ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Codes, Sunroof and mayo under oil cap.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys,
Recently bought a Clio 1.2 16v 2003 and plugged my obd scanner to find that it was registering fault code p0440 what is this and how can it be solved and also after doing a few hundred miles I've noticed a buildup in "Mayo sludge quite thickly on the oil filler cap and oil filler tube however no other symptoms of Head gasket failure I presume this is just condensation from previous owner only doing short trips. Also the sunroof leaks is this a common problem is it likely to be drain tubes or the seal?
Many thanks
Llandjack

Mayo is common as you've said, short trips not letting the engine warm up enough etc.

Search the code on here, you might find an answer, might be worth clearing the code if you haven't already and seeing if it pops up again, might be an old fault.

Sunroof try cleaning the drain tubes first like you say and go from there.

clio dci , ren8
Mayo under the filler cap is no problem & common on the 1.2 16v , sun roof will need taking out including the frame & resealing .if you run your finger round the edge of the sun roof surround & can pus a gap with your finger that's were the water is getting in .

Clio extreme 1.2
I have same problem with my sunroof leaking, its not bad. I got told to put sealant around the top of the sunroof, that should stop the leak but if you do this you wont be able to open the sunroof, for me thats not a problem because it a pathetic one anyway lol

Arctic Blue 182 FF
I have same problem with my sunroof leaking, its not bad. I got told to put sealant around the top of the sunroof, that should stop the leak but if you do this you wont be able to open the sunroof, for me thats not a problem because it a pathetic one anyway lol

I think they meant to take the sunroof out and put sealer round the frame then replace sunroof

Westfield, 182, 200
Isn't there a 'how to' for fixing leaking sunroofs?

Fixed two for people at work, you just need a 10mm ratchet spanner, tube of silicon and a couple of hours.