ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Its a number to the right of your name, you can increase your rank number by gaining higher places in online races.

When you get to 25 your e-peen is like massive ;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Catalunya is an awesome track to drive at 100% when you nail it.

Yea but that last chacaine is a CU*T if you dont put the power down right.... Spin

Wheelstand Pro arrived today, can't wait to try it out tonight. Mighty quick delivery from Poland (3 days from ordering), had a quick nosey and it looks very well made.

OMG i hate you mine came today but i was in work all b*****d day so i have to wait for tomorrow now :( gutted.

Played Valencia last night, really liked the track, came 2nd in the Force India. Currently 6th in the standings, on medium difficulty. All aids off apart from medium TC and fuel tyres on.

Ditto

Yeah, my Toro Rosso is actually worse after the upgrades, mid season.

It'll either be so keen to turn in that the back end's like a Tesco's trolley, or have catastrophic understeer. Not ideal.

Ditto

What does 'rank' mean in online race's?

means its horrible

1.8 Civic EX
this game officially hates me...every practice and qualify session has been dry and every race day has been pissing down...even bahrain! lol

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Has anyone been spending much time with car setups or just been going with the quick setup through your engineer?

Oil Burner
Has anyone been spending much time with car setups or just been going with the quick setup through your engineer?

Quick setup to get the right ball park then tweak it. Adding more downforce and toe out to the front makes a huge difference (im using pad so turning in at the right second is a bit hit and miss, having a bit more front grip to adjust mid corner stops me disappearing off into a tree) although makes you a bit of an obstacle down the straights (nothing some Schumacher style defending cant sort)

I'm feeling there are some odd AI balancing issues in Career, I just got destroyed at Catalunya, AI doing unachievably fast laps, even the backmarkers are two seconds quicker despite me putting in an hour of practice. Yet Shanghai I finished 13th with the same settings.

Played all evening with the Wheelstand Pro, awesome bit of kit. With my Ikea Poang chair I now have a solid setup in the living room within seconds, and it folds up (still set up) and gets put away in the cupboard with no fuss, can't recommend it highly enough if you want a decent setup but don't have room for a racing seat setup.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I can't f**king figure out Cataluna either!

How the f**k am I 4 seconds adrift driving like a f**king loon!

My best lap of 1:29 something, rest of the s**t cars are way ahead :/

Hope the race is closer, otherwise this is gonna be silly

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Problem is tyre/fuel sim. It's completely inconsistent and the ai isn't subject to it. I've found a quite low downforce setup works well, with rearward break bias at catalunya.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I just destroyed every1 on Istanbul. Easiest track yet. Just the last 2 corners are tricky where I had a little spin. How hard was monte Carlo. No need, you can never get a clean run through quali then peeps crash into during the race. And I only just found out what flashbacks do. Lol doh.

RS Clio 182
got my first win at Istanbul tonight,had great pace right from the off - Qualified in 3rd and took the lead on the very first corner - pitted around the 5th lap,Hamilton got ahead of me but he pitted a couple of laps later so it was pretty much a clean run for me after that -i won by 12 seconds...Petrov & Kobayashi 4th & 5th as they didnt pit lol....Montreal is next,one of my favourite tracks,so hoping for good things there aswell. :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Problem is tyre/fuel sim. It's completely inconsistent and the ai isn't subject to it. I've found a quite low downforce setup works well, with rearward break bias at catalunya.

according to the latest announcement they are subject to tyre and fuel, it just needs tweaking on some tracks.

i guess hamilton is used to driving with different fuel and tyres making a difference so their laps are always going to be good, they just don't speed up when you turn it off, so more realistic is having them on for us too, makes it more difficult to match their laps but it should be, you shouldn't be matching their lap times wih legend ai this early in the game, otherwise it'd be way too easy, you should be on intermediate or professional really with tyre and fuel on, not that it makes enough of a difference with shorter races, need full race to take full advantage ofcourse. but people using legend, all aids off and tyre and fuel sim on should not be winning races with a lotus!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Race wasn't any closer, finished 19th out 21 finishers :/

Interesting that there were some DNF's though!

Button, Alguersueri and someone else

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like Monte Carlo is much the same, AI doing ridiculous laps :/

Think I'll pick Fifa up this weekend and play this again when a patch has sorted things out

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I'm only on hard with medium traction. I could do it on expert with traction off but wasn't enjoyable and ya don't have enough feel in the control pad to stay on the track during a race. It's supposed to be fun ya know lads. Lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks like Monte Carlo is much the same, AI doing ridiculous laps :/

Think I'll pick Fifa up this weekend and play this again when a patch has sorted things out

Try fuel/tyre sim off. It's miles more fun to play.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeah I'm only on hard with medium traction. I could do it on expert with traction off but wasn't enjoyable and ya don't have enough feel in the control pad to stay on the track during a race. It's supposed to be fun ya know lads. Lol

I can't imagine playing it with a pad, you have to be so precise with the throttle.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Tell me about it it's extra annoying. Lol just played online. It's a total spaz fest, peeps spinning allover and ramming ya off the track. Get ahead first and if ya know the track you've won. It's proper slippy online compared to the game I think.

Spent the full time on all sessions on Catalunia (sp?) and still slightly off the pace. All assists off, professional AI. Managed to get a couple of banzai laps in when qualifying and will start 17th on the grid tonight, but there's no chance in hell I'll be able to lap consistently like that in the race. Will be glad to see the back of this track.

Yet to score a point too, my best finish was 11th which I was ecstatic with (the way it should be when you're in a Lotus on your first season IMO).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can't f**king figure out Cataluna either!

How the f**k am I 4 seconds adrift driving like a f**king loon!

My best lap of 1:29 something, rest of the s**t cars are way ahead :/

Hope the race is closer, otherwise this is gonna be silly

1.29 is slow, that's why.

Try being smoother in the middle sector. That track punishes more than most if you're sketchy or overly aggressive because of the long straights.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm top of the drivers championship now. Lol mite have to up it to expert since I am with lotus. Lol my car actually got worse with the upgrades : s.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im the same they upgraded my car and now im totally off the pace b******s but now they have given me a rear down force package its slighty better but not as good as it was

I just won a race in the lotus so wanted to put the difficulty up a notch, when i went to do it it said 'custom' and i couldn't change it! what do i do?

Oil Burner
I just won a race in the lotus so wanted to put the difficulty up a notch, when i went to do it it said 'custom' and i couldn't change it! what do i do?

In that menu scroll down, right at the bottom there is a bit to set AI difficulty.

RS Clio 182
Just won my 2nd race in a row at Montreal,one of my favourtite courses - got pole with a 1:18.6 lap in Quali's - and led from the start - Rosberg was the surprise driver this time finishing 4th hehe. Currently 4th in the drivers standings heading to Valencia next.