ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

feck £605 service sob sob

sigh.....

36K Major service £304
rear pads £119
leaking inner CV boot on drive shaft £182

tho i dont think i will be having the rattle fixed as its a new centre box on the exhaust and would cost another £400

rounds off a sh*te day quite nicely

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Should have got the pads and fitted yourself, 10 minute job and you can get the pads for 25 quid.

182 quid for a CV boot !!! WTF ! warranty ?

Centre box should also be fixed under warranty.. how old is your car ?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

If the CV is gone then you need a new driveshaft. Just hop my independant garage isnt as much cos mine is in today getting both sides done!

dont know what they have done as part of the service yet will find out later when i go and pick it up.

cost my 150 for front pads last time, but thats Reanult for you (well in leicester anyway)

I have an 02 172 that as far as Renault is concerned is an import so only two year Warrantee which runs out....well......about now

just checked with them and according to their computer my car doesnt register as having any warantee

eeek!, be intrested to know if they did the accessory belt (or whatever its called), 36k service on ours was about same price, but no belt listed on the invoice, schedule says it should be done at 36k.

no the belt wasnt changed just checked, will ask them about it tomorrow as i have to go back coz they have managed to brake the key to get the plate of the wheels and not stamped my book correctly either......sigh

whats the number for Renault UK ?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Those brake pads are an absolute rip off, I wasnt happy paying 30 for some fast road pads and paying my local garage 20 to fit them.

Quote: Originally posted by newbie, old172 on 15 April 2004

I have an 02 172 that as far as Renault is concerned is an import so only two year Warrantee which runs out....well......about now

just checked with them and according to their computer my car doesnt register as having any warantee
I havent tried it but there is a letter somewhere on here that states that if you have certain documents like the original bill of sale etc., you are entitled to the 3 year warranty - you just have to show them to the dealer.

If it doesnt work choose a good independent - that price for the pads is a piss take.

you need the accessory belt changed bud as it is stated in the book its just dealers dont realise it needs doing as the rest dont need it.

oh and im getting the service done 36with belt for about 250 :)

0800 072 33 72

You do get 3 years, it doesnt matter if it comes from the Renault factory in France or if it comes from the Renault factory in France.

All UK dealers import Renaults! (from the Renault factory in France)

If they still insist that its out of warranty, then take your money elsewhere.

ah but my mota was bought from a car supermarket, do i still get a warranty ?

According to the car supermarket i did but Renault leicester seem to have other ideas

just checked with Renault UK and they say my car is showing up as having no manufacturers warantee either :eek:(

but they say they may give some contribution towards the parts as part of a good will gesture but i have got to get me local delear to ring them (why they cant phone i dont know) and tell them the costs, before they will say for sure.

My 172 is booked in for its 36K service, they also said they would just check the accessory belt but not change it. When I take it in Im going to show them that it quite clearly states in the service schedule (additional items) that it MUST be changed at 36K. Also the pollen filter should be changed every 12K, thatas another thing they tend to miss.

Chris.

Yey, some good news. I had a word with Renault UK and they had a word with Renault Leicester and while they still wont pay for the CV gator they have agreed to pay the 400 odd quid for the exhaust centre section.

so not a bad result

thanks for all the help, just wish I knew about the forum (and Renault UK) a year ago when a weld split on my exhaust and Renault refused to pay, oh well

Golf 1.4 TSI

My CV got done under warranty, why all the difference, it pisses me off when dealers that are all renault have different rules. It should all be the same, price and warranty work

My Renault dealer has now got up a sign as you go in saying:

"All customers entering this dealership must hand over the contents of their wallets and bend over so we can administer a proper shafting".

At least theyre honest about it.