ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Australia)

Hi everyone
I just got a 2001 Clio RS 172 which I will use as a base to build my new Clio Williams IV Super 1600 Replica.
I will post some photos as soon I will receive the full body kit from france. They said 60 days shipment... :(
In the meantime I'm working on the interiors details and I half wrapped the car with Avery WF22 very cool Blue color..
I also found 4 brand new 17'' Rims superlight GOLD!

Renault 5 Turbo
Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

I like the sound of this buddy, you'll have to post pics ASAP!!!!! ;)

Re: SUPER 1600 REPLICA based on 172, CLIO WILLIAMS Tribute, CLIO WILLIAMS IV (Austra

image_zpsb545d13a.jpg.html
I cannot post photos... I'm trying everything! Links doesnt works

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Now I get it how to post pics!!
I was using my iPhone... such an idiot....
Anyway, this is my idea of new interior badge for Clio Williams IV...
Sorry about the wiring mess on the background thats is the electric controller that I've built for the electric muffler valve... pics following...

image_zps533a8cfe.jpg

image_zps1d53eb89.jpg

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Like the colour, do you wrap cars for a living?

Like the colour, do you wrap cars for a living?
haha... :) no -J- I used to do it when I was a Rally driver and Racing Car preparator back in Italy...This bonnet is my first attempt on a street car... but thanks it sounds like I'm good at it...

electric exhaust muffler..
Now is activating from the accelerator and brake pedal.
I did a simple circuit which allows to keep the valve close if the RPM are under 4000 and if the accelerator is been pushed more than 40% it will open straight the muffler with flames bangs and other nice little things... but once you brake under 4000RPM it will close for a smooth and super silent ride...
I love it and the police look at me a bit scatterbrain.. :)
IMG_6743_zpsc0b9ced7.jpg

IMG_6745_zpsc018c8fc.jpg

IMG_6744_zpsf1154638.jpg

IMG_6753_zps43a16aaa.jpg

IMG_6782_zps00783b2c.jpg

IMG_6925_zps28e6ab40.jpg

IMG_6993_zps83045525.jpg

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Looks very intresting.

Should have started with a 172 Cup or Monaco Blue, will keep an eye on this

Looks very intresting.

Should have started with a 172 Cup or Monaco Blue, will keep an eye on this

I've got this Clio for $3.500 from my female neighbour... What's diffent with the Cup? Considering that I have the front big hub from the Laguna V6... And i will put ITB and "Maxi" exhaust manifold 4/1 inconel.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

The Cup's already that shade of blue, would have saved any f**king about with wraps;

051_zpsf5e41f6c.jpg

The Cup's already that shade of blue, would have saved any f**king about with wraps;

051_zpsf5e41f6c.jpg

Yep but then I have to pay a car painter and I dont like give money like that... So with the wrap i can do all car with same colour with half the price and if something happens i can fix it by myself innediatly...
Also when i will get bored of the color a phone call and 6mt of new roll will come... :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Looks great so far, have you considered a clio v6 front bumper/rear bumper/spoiler?
ill keep an eye on this :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I'm aware that spoiler is part of the s1600 kit, the vee spoiler would be a lot more subtle though.

​Saying that, as there's a pram handle on my car, my opinion is null

Nope... No v6 or Ragnotti spoiler... Sorry guys, my dream was having a Super 1600 replica in all details...
Even the front bonnet vent, the headlights and also the little cover instead of the rear screen-wiper...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

how are you going to make the wheel base wider?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

How wide!!

Nice work so far - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

That blue looks identical to Mondial....is it the same?

Im not one for body kits and all that, however I must admit that does look mean.

I never seen a Mondial blue in person but is the one I really love... I reckon that this wrapping blue is slightly brighter than mondial..

My idea was to make a fake new Clio model to fill the gap between a Clio V6 and a Clio RS Cup..
So i wanted same color of the classic V6 blue..

Last edited: