86c8260.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Photo28-08-13125050AM_zps5d691850.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie

how did you mount the hubs mate? Awesome job!

Absolutely beautiful!! Are you going to colour the Renault sport lettering at all?

​you're killing us with how gorgeous this looks!

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Au...

Absolutely beautiful!! Are you going to colour the Renault sport lettering at all?

​you're killing us with how gorgeous this looks!

Thanks man :) i had some hours waiting the driveshafts...
Nope i want the letter in aluminum and the gold canvas underneath... Looks more standard RS old school... I think... ;)

Lionel Richie

yeah how are they attached to the 172/182 wishbone/ball joint?

Lionel Richie

i bet driveshafts were fun to make!

They are pain in the ass!
Terrible experience, i had to use the prehistoric technique to make the one on the gearbox side...
I will post some photos during the weekend.

scenic,fuego,205gti

Greatings from Turkey Istanbul. I cant think any project better than this. Shocking. You should be giving advise to Renault because you created a dream that many Renault fans dreamed.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day

This is a properly cool project!

the only part I don't like is where the side strip meets the rear 1/4

i know that's how the kit is, just looks unfinished to me!

the pure engineering and dedication gone behind the whole car makes up for it tho!

​love it :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

Utterly superb!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

So so cool

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Au...

Thanks guys really appreciated!!

Here the Clio III half shaft just came after has been cut and splined like the standard 172...

Tomorrow i'll make the other shaft...

null_zps3540fc9a.jpg
[/IMG]
null_zps4b979cd9.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Brilliant stuff. It's come along so far!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

I thought this was going to look awful, how wrong have you proved me to be! The car looks awesome and the engineering behind it is pretty trick too.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Dem skillz :)

Edition 30

Just wow at everything!

Top work.

Clio 172

Sheer brilliance mixed with a bit of Dr Frankenstein madness. Love it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

The engineering in this is very clever.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Excellent.

how is this expected to handle being so wide and short wheel based? I know the vees are a handful because of wide and short + rwd, how will fwd affect it?

Z4 Coupe

Incredible job!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

It's a shame that 1*2 headlights don't fit properly :dapprove:

However I'm making a note to myself to see this car if I ever go to Australia.

It's a shame that 1*2 headlights don't fit properly :dapprove:

However I'm making a note to myself to see this car if I ever go to Australia.

Hehe let me know when you arrive here!! :)

What do you mean with the headlights doesn't fit properly??
null_zps634a99be.jpg
[/IMG]
null_zpse9f499af.jpg
[/IMG]

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Mind fart. I thought the symbol (or whatever ones they were) headlights came right out to the edge of the recess (where the wing meets the bumper). Just checked and they don't. Never mind lol.