ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Farewell, Adios, Goodbye..

Due to the clarity of the statements from the Cliosport Taliban.. I will, as requested, leave the forum.

To all the genuinely decent people here, keep in touch.

to the Taliban..

I should have known not to trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesnt die....

:D

Joe.. adios...

S2000

What....I have missed something?

Whos is tell you your no longer welcome. Thats a crock of the proverbial!

There will be nobody left to argue with!!:cry:

Get it sorted ClioSport admins!!!!

:mad:

I didnt think anybody had asked him to leave. I know the issue was raised as to whethr Joe was going to join the club and from what I gathered he felt he didnt need to pay because he offers so many useful threads. (Not exact words, Im paraphrasing)

Have to say mate if you can afford a 172, then £5 isnt going to break the bank is it?

Hi Joe - Ive not had time to post on the forum recently, so I have no idea what arguements have been going on. Ill definitely be in touch soon though. Still would be honoured if you would feck around with my suspension settings some time soon!

Cheers,

Rhys

320d M Sport

Joe,

If you do decide to go youll be surely missed, forums arent the be all and all of life (as you well know) but they are an informal way of people voicing their opinions. In my view Joe is a valued part of this club and I think weve all come to appreciate his help, advice etc etc and whether he joins the club or not is irrospective, and I think most people would agree that nobody in their right mind logs on each night just to have a row? Most "Slarty" posts have a certain tone to them which the seasoned lot on here have come to accept and expect, just dont read them in future??? I dont think one person or body has the right to push out or ban another person from an internet forum unless malice or abuse was specifically aimed at another person.

To all the moaners-I hope youre all very happy and can get of your high-horses now and livea fullfilling life....

To Joe-I hope youll keep in touch if you do go, I think you should make some waves over this one though......

Paddy

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 26 October 2002

Joe,

If you do decide to go youll be surely missed, forums arent the be all and all of life (as you well know) but they are an informal way of people voicing their opinions. In my view Joe is a valued part of this club and I think weve all come to appreciate his help, advice etc etc and whether he joins the club or not is irrospective, and I think most people would agree that nobody in their right mind logs on each night just to have a row? Most "Slarty" posts have a certain tone to them which the seasoned lot on here have come to accept and expect, just dont read them in future??? I dont think one person or body has the right to push out or ban another person from an internet forum unless malice or abuse was specifically aimed at another person.

To all the moaners-I hope youre all very happy and can get of your high-horses now and livea fullfilling life....

To Joe-I hope youll keep in touch if you do go, I think you should make some waves over this one though......

Paddy
Im sorry paddymph, but Joe is NOT a "valued part of this club", because he is NOT part of this club at all - I really cant see why someone who spends so much time around here would not be willing to pay their whopping £5 membership fee!!

I personally have no particular issues with Joe, but at the end of the day he finds it VERY difficult to accept any criticism or disagreement regarding his views, as was best illustrated when he spat out his dummy a few weeks ago and left the forums....

In some respects he will be missed, but I for one will certainly not be losing any sleep over it and in my opinion it will not dilute the quality of these forums one bit.

320d M Sport

Im not trying to start any arguments here and once asked Joe why he hadnt joined and was told he spent ages trying to get Paypal to work and couldnt and simply didnt get round to it himself. Joes a big boy and can look after himself Im merely giving my opinion and think its healthy to have person such as Joe on here?? Just dont read his posts?????

Paddy

williams and trophy

well i cant say im surprised

ask joe to back his theory of bhp/weight/1/4 mile times......never heard so much sh*t in all my life lol

but i cant say he deserved to be booted/asked to leave or whatever else has happened cos he does have a lot of valid points.............

but as for having to be a member of the club.......well a fivers no money is it? esp. to a mature guy(notice i didnt say old lol) like joe

i have been an active member on the forums since it first started....but have only just joined the club in recent weeks i wasnt asked to leave and i think iv prob pissed more people off on this forum than joe ever did......

adios joe n take care mate

jon

FRST and 106 GTi

I just know... that this all post is a bunch of crap!

No one has the right of asking someone to leave, but can moderate the forum. This is a forum for anyone who wants to post.. even some ppl who dont own or even never owned a clio made some posts.

Get down your ego ppl... as well has joe.

Want to fight? do it on a drag race. where thahell is a cliosport adm statement? I only read the Members posts.. :/

Trophy

Joe,

sorry to hear your leaving us!

Could you please post your contact details one more time so that i can get in touch in the future if i need to!

Mat.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Just for the record, no-one in the Admin team, myself included, has asked Joe to leave or even insinuated that (see my post to Joe yesterday, copy of which below):

"Other than that, Im not saying stop posting (just wanted to make that clear)."

Does that sound like Im telling him to leave?

He has made this decision himself, grown man he is. So dont try and pass the blame onto the Admin Taliban as he would like us to be known, we are not responsible for other forum members messages, as the screen says when you sign up. I feel its sad that you wanted to post this public message trying to stir the forum up for others that find it useful and do enjoy it.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Also might be a good idea for people to read the last weeks worth of Joes posts, (especially the comments he made to Jaine in the off topic thread) before jumping the gun and blaming the wrong people. Then you can make your own minds up without being influenced.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i cant post much at the mo cos i need to go do something, but i hope you change your mind Joe, dont leave

if not could i please have your email address so i can continue to discuss things with you in the future ?

320d M Sport

errr, Jasdont think your going to make things any better saying that!? Think thats stirring it a little!

Paddy

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Just being impartial. Let people make their own minds up. I dont like being blamed for things I didnt do, just like everybody really!