ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Jay172

does tha when you are low on fuel mate..so to do it at a full tank etc..that could be worrying..might just need you ecu resetting...

the ----- has something to do with throttle position (pot. meter) and fueling. (push right handle button three times and don´t touch your gas you also see ------.

Cheers

your engine isnt connected to the ECU anymore, so its not getting fueling information, just the speed and distance. I would assume but at best a guess.

I was wondering where the potmeter got his info from as Roamer has the Inlet TB´s on his car. But apparently it worked before ok. Well I was just wondering...

would of got it from the FBW throttle before.

What did you use for the throttle cable, still got the old throttle in place?

Hmmmm weve got a mk1 pedal on it now, and I know there are a couple of fault codes up because the ecu cannot read the 2 pot tracks on the pedal.... oh and if anyone can thing of a way of overcoming that it would be great :)

Oh, and the fueling info worked for all of the rolling road work (lots of) and for about 50 miles of motorway journey (Even though it was showing 7mpg in crawling traffic lol)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 29 January 2004

Matey, do you know why my dash would be showing ----- for anything to do with fuel (MPG, milage left etc)
this basically means one of the inputs it needs to calculate mpg etc is missing.either information from the tank sender unit(fuel level etc) or fuel consumption information from the injection ecu.if you put your instrument panel into test mode it will give you a letter code so you can find out what the problem is.hold the instrument panel reset button in and turn on the ingnition.your dials etc should go into test mode.if you use your wiper stalk end button you can scroll through 3 screens one of which will give you a letter code.if you tell me this code i can find out what it represents.note-sometimes when your petrol light comes on you will lose the mpg info etc until you fill it back up.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

have you got throttle bodies fitted? if the original ecu is no longer doing the fueling then thats your problem because the instrument panel no longer has fuel consumption information from the ecu.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

he probably had to do a bit of mileage before the computer realised the car was driving but without using any fuel.sometimes technology these days isnt as clever as they make out.it probably worked on the prevoiusly memorised figures until the averages it was calculating just didnt add up.

but guys come on anyway who needs MPG figures when having a lurping RS with mech. TB´s......why is the powergain always go together with MPG´s.

Cheers.

P.s. @Roamer mine still does in worst case (21mpg avarage!!)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 29 January 2004

bada bing.........job jobbed!

Shall we solve world debt now jay?

Or have dinner?
get our priorities straight.its gotta be get some food first.the world will still be there when we get back.