ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ahhhhh i just assumed you were gonna get a copy for a console rather than PC i should have know really seeing as you are Mr. PC lol

Surprised by the general negativity towards the graphics here, Forza only had to cope with 8 cars on circuits with permanent Sega-blue skies. GT manages 16 cars with weather but also benefits from a near limitless budget and schedule.

24 cars, dynamic weather...I'm thinking F1 2010 is pushing the boundaries of what's possible on current consoles.

Lee

BMW M2C
Surprised by the general negativity towards the graphics here, Forza only had to cope with 8 cars on circuits with permanent Sega-blue skies. GT manages 16 cars with weather but also benefits from a near limitless budget and schedule.

24 cars, dynamic weather...I'm thinking F1 2010 is pushing the boundaries of what's possible on current consoles.

I was quite surprised by that too. It does depend on the tracks I guess. Bahrain is bland in real life and bland in the game.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lee - do you know if the Steam version gets unlocked today? My nephew has bought it via Steam, but I don't think he can use it yet?

Cheers,
D.

ahhhhh i just assumed you were gonna get a copy for a console rather than PC i should have know really seeing as you are Mr. PC lol

Lol! Too right! I've got my Logitech G25 wheel all ready to go as well. :approve:

D.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Loving it so far. The graphics seem spot on to me. They seem to have nailed the sensation of actually racing. Seeing the ai cars take up a more defensive line, and make mistakes adds to the atmosphere.

Do the drivers have individual traits? Schumi and Nando seem very aggressive when blocking!

So glad I've got a wheel though, wouldn't want to try and control the throttle using a pad.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The graphics on some tracks look much better than others but the reflections of trees etc on the cars are very low res and a bit juddery looking. The game is excellent though and the sense of speed is great. I tried using the ps3 pad today and didn't have any issues.

Bahrain being the first track you drive probably doesn't help because it is very bland looking.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I ordered the stand 45 minutes ago and it's already been dispatched ... that's good service!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
On a Yank forum I post on (Operation Sports, mostly for the NFL/NCAA games) there are the usual amount of Yank idiots :p

Here's my favourite so far..

Why are you talking about too many accidents in the game? There are ZERO ACCIDENTS by the CPU. 100% of the time. 3 races now. Not 1 car retired for any reason in any race. Why would you defend this glaring mistake? I feel shafted out of $70. Not going to put on blinders to make it feel better. The game is lousy. Let's review.

1. Major pit problem

2. No AI Accidents

3. No user car failures

4. Horrible interface

5. No laps/time under yellow

6. No crowd sound. 100% silent all the time

7. Scripted AI

8. No damage to car unless on expert mode. 150 into a brick wall, keep on driving!

9. No option to check the leader board, ever.

The guy did a 100% race distance and then sat there for 20 laps to see if the AI would crash, lol

Lee

BMW M2C
No idea what's happened with Steam. I've got a couple of PC retail boxes and 2 Steam Keys to try at some point! I've been running it on Xbox most the day.

Overall it's being very well received. There are issues, some of which we knew about, a few we didn't.

The AI all have individual stats, which change how aggressive they are and how skilled they are.

german
In 1.5 hours I get home and the Royal Fail pacakge will be there. Question; I have an hour minute window to try it before I won't be able to touch it again for 9 days. Do I give it a quick spin or not? ....better to have loved and lost or not......

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's me laugh every time I see you jacking my car down before it goes out, are you really bald these days?

Citroen DS3 DSport
In 1.5 hours I get home and the Royal Fail pacakge will be there. Question; I have an hour minute window to try it before I won't be able to touch it again for 9 days. Do I give it a quick spin or not? ....better to have loved and lost or not......

I hope you decided to play the game before you leave, get a quick fix before going cold turkey.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'm gonna have a quick go before I head into town later. I'm presuming theres an arcade mode, where you can just mess about, and get a quick fix?

Yaris Hybrid
Had this for a couple of days now (know the guy in the shop) and the graphics are absolute sh*te on 360.

Mainly the frame rate.

Check out Monaco. All I can say is ROFL, less fps in certain places than Nigel Mansells Grand Prix on the ZX Spectrum.

Totally unplayable due to the frame rate if like me you like to play with no aids. I got a nice PC so I may trade it in and get the PC version.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im loving the game so far but the difficulty level keeps changing on its own and the pit stop keeps freezing other than that the games the nuts i dont understand why people are moaning about the graphics there not that bad and surely the game play is more important than how the tree looks on the side of the track its starting to look like a code master thread in here lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
i really don't understand why people keep mentioning the graphics, theres nothing wrong with them!

i'm concentrating too much to pick at them anyway, you should be looking at where you are going rather than sightseeing!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Too much focus on graphics with modern games, hence why it's taken so long for a really decent racer to appear on ps3.

No it's not gran turismo slick, but then you don't get mid race traffic jams. And it exists, which is another bonus.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Last corner on Catalunya is buggy as hell for me, only really notice it on wet laps but it has a really low frame rate. Have noticed it in a few other bits of the game but here it is terrible. Makes it much more difficult.

Also I hate the rain, sure it's very pretty and I'm sure an F1 car does transform that much in real life but i'm not an F1 driver, and it is really frustrating just trying to get a clean fast lap in lol

Too much focus on graphics with modern games, hence why it's taken so long for a really decent racer to appear on ps3.

No it's not gran turismo slick, but then you don't get mid race traffic jams. And it exists, which is another bonus.

lol

There are certainly points where the frame rate drops to off-putting levels (particuarly Monaco) but by and large it seems pretty solid. That's the downside of demanding pretty graphics though I suppose, something has to give. Can you imagine where we might be with AI if every game didn't have to be re-released with preedier graphics every few years?

Awesome, awesome game anyhow. This weekend is all about F1, if I'm not watching it I'm driving it!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
I spun out in one race and decided to blow the engine, no matter what I did i couldn't get it to fail, I take it this is a bug? Now averaging 2.03's in the Lotus at Bahrain.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No idea what's happened with Steam. I've got a couple of PC retail boxes and 2 Steam Keys to try at some point! I've been running it on Xbox most the day.

Overall it's being very well received. There are issues, some of which we knew about, a few we didn't.

The AI all have individual stats, which change how aggressive they are and how skilled they are.

Cheers m8 - just checked on Steam and he's playing it now, so it must be working. :)

However, my Amazon copy wasn't here when I got home. Boo! :(

edit - he fecking loves it too... :D

D.

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
I'm doing full race weekends, at 20% distance. Couldn't do longer (as when i run up the back of Massa on lap 41 and get a drive through or penalty i think i would top myself) i am also developing a claw from using the ps3 pad so much.

I suck at Monaco and Silverstone, but love Hock, Valencia, and another one (cant remember now). At this rate i will be lucky if HRT offer me a drive, i always finish well behind my quali spot.

Whats up with HRT and Schumacher, have they bribed code masters to make them look good! They are always well out of where they should be.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
First race, 100% Bahrain. Did well in Q1, Q2 and then Q3 with my Virgin (Easy mode). Race took the piss though. Got spun round at the first corner, then got a drive through, then shunted again. Spent ages catching up, spun off.

Then I just got f**ked off and got myself black flagged. Bahrain is a horrible track. Completed 17 laps of the race :/

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Sorry but I f**king hate companies that rush out games knowing bugs are there with a view to fixing them once people have handed over their hard earned.

Do it right first time you c***s.