ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Just finished my first season - started the game on medium with just tc on as i've only got my ps3 controller and its impossible with it off. Pissed it in a Lotus but thought I'd finish the season and eventually won by 50 odd points, had s**t offers from Toro Rosso, Lotus, Virgin, HRT and BMW Sauber all season but once I won the title Mclaren offered me a seat as their number 2 driver alongside.......................Button (hell knows what happens to Hammy for the rest of the game?). Anyway about to start my career again on hard difficulty, should be a lot more realistic pissing about with Senna and Di Grassi at the back instead of overtaking Hamilton, Button, Webber, Vettel and Alonso on the first lap.

1.8 Civic EX
Serious WTF? This game has just screwed me over big time!

Just finished p3 so now sitting in the garage at the very start of q1. Literally done nothing yet so quit to paddock (to check for an interview). Go back into the career cabin and oh, apparently it's now time for the race and my qualifying time was 00:00:000 so starting at the back.

I start the race, get up to about 11th then it's time for the pits. Two cars right up my Arse and as I enter the slip to the pit lane the cars behind me turn to ghosts and drive straight through me in the pit lane. So that's 2 places down.

Join the race after a few more cars pass while I'm in the pits and all the cars on the track are now ghosts. Another drives straight through me leaving me now in 18th.

I carry on only to spin on a turn so I use the rewind thing. But guess what..... It only rewound me so I'm now last.

I turned it off.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
WTF Glitch time y0!

So I'm doing time trial at Silverstone, and I'm driving along happily when WTF. There is an unmanned Virgin car just sitting on one corner, it's like a ghost but it's not. WEIRD

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTYtMjAxMDEwMDItMTQ0NC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTctMjAxMDEwMDItMTQ0Ny5qcGc.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
WTF Glitch time y0!

So I'm doing time trial at Silverstone, and I'm driving along happily when WTF. There is an unmanned Virgin car just sitting on one corner, it's like a ghost but it's not. WEIRD

It's actually hugely realistic. They ran out of money halfway through a lap.

Same happened toi me, thought i'd give Sakhir a bash, qualified 24th, got up to 6th in the race, pitted, Force India managed a 5.9 sec pit time????

Came back out at 20th!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just finished my first season - started the game on medium with just tc on as i've only got my ps3 controller and its impossible with it off. Pissed it in a Lotus but thought I'd finish the season and eventually won by 50 odd points, had s**t offers from Toro Rosso, Lotus, Virgin, HRT and BMW Sauber all season but once I won the title Mclaren offered me a seat as their number 2 driver alongside.......................Button (hell knows what happens to Hammy for the rest of the game?). Anyway about to start my career again on hard difficulty, should be a lot more realistic pissing about with Senna and Di Grassi at the back instead of overtaking Hamilton, Button, Webber, Vettel and Alonso on the first lap.

Seriously, it's piss easy on hard too, to make it more difficult, instead of upping the ai put tyre and fuel simulation on, then tell me you are pissing all over button ;)

Istanbul is amazing, my favourite circuit of the career so far. The long sweeping corner midway through the lap is a joy to attack.

Glitches are becoming more common (or prominent), RandD unlockables are not unlocking despite smashing the lap times well within the limit, and at the last race (Monaco) I got a blocking penalty for queuing with everyone else at the hairpin on the first lap. Istanbul Quali was full of ghost cars who would become solid at random, really offputting.

When it works it's awesome, but I'm losing too many places in career through no fault of my own for it to be worthwhile at the moment.

Golf R/Leon FR
I wasn't too keen on Istanbul at first, but really liked it once i'd got up to the race.
My Force India is a weapon in the 2nd part of the season! Finished 3 seconds clear in quali at Spa, and 2 seconds clear at Monza.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
the r & d bug is doin the same to me, although I've absolutely smashed the time needed, and the guy on the radio telling me I've done it, it's not letting me unlock stuff :mad:

Worked my way to pole on sakhir, pitted and came out in 7th which was about right. Unfortunately my pit crew gave me the sqme tyres again and I got disqualified! Wtf

RS Clio 182
Just had a really eventful race at Valencia - Qualified in 4th,overtook Hamilton for the lead half way through the first lap,as i was doing so he went into the back of me,lost both his front wheel and retired straight away! After that i was flying,but on the 4th lap,the one i was supposed to come into pits on,i got a puncture half way through the lap! So i had to nurse the car around,Button caught up with me as i was crawling,i was blocking him well on the racing line - then i went into the pits,suffered the bug and found myself in 19th!!

But then i was on an overtaking mission the rest of the race - i finished in 4th which im very happy with :cool: Button went onto win but im now up to 3rd in the drivers rankings. Really like the Valencia track - Sector 3 is quality,you can really take those curves flat out..

Nothing at the mo :(
OMFG HOW HARD IS CATALUNYA!!

Up to then ive been between 8-16th finish.. this track i could not suss!! came 21st and tbh with how hard it was i was happy with that!!

just finished monaco.. how tricky!!!! i was faster on them in all corners near enough.. but cause its such a tight track i couldnt overtake on the corners.. and my virgin cossie was to slow on straights :( ..20/24 this time

Oil Burner
Sao Paulo is epic.

Not sure what i've done to piss off every team in the paddock. All of the teams think i said something bad to the press, and my own team has withdrawn my contract for next season, even though i'm 2nd in the championship (in a Torro Roso!)

E87 118d M Sport
FFS!!!! Just accidently pressed Accept offer with Virgin instead of Decline offer. No "are you sure" or anything, just signed. Isnt there any way to undo this move cuz it autosaved before I could do anything.

Properly annoyed. The only reason I have been playing this through all the bugs was to sign for McLaren ready for when they do fix them. Ive had a look online and through the manual. Not impressed at all.

this pit thing is getting on my nerves now.. from 2nd down to 18th cause of the fking lollipop man... rage restart lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Or just ignore the pit call. Pit the next lap after hammering a brilliant in-lap in there.
That doesn't always work, the AI cars seem to pit over a 3lap window?

so do you just select a lap on the strategy that you think no AI will go in on?
I check how many laps the tyres should be capable of, and set the 1st stop for 1 lap before their limit. Since doing that, I've not had the pit problem once.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I just pit a lap later and it's not happened to me, I just ignore when they ask me to come in the first time and drive another lap

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The chicane with the gravel run-off straight ahead?

Tricky one. You can take loads more curb than you think!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sometime's they don't pit at all. Sooooo frustrating.

Indeed, I was leading, had a good lead too and pitted, came out and webber was in front (I had a 4 sec pistop so I know it was good), waited for him to pit so I could take it back and he never did, frustrating!

RS Clio 182
Is there not an option to retire from a race? I got a double puncture on Silverstone on the first corner and used all my flashbacks,so i decided to retire - theres only 'quit to paddock' (where you restart the race day) or just 'restart session'...

Anyway,i had to restart and i finished 2nd (in a torrential downpour all race). :)