ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farcela G3 Clay mitt

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just use plenty of lubricant with them as they can leave some terrible marring. Almost looks like the panel has been flatted back
I've seen that you must use plenty of lubrication . I'm going to use a bucket with shampoo mix for dipping the mitt in and maybe as an additional safeguard spritz with some QD if needs be , just using quite light pressure .

I still don't get these. It's like a quick fix... fine if you're going to fully correct a car afterwards, but why chance the marring? A mild/soft clay is a much better idea. Happy to be corrected, if you'll excuse the pun.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I still don't get these. It's like a quick fix... fine if you're going to fully correct a car afterwards, but why chance the marring? A mild/soft clay is a much better idea. Happy to be corrected, if you'll excuse the pun.

I've seen lots of positive things said about the clay mitt , even from people who are quite skeptical , then their opinions have changed after using them . I'm not sure it could be called a quick fix as such , just a newer method / alternative to traditional claying . I was hoping to give it a try this week , but the weather forecast isn't looking too good so far . It think its just a matter of being sensible with it , taking your time , not applying too much pressure and let the mitt do the work .

Only problem I see is you can't fold the mitt over and use the fresh side, and also with 3 for 2 - if you need to use 3 mitts for 1 car in less than a year you are doing it very very wrong :D

Aside from that, its a nice idea, I have a G3 one, but not used it yet.

I've seen lots of positive things said about the clay mitt , even from people who are quite skeptical , then their opinions have changed after using them . I'm not sure it could be called a quick fix as such , just a newer method / alternative to traditional claying . I was hoping to give it a try this week , but the weather forecast isn't looking too good so far . It think its just a matter of being sensible with it , taking your time , not applying too much pressure and let the mitt do the work .
Quick fix is probably not the right term to use... they were designed as a more time efficient method of decontaminating, from memory. But seem to come with the potential of doing more damage... as said, I'd be happy to try one if I was at home with my DA, but with no access to correction abilities, it's to much of a gamble.

I
Only problem I see is you can't fold the mitt over and use the fresh side, and also with 3 for 2 - if you need to use 3 mitts for 1 car in less than a year you are doing it very very wrong :smiley:

I bulk buy most stuff when it's on offer, so not sure Billy will be using all three!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've tried the chemical guys fine and g3 mitts. I've ended up going back to a traditional clay bar. On a well maintained car I see little need for stepping up to the mitt as it's a pretty quick job with clay. Of it's really bad I'd rather spend the time and money on a good tar and organic contaminant remover

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Only problem I see is you can't fold the mitt over and use the fresh side, and also with 3 for 2 - if you need to use 3 mitts for 1 car in less than a year you are doing it very very wrong :smiley:

I knew i only needed one mitt . I only bought 3 mitts because of their 3 for 2 offer and I didn't really need anything else . I'm going to offload 2 of the mitts to 2 guys at work for 9 quid each lol .

The paintworks in pretty decent condition for a 9 year old car that has only ever had products applied by hand . I really don't have the time or inclination these days so any new innovation that makes things easier or saves time is a Brucey Bonus for me . Products move on , manufacturers are always looking at ways of improving things . Take for instance sealants . Back in the day AG Extra gloss protection was the go to sealant . Now there are an abundance of new products out there much easier to use with better results . Take Carpros Hydro2 for instance . I saw Gallys post the other day with the white Octavia . How easy is that stuff to use compared to some of the older more traditional sealants ! Hopefully when the weather gets better this week I'll get the chance to finish the car off with some of that .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I got round to using the Clay mitt today . What a brilliant and easy thing to use . I washed the car first with my trusty 17 year old Karcher pressure washer , water only . Then connected a 25 litre fermenting bin with approximately 2 capfulls of shampoo and 2 capfulls of snow foam then gave it a really good high power wash down before proceeding with the 2 bucket method and lambswool wash mitt . Then I used a strong mix of shampoo in a bucket as lubricant for the clay mitt , with a clean bucket of water to rinse . I've got to say , the paintwork has never felt so smooth . It feels like glass . I basically used just the weight of my hand and clay mitt to do all the work , just gliding it over the paintwork, no hard rubbing. You could feel it and hear it picking up any contaminants , then you could feel and hear as the paintwork became smooth . Then it was rinsed off with clean water , and topped off with Hydro2 lite , another new product for me . @gally , thanks for recommending that the other day in one of your posts . Its probably one of the easiest products you'll ever use .

So thats 2 new things used today and I give them both 10/10 :smile:

Just a couple of short videos of how I use my 25 litre fermenting bin go give lots of high pressure foam . No need for any fancy snow foam lances . And yes , for the eagled eyes of you out there . There isn't 3 inches of foam coating the car . Its a bit pointless having such thick foam imo , as it's only the foam thats on the paintwork thats doing any of the work .

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I have bought G3 clay mitt and going to use it at the weekend , i have used clay bars before
so is this the correct procedure -
Pre wash with citrus cleaner and powerwash off
shampoo car with mitt then rinse
use carpro tri x and powerwash
clay mitt and heavy mix of car shampoo then rinse
polish with poorboys ssr2.5
then seal with carpro hydro2 lite and powerwash as stated
towel dry

is this correct many thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We use autosmart clay cloths at work.
New Gen BMW paint is ludicrously soft and these mits don't leave marring.