ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO -Roamer

Renault Laguna Coupe

Jon - in answer to your txt about spring fitting - Jon16v supplied the following wisdom a while back:

"jack the rear up as high as it will go, you can basically pull the springs out - keeping the two rubber parts that sit on top and below the spring.

the fronts a little harder.

wheel off, bonnet open jack up side.

Undo bolts securing strut and undo top mount, remove - use spring compressors on spring, completely remove top mount remove spring, uncompress - so easy "

The full thread is at:
http://www.cliosport.net/bbs/ShowThread.asp?ThreadID=97985477&TopicID=10
Mike.

Renault Laguna Coupe

BTW John mine were fitted by Price Right Motors, Pluogh Road, Wrockwardine Wood, Telford tel 01952 613355. Cost was £45. Not the poshest garage youll ever come across, but they took care of the car and knew their stuff.

Thanks for that Mike, just talked to them and they remembered your car.... just they are packed out this week, and then they are going on holiday for a week! eeek, Ill have the springs sitting there taunting me!

Oh well, Ill wait and see what works out.

Cheers matey!

-Roamer.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Bring it round to my place. Ill get a 24 pack of Stella, an adjustable spanner and a lump hammer. How hard can it be? What could possibly go wrong?

Well, if I could find someone with a set of spring compressors I think we could do it between us matey, it reeally doesnt sound that hard all we need is them, the jack from the back of the car and a socket set

Cant be hard really, the backs sound dead easy, and the fronts would just take a bit longer.....

-Roamer.